PDA

View Full Version : Famous Value Line Dominican #200

borndead1
09-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Size: Belicoso, but it's a thin belicoso with a 46 RG and 6.25" length.

Here they are: http://www.famous-smoke.com/value+line+dominican+no.+200+belicoso+cigars/item+29023

I am not normally a fan of Dominican tobacco, so a cigar like this would usually not make a blip on my radar. But, having smoked through several bundles of another Famous Dominican cigar, the Dominican 4000, I threw out a lowball bid on a bundle of these on the Famous auction site. $14 + $6 shipping = $1/stick :ss

The first thing I notice when I bust open the bundle is UGLY wrappers. Blemished, inconsistent color. But I can't dismiss them yet.

I took one out of the cello. These cigars are SOLID, man. Very well constructed. Heavy in the hand.

I've smoked 3 or 4 of them in the past week or so. They are still a bit wet, so I will let the rest of them sit for a while, but I wanted to form at least somewhat of an opinion.

These are decent cigars! No surprises, pretty typical mild/medium Connecticut wrap cigar, but barely a hint of the grassy flavor I get from most Dominican tobacco. A bit of woodsy flavor, butter/cream, and mild tobacco.

Draw is on the tight side, but I can chalk that up to the cigars still being moist. The burn is nearly perfect, which tells me that when the cigars do dry out a little, they will smoke pretty well.

The Value Line Dominican #200 is a yard-gar extraordinaire, or perfect for the moochador.