PDA

View Full Version : Are these any good?

billyrayvalentin
10-02-2009, 03:32 PM
The wife and I are expecting a baby girl. I want to buy some nice cigars to pass out when she is born. Are these any good?

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=785729

If not, does anyone have any other recommendations? Most of my friends and family aren't cigar smokers, but I still don't wanna give them a dog rocket just in case they want to light it up. Plus, I wanna smoke one myself.

hotreds
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Methinks they'll do the job nicely! And, congratulations!

The Poet
10-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Don't know those, and the description ain't much help either. But I double-checked, and JRs lists 3 types of It's A Boy/Girl stogies, in case you decide against these, or lose the bid. One is JRs own, which should be OK for the guy who only smokes a cigar when handed one by a new dad, one is Berings in aluminum tubes, which should be better and easier to carry about without damage, and the last is RyJ in glass tubes, which are likely the best you'll find. And if your budget won't allow better, I'm sure some machine-mades (White Owl? Muriel?) are out there.

Congratulations, and good luck.

jerseystepup
10-02-2009, 03:44 PM
also arturo fuente makes its a boy/girl cigars...

captain53
10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Don't know those, and the description ain't much help either. But I double-checked, and JRs lists 3 types of It's A Boy/Girl stogies, in case you decide against these, or lose the bid. One is JRs own, which should be OK for the guy who only smokes a cigar when handed one by a new dad, one is Berings in aluminum tubes, which should be better and easier to carry about without damage, and the last is RyJ in glass tubes, which are likely the best you'll find. And if your budget won't allow better, I'm sure some machine-mades (White Owl? Muriel?) are out there.

Congratulations, and good luck.

:tpd:

Tio Gato
10-02-2009, 03:46 PM
They're good enough to pass out to your friends and family.
You may want to grab a handful of good strong cigars that come in tubes and put them away until your child graduates, gets married, etc.

I've got three Partys left from the box I bought to celebrate my niece's birth. They're now 15 years old. I'm looking forward to smoking them on her wedding day. (Which hopefully will not be in the near future.)

Congratulations to you and your bride!:tu

The Poet
10-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I checked further and found King Edwards for the cousins and drunken uncles. Save the good ones for your herfing buddies there. Just my :2

T.G
10-02-2009, 04:02 PM
The wife and I are expecting a baby girl. I want to buy some nice cigars to pass out when she is born. Are these any good?

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=785729

No clue, although I've learned to be suspect of any of these non-descript house brands. Over the years, I've smoked too many shittay cigars that were "mystery sticks" like this. Not to say all were bad, a few were decent, but none stand out, and none I would smoke again.

If not, does anyone have any other recommendations? Most of my friends and family aren't cigar smokers, but I still don't wanna give them a dog rocket just in case they want to light it up. Plus, I wanna smoke one myself.

Most are non-smokers, eh?

John Hay Vanilla. I'm serious.
http://www.johnhaycigars.com/

People who don't smoke cigars, and people who don't even smoke, will smoke one of those and usually enjoy it.

Dave and Lauren (the owners) are great people, they will take care of you, just tell them what you are looking for.

Bax
10-02-2009, 04:33 PM
They're probably dog rockets. I've learned thru experience to give out good cigars in tubes!!!

Most people don't have a humi and if they don't smoke them right away they'll end up in a drawer for a few weeks. The tubes will keep the cigar in OK shape for a good while.

R&J and Montecristo make very nice cigars that make excellent gifts and aren't too expensive. :2

NCRadioMan
10-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Cuesta-Rey Brevas It's a Boy or Girl. Good and mild and cheap.