PDA

View Full Version : Punch/V-cut Question

Smokin Gator
10-23-2008, 06:17 AM
I picked up a bundle "Super-Premium 2nds" off of CB for yard gars. Although they are very mild, I like the flavor somewhat. What I can't stand is the amount of tobacco bits that end up in my mouth!!! The ad says they are made with long filler. I think not!!!

Anyway, I have always cut my cigars. After spitting about 30 times yesterday I was thinking about chunking rest of these. Then I thought about using a punch, but I don't have one. Then I thought about something I have read on here... making a "V-cut." To do that do I just use a knife and make two small cuts that come together to make a V?

Thanks in advance for the help.

rsamos
10-23-2008, 06:28 AM
You'd use a 'V' cutter.

Something like this:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/search/accstats.cfm/inum/15669/kws/ZWW1918?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-accessories-_-Firstland%20International-_-CU-FIR-VC010

CoroHo
10-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Gator! You should quit smoking that cheap chit, for one. :ss

I'm not sure a v-cutter would help if the filler is the problem. It will help save the cap from being slashed too deeply, but no matter how you clip the cap it will expose the short filler. Dunno!

AM/CoRoHo

Smokin Gator
10-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Gator! You should quit smoking that cheap chit, for one. :ss

I'm not sure a v-cutter would help if the filler is the problem. It will help save the cap from being slashed too deeply, but no matter how you clip the cap it will expose the short filler. Dunno!

AM/CoRoHo

LOL on the cheap stuff!!! I know you are right. My collection of decent and up sticks is growing by the day it seems, but I keep telling myself I should let them age. So I buy cheap stuff to smoke daily or for the yard. I gotta get over that!!!

RHNewfie
10-23-2008, 08:47 AM
I have to say, when I went to Cuba last August I grabbed the wrong cutter and it turned out to be by V cutter, I was surprised at how well it cut and how much I enjoyed the cut - if that makes sense. Now I use it all the time!