PDA

View Full Version : Review: Tatuaje Angeles

pfm721
09-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Here is a review of a Tatuaje Angeles. At the time I did not know what the cigar was as it was part of a blind tasting put together by someone else.

Cigar #2

Date – 9/11/09

Time – 12:30 pm

Beverage – Water

Size – 4 ½ x 42 (approx)

Appearance: This cigar has a beautiful reddish brown wrapper (I’m guessing Habano wrapper). The wrapper is slightly oily, fairly smooth, and there are no major veins. Construction appears flawless with just the right amount of give and no hard spots. The triple-cap is perfectly applied.

Pre-light: The cap clips off easily and the flavors pre-light are tobacco and leather with a little spice.

1/3: The cigar lights easily and the initial burn is very even. The initial draw is, to my taste, is a little tight. The initial flavors confirm the leather and a slight spice, with a woody note present. At this point I find the cigar to have great flavors and salty profile. I would like a little sweetness to balance out the saltiness at this point.

2/3: The ash holds to almost 2” and the burn is straight. The draw opened up after about 1’ and is now perfect offering just a slight resistance. As the cigar enters the halfway point the spice, reminiscent on red pepper flakes, is really prominent, almost eye-openingly so. The wood flavor is still present and reminds me of oak, like you would get from good bourbon. The smoke is nice and creamy and there seems to be a subtle sweetness entering at this point.

3/3: I am loving this little corona sized cigar. The sweetness has continues to increase and reminds me a little of toffee. The spice has settled down from the halfway point (I might have gotten the cigar hot and caused the increase in spice that way). The oaky flavor is still present. The burn was straight the entire way through.

Conclusion: I really enjoyed this cigar. It had good complexity, excellent physical properties, and kept my attention the whole way through.

Overall Appearance and Presentation: 19/20

Lighting and Burning Properties: 15/15

Construction Properties: 28/30

Taste Properties: 31/35

Total: 93/100

Stogieguys score: 4 ½ out of 5 stogies

MedicCook
09-28-2009, 01:26 PM
These are great cigars.

pfm721
09-28-2009, 01:28 PM
These are great cigars.

Agreed I wasn't sure what it was when I smoked it but it was very familiar. Awesome value at the price.

kelmac07
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Very tasty indeed!!

BlackIrish
09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
These are great cigars.

I've gone through a box of them myself. :banger

mcmoyer
09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Love these little treats! I'm burning my way through one box with another box waiting patiently in line. Great review!!

:ss

njstone
09-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Nice review, one of my favorites!

The Havana Vi line is one of my most-smoked sticks these days, and the Angeles has got to be one of my 2 favorite petite coronas on the planet (along with the Illusione 68).

Sometimes when I say that people bring up all the great Cubans ... I'm sure there are good Cuban pcs, I don't know, but I think they'd have a hard time beating the Angeles!

Smokin Gator
09-28-2009, 06:43 PM
It is a very good smoke!!!