PDA

View Full Version : Cruzado Domenico...WOW! Awesome!

e-man67
09-22-2009, 06:50 AM
So I did a swap with a a bro for 5 Cruzado Domenico's for my 5 Illusione 68's. I had no idea they were made by Dion (can't keep track of it all) so I had my doubts when folks said they thought they were better than Illusiones. Let me just say the first half of this stick had that Illusione flavor you find in the smaller sticks but 2x that...it was awesome...very hyped about this stick. So then it starts to mellow a bit (about 1/2 inch) then hits again POW! It's funny because I usually get that sweetness fresh flavor on the front end (tip of the tongue, then it diffuses) of the cigar with the Illusiones but with the Cruzado I got the flavors on the back end (side of my mouth to the back of the throat). I got much more flavor out of this stick that I really love about the Illusiones. Now this bro just got this box and cracked the seal and put my fiver in a plastic bag (which I still have them in inside my humi)...I had a few guys tell me they thought these were lite in the flavor department...I wonder if it has anything to do with age that maybe the fresher sticks have the bolder flavor than those that have sat around awhile in an open box? Just a theory...but try them b/c they are wonderful!!! :D

elderboy02
09-22-2009, 06:52 AM
I only had 1 back in January. I need to re-visit these. Thanks for the review! :tu

Patrick B
09-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Well you talked me into it. Firing up my second ever Cruzado now...

Ratters
09-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Nice review, great sticks, especially in the Marelas vitola. :tu

TheRiddick
09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
As much as I love Illusiones, I think Cruzados are probably better cigars (blend wise) overall. If Dion could dial in a bit of spice, Cruzados would be simply awesome.

Skywalker
09-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Very nice review!!!

Thank you!!!:tu

These are fantastic!!!

Patrick B
09-23-2009, 05:45 AM
The one I had last night was very good (smallest vitola), but I still prefer the strength and spice of say the 68 and CG:4. I'll try one of the larger Cruzado's soon for shits and giggles.