PDA

View Full Version : What occasions do you celebrate with a smoke?

TheTraveler
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
What occasions do you celebrate with a smoke?

I know that for many of us here every day has it's own reason to smoke and every day above ground is a reason to celebrate. But I'm talking about those special occasions - the ones where you can say "10 years from now on ________ date I will be smoking a cigar".

For me there are a few occasions that get a special mark on my calendar and a special cigar or pipe blend:

July 4 - Independence Day for my country
Nov 10 - USMC birthday
Nov 11 - Veteran's Day (Armistice Day)

I celebrate other occasions with a smoke as well, either pipe or cigar, but on these days I'll never miss that special smoke.

What about you guys and gals? What days do you hold dear? Birthday of a child, anniversary of a marriage, independence day for your country, date of passing of a loved one?

I'd like to hear and share. :)

Kreth
09-17-2009, 01:22 PM
My wife and I had a baby 2 months ago. I've been mulling over snagging a box to smoke 1 cigar on each of his birthdays, and having one with him on his 18th. Got the idea from another BOTL here.
Posted via Mobile Device

RGD.
09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Well I celebrate with a smoke every day I wake up breathing - :D

Seriously though - since I smoke every day all day long - no one day is any different than another.

Ron

icehog3
09-17-2009, 01:31 PM

Seriously though - since I smoke every day all day long - no one day is any different than another.

Ron

Ditto....seriously.

SilverFox
09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Sunrise..............every one I see is one more day I woke up alive.

14holestogie
09-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Yep. I wake up. Reason enough to celebrate. :tu

Scottw
09-17-2009, 01:36 PM
My wife and I had a baby 2 months ago. I've been mulling over snagging a box to smoke 1 cigar on each of his birthdays, and having one with him on his 18th. Got the idea from another BOTL here.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did that when my son was born on Sept 17th 2007, a box of Partagas Mille Fleur and tonight I will smoke the second of the box of 25 and when he turns 18, I will have 7 left and he and I will enjoy them except for the final one which I will give to him the day his son is born. Who knows how old it will be by then.

cricky101
09-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Beating my previous record for consecutive days alive.

----------
Usually any time I get together with old friends from high school and college it's worthy of a celebratory cigar. I've got them trained pretty well now, too.

Whenever we end up at the same place for a wedding, birthday, etc ... they're always quick to ask: "Did ya bring any cigars along?"

And I always do.

marge796
09-17-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't really need a reason to smoke. I do however like to hold onto higher ends sticks for special occasions like the Holidays, vacations or when I get together with old friends I haven't seen in awhile.

:ss

Chris.....

Kreth
09-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I did that when my son was born on Sept 17th 2007, a box of Partagas Mille Fleur and tonight I will smoke the second of the box of 25 and when he turns 18, I will have 7 left and he and I will enjoy them except for the final one which I will give to him the day his son is born. Who knows how old it will be by then.
I was thinking if I bought a box of 20, I could smoke the final cigar on the day he moves out. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Red
09-17-2009, 01:55 PM
i celebrate almost everyday with a smoke!

Doctorossi
09-17-2009, 01:57 PM

Fox, I suspect you smoke simply in a vain attempt to make a dent in your collection! :r

smokin5
09-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I celebrate that the end of another workday has arrived by lighting up a cigar.
Oh, and for lunch, too.
Weekends call for celebration that another workday did NOT arrive.
Now THAT'S a special event truly worth lighting a smoke or 3.

kelmac07
09-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Every day is a blessing!!

Old Sailor
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM

:tpd: yup, didn't wake up dead is good enough for me!:D

sc00bz86
09-17-2009, 02:32 PM
I celebrate to begin my day....I celebrate by Ending my day...and I celebrate by relaxing.....and Its always with a Garo Blue ...Medium butter smooth blend...great everyday Cigar...anyone hear about their new blend ...Ive been looking around forums to figure out if anyone knows anything....

poker
09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Every time someone takes the time out of their busy day to come visit & have a cigar with me on the patio.

the nub
09-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I celebrate with a smoke at 10am, 2pm and 8pm, give or take a few minutes or few hours. If I'm feeling alive and well, it's reason enough to smoke. Special sticks get smoked whenever I'm in the mood for it. Special days like my birthday, Christmas or New Year's aren't special smoke days simply because I'm too occupied celebrating or at a non-smoking place (i.e. mom's).

JJG
09-17-2009, 02:48 PM
well I was going to say I smoke a cigar to celebrate the fact that it's Friday every weekend! but I know that's not what you meant.

I usually try and smoke one on New Year's, kind of like a good luck thing. I smoked a special cigar the first time I got laid in my new apartment :tu but since I smoke all the time anyways, I'm thinking maybe I should get a special box or some singles reserved for extra special occasions.

something big too, like some Monte 'A's or Hoyo DCs

Giant & 49er Fan
09-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Days that end in "y". I really try to keep it to a minimum! :r

bobarian
09-17-2009, 03:04 PM
I smoke for enjoyment not to celebrate. Although a celebration may include a cigar, its mainly because I find it pleasurable. :2

Skywalker
09-17-2009, 03:27 PM

:tpd: Breathing is a good reason!!!

I usually celebrate at sunset:tu

gui_tarzan
09-17-2009, 03:36 PM
I smoke for enjoyment not to celebrate. Although a celebration may include a cigar, its mainly because I find it pleasurable. :2

Absolutely. I usually don't smoke in the house unless there's a fire going in the fireplace and then I'll lay there in front of it so the smoke goes up the chimney. Other than that, any day with good weather, in the car on a long drive or in the garage tinkering. I usually pass on rainy or cold days.

Wanger
09-17-2009, 07:29 PM
There are 2 days that I specifically celebrate with a certain cigar.
One is my mom's birthday (March 30th). I have a Fuente Work of Art Maduro every year in remembrance of her. The reason is that is the stick my dad and I smoked while we were putting together the posters for her visitation with my brother. It makes me slow down and think about her and how happy she always was around the kids, even when she was losing her battle with cancer.

The other is a Fuente 858 on May 1st for a friend of mine who was killed in a car accident in 2008. He was a long time poster on another board, and a founder of the MPLS crew on that board. It was his day of rememberance to his father, and many of us on that board have taken his tradition to remember him. We call it Waliguy day.

TheTraveler
09-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Interesting responses all. :)

I definitely prefer waking up to not waking up too! :r Any day above ground is a good day.

I may need to add another date to my calendar - what's the official birthday of CA ? :ss

Doctorossi
09-18-2009, 08:46 AM

My sentiments to the letter. :ss

The Poet
09-18-2009, 03:32 PM
As with most of these responders, I need no better reason to smoke a cigar than I have one, have fire, and have the breath to do so. Yet to reply somewhat to the intent of your thread, I do have one practice. Since I have an extremely limited supply of CCs at my disposal, I always enjoy one when my Tar Heels win a championship.

Those freakin' soccer girls are costing me a fortune.

Col. Kurtz
09-18-2009, 03:42 PM
As with most of these responders, I need no better reason to smoke a cigar than I have one, have fire, and have the breath to do so. Yet to reply somewhat to the intent of your thread, I do have one practice. Since I have an extremely limited supply of CCs at my disposal, I always enjoy one when my Tar Heels win a championship.

Those freakin' soccer girls are costing me a fortune.

You should be safe through football and basketball season this year.

GO PACK!

The Poet
09-18-2009, 03:54 PM
You should be safe through football and basketball season this year.

GO PACK!

You ain't wrong with that first part, but The Pack ain't going nowhere either. Well, mebbe to Denny's. :r

markem
09-18-2009, 03:58 PM

:tpd: any day where I wake up on the right side of the grass is one to have a great smoke.

sikk50
09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Any time I have a really bad day.
Any time I finish dazzling a teacher with bullshit...in essay for of course.
Any time I finish midterms/finals.
Before going back home or back to school.
My birthday.

UMmm thats about it, probaly when I get married/have a pup.

Col. Kurtz
09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
You ain't wrong with that first part, but The Pack ain't going nowhere either. Well, mebbe to Denny's. :r

I keed, I keed...

Football, they may have a chance
Basketball. No way.

But hey, how bout a friendly wager (sticks) on the State v Carolina (basketball) game this year?

Cigary
09-18-2009, 04:15 PM
For me, just getting up and knowing I made it through another night is celebration enough for moi'.

The Poet
09-18-2009, 04:19 PM
I keed, I keed...

Football, they may have a chance
Basketball. No way.

But hey, how bout a friendly wager (sticks) on the State v Carolina (basketball) game this year?

To avoid a flatout hijack, you can PM me if you wish - once you figure out how many points you're gonna want. :D

Col. Kurtz
09-18-2009, 06:02 PM
PM Sent bro!

NCRadioMan
09-18-2009, 06:04 PM

:tpd: Also, seriously.

captain53
09-18-2009, 06:08 PM

:tpd: Only difference is I celebrate with a top shelf stogie.

htown
09-18-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm usually a weekend smoker, but one day I will smoke a celebratory cigar will be the birth of my son this January.

dogface_313
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
OCT 24th. That is the day I am getting married. I intend to smoke a great cigar on that day for the rest of my life.