PDA

View Full Version : Adrian's cigars?

JJG
09-17-2009, 07:04 PM
stopped by the neighborhood shop tonight and they were having an event for Adrian's cigars. I talked to the guy a bit. he seems really serious about what he's selling, but what was weird is that he's using Costa Rican tobacco with Ecuadorian wrappers. I've never heard of people using tobacco from Costa Rica.

According to him he deconstructed a bunch of of Cuban RyJs #2s (his favorite cigar) in an attempt to find just the right ligero, secco, etc. that would match the flavor of RyJs. The guy was definitely a cigar nut so for $6, I figured what the hell and bought a corona.

Just wondering if anybody has heard of Adrian's. review to follow for sure. Here's the website.

http://www.smokeadrians.com/

NCRadioMan
09-17-2009, 08:23 PM
The REO has a Costa Rican wrapper.

aich75013
09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
I may have to try some.
It is my name afterall.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don Fernando
09-18-2009, 12:42 AM
stopped by the neighborhood shop tonight and they were having an event for Adrian's cigars. I talked to the guy a bit. he seems really serious about what he's selling, but what was weird is that he's using Costa Rican tobacco with Ecuadorian wrappers. I've never heard of people using tobacco from Costa Rica.

I know that several manufacturers use Costa Rican tobacco. Bucanero for example, and Vegas de Santiago (they produce a Costa Rican puro, one of my fav yardgars).

jledou
09-18-2009, 05:11 AM
I know that several manufacturers use Costa Rican tobacco. Bucanero for example, and Vegas de Santiago (they produce a Costa Rican puro, one of my fav yardgars).

I liked the Vegas de Santiago and I believe Taboo also uses tobacco from Costa Rica.

I will have to try the Adrians as one of the shops that carries them is close to work.

There was also an interesting article in ECCJ about Costa Rica and the new tobacco and cigars coming from there.

JJG
09-18-2009, 08:59 AM
smoked the maduro corona last night and it was surprisingly good! like, really really good. As I mentioned the guy seemed pretty knowledgeable so I didn't think it was going to suck but it definitely exceeded my expectations . There was a ton of floral perfumed spice but the cigar never got harsh or bitter and I smoked down to the nub. I don't know what to compare it with. I'll be picking up more to share with the brothers here for sure.

Garbandz
09-18-2009, 09:35 AM
If you check you will see my reviews of Adrian's cigars here,if you want a thrill you need to try his spicy Sumatra blend,it will blow you away.Each of his smokes is distinctive and all are worth the effort to seek out.
The Isthmus cigar company sells 4 Costa Rican brands,andthere is
also Don Ursulo.Bucanero blends have a good bit of Costa Rican tobacco,and they offer a Puro called Treasure.The Bucanero blends are very nice,they are also reviewed on this site,and are a bargain if you order direct.