PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Whitening products

muhren
09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Completely random thought here!

Any other vain Bros or Sis-s using teeth whitening products?

I've been using Listerine disolving white strips and they're working fairly well!

Anyone had any luck with anything else?

M

Mugen910
09-22-2009, 09:41 AM
I get the stuff from the dentist..it kills my teeth to the point where the next day I have lots of trouble with sensitivity to cold drinks..but it works.

MajorCaptSilly
09-22-2009, 09:44 AM
I like the dissolving strips and also brush with a product called Gly-Oxide. Gly-Oxide is made to treat gum injuries but contains a good amount of peroxide in a gel form. I brush my teeth with toothpaste then brush again with the Gly-Oxide every morning. I let it sit on my teeth while shaving and it makes them noticably whiter. Google Gly-Oxide and you will find folks also use it in their whitening trays, etc.

MCS

adampc22
09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
i am not going to say enything to this as it will just give u all the ammo to make some british jokes oh crap

Mugen910
09-22-2009, 09:49 AM
i am not going to say enything to this as it will just give u all the ammo to make some british jokes oh crap

ok austin powers.:r

nozero
09-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I like the dissolving strips and also brush with a product called Gly-Oxide. Gly-Oxide is made to treat gum injuries but contains a good amount of peroxide in a gel form. I brush my teeth with toothpaste then brush again with the Gly-Oxide every morning. I let it sit on my teeth while shaving and it makes them noticably whiter. Google Gly-Oxide and you will find folks also use it in their whitening trays, etc.

MCS

http://www.glyoxide.com/faq.aspx

Q1. What does it do?
A1. Used routinely, Gly-Oxide:
# Kills odor-forming germs.
# Foams and flushes out food particles ordinary brushing can miss.
# Cleans stains from orthodontics/dentures/bridgework better than brushing alone.
# Helps maintain oral hygiene when regular brushing is inadequate or impossible.

Used for treatment, Gly-Oxide:
# Gently removes unhealthy tissue, then cleanses and soothes canker sores and minor wounds and inflammations (such as from dental procedures, orthodontics, dentures, etc.) so natural healing can better occur.

Q2. How does it work?
A2.
# Releases hydrogen peroxide for sustained antiseptic and oxygen-cleansing action.
# Releases oxygen for gentle, but effective tissue debridement.
# The anhydrous glycerol protects the peroxide molecule delaying its breakdown and holds the carbamide peroxide and peroxide foam in close contact with teeth and tissue throughout the mouth.

Q3. How do I use Gly-Oxide?
A3.
# Apply to toothbrush (it will sink into bristles), cover with toothpaste, brush normally.
# OR, swish in mouth for several minutes.
# OR, apply directly to affected area.

Q4. How does Gly-Oxide Liquid differ from plain hydrogen peroxide?
A4. The combination of hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide with glycerin creates a relatively stable form of hydrogen peroxide that prolongs the antiseptic and cleansing oxygen action of the hydrogen peroxide. Carbamide peroxide also promotes gentle but effective tissue removal.

Sounds like good stuff, I may have to give it a try.

borndead1
09-22-2009, 10:00 AM
The BEST product I've ever used is Crest Night Effects. It's a goo that you brush onto your teeth, go to sleep, and wipe it off when you wake up. ONE USE and my teeth were white. No chit. A box of 14 applications would last me almost a year.

I guess it works too well. They don't make it anymore. :mad:

adampc22
09-22-2009, 10:07 AM
ok austin powers.:r

my teeth are fine yeh i have a few missing in the back (old sports injury) but thay fine :D

muhren
09-22-2009, 11:08 AM

MCS

I may have to look in to this! Thanks for the heads up.

M

Mugen910
09-22-2009, 11:12 AM
my teeth are fine yeh i have a few missing in the back (old sports injury) but thay fine :D

http://www.alphamom.com/smackdown/austin-powers1.jpg

T.G
09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Completely random thought here!

Any other vain Bros or Sis-s using teeth whitening products?

I've been using Listerine disolving white strips and they're working fairly well!

Anyone had any luck with anything else?

M

Comet scouring powder works great!

Little rough on the gums though...

adampc22
09-22-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.alphamom.com/smackdown/austin-powers1.jpg

wait a min isnt that a yank just trying to be british

icehog3
09-22-2009, 01:07 PM
wait a min isnt that a yank just trying to be british

Canadian. ;)

DougBushBC
09-22-2009, 01:55 PM
I get the stuff from the dentist..it kills my teeth to the point where the next day I have lots of trouble with sensitivity to cold drinks..but it works.

I did the laser whitening about 10 years ago when I got my braces off, my teeth hurt for over a month after and were sensitive for a year, I would NOT recommend it to anyone.

Pilon
09-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I use the crest whitening strips from my local drug store. 25 a pack about for 15 or 30 days. Works like a charm. Put em on before I shower, after the shower i take them off and brush me teeth. I've received several comments. I was even complimented by Glen Case, owner of Kristoff cigars. He was joking how in the industry he never sees nice teeth. He is a well kept gentleman himself with whiter teeth than mine.

muhren
09-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I use the crest whitening strips from my local drug store. 25 a pack about for 15 or 30 days. Works like a charm. Put em on before I shower, after the shower i take them off and brush me teeth. I've received several comments. I was even complimented by Glen Case, owner of Kristoff cigars. He was joking how in the industry he never sees nice teeth. He is a well kept gentleman himself with whiter teeth than mine.

Funny that he has whiter teeth. Cool though. I just like to enjoy a nice cigar and not have a yellow smile.

Thanks for the input guys. Glad I'm not the only one! :banger

M

Mugen910
09-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I did the laser whitening about 10 years ago when I got my braces off, my teeth hurt for over a month after and were sensitive for a year, I would NOT recommend it to anyone.

trying to get them whiter before braces :(

:tu

skullnrose
09-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Tried a few best bang for the buck were the Target branded strips. If you search it on amazon they sell the product the dentist sell you but a lot cheaper like 15.00 for a syringe and the mouth pieces works great but caused slight gum irritation.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013TO92M/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

Mugen910
09-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Tried a few best bang for the buck were the Target branded strips. If you search it on amazon they sell the product the dentist sell you but a lot cheaper like 15.00 for a syringe and the mouth pieces works great but caused slight gum irritation.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013TO92M/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

wow that's amazing..I didn't know you could get the gels stand alone..since I already have the trays this would be cool. :tu

IBQTEE1
09-24-2009, 09:42 AM
A couple of years ago I got fitted for whitening trays at my dentist. I use them a couple of times a year. It was a little bit of money but well worth it. I can always get more whitening gel and it keeps well in the fridge.

chippewastud79
09-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Crest White Strips Advanced. Slightly expensive but once every 6 months or so, they work very effectively :tu

kenstogie
09-24-2009, 11:12 AM
A couple of years ago I got fitted for whitening trays at my dentist. I use them a couple of times a year. It was a little bit of money but well worth it. I can always get more whitening gel and it keeps well in the fridge.

Couldn't we buy a mold (like a sports mold) and make a mold of our chompers and use the gel?

rizzle
09-24-2009, 11:53 AM

:tpd:
Usually gets a little better after a few days. I think I've got the 16% stuff or some such nonsense. Powerful chit. I don't know if it's working though...

http://www.drbukk.com/images9/Coorman1.jpg

Mugen910
09-24-2009, 11:55 AM
:tpd:
Usually gets a little better after a few days. I think I've got the 16% stuff or some such nonsense. Powerful chit. I don't know if it's working though...

http://www.drbukk.com/images9/Coorman1.jpg

:tu

dannysguitar
09-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Just thought I would revive this thread. I started the Crest 3D strips today. We'll see how it goes in a few days!

T.G
09-14-2010, 10:19 AM
I brush with this:

http://mygo4green.com/store/image/36590/Buy_American_SCOURING_POWDER_21oz_COMET.jpg

Kind of does a number on my gums, but hot diggity damn, my teeth sure are white and shiny!