PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music do you listen to while herfin?

cherrybomb
10-22-2008, 10:51 PM
personally i like downtempo, jazz, dub, string cheese incident or some steely dan. However sometimes I can't decide what to listen to and just wanted to share a great station with you guys! Http://www.pandora.com. It's the best quick fix to indecisiveness!:D

jbonnefsc
10-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Buena Vista Social Club (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buena_Vista_Social_Club_(album))

GhostRyder
10-22-2008, 11:44 PM
However sometimes I can't decide what to listen to and just wanted to share a great station with you guys! Http://www.pandora.com. It's the best quick fix to indecisiveness!:D

I love Pandora. I'm actually listening to it right now. It is a very unique program. Once you get a station tailored to your tastes it is pretty much perfect. I've never actually listened to music while smoking. I need to smoke indoors someday... (just a little hard to do in a dorm room).

Conch Republican
10-23-2008, 07:18 AM
Everything. I prefer Radio Margaritaville (dot com), but tastes run the gamut from Blues to Zydeco

tsolomon
10-23-2008, 07:40 AM
I have been on a blues kick lately, Robert Johnson, BB King, Billie Hoilday, and some jazz. If it's just me at home, then it classic rock, Hendrix, The Doors, Led Zep and Stones. :dance:

SeanGAR
10-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Dexys Midnight Runners radio .... 24/7 Come on Eileen ... can't beat that.

68TriShield
10-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Nobody you guys have ever heard of :)

Well maybe a few of you...;)

GhostRyder
10-23-2008, 09:04 AM
I have been on a blues kick lately, Robert Johnson, BB King, Billie Hoilday, and some jazz. If it's just me at home, then it classic rock, Hendrix, The Doors, Led Zep and Stones. :dance:

That sounds pretty solid right there. Buddy Guy and Johnny Winter have some albums I've been listening to recently. Also, can't rule out SRV and Eric Clapton.

My Jazz station on Pandora has become pretty solid.

ChicagoWhiteSox
10-23-2008, 09:31 AM
cigar podcasts, glt news blues and all that jazz

King James
10-23-2008, 09:37 AM
depends..... as attendees of the lCdA Herf can attest to, I have a very eclectic taste in music.

FriskyDingo
10-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Usually a mix of the Rat Pack. Can't go wrong with Frank and Dean though. Sometimes a little Cuban music thrown in as well.

Redbaron
10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Lemon Jelly

Golfman
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Whatever is playing in the lounge I am in haha

Guitarman-S.T-
10-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Always blasting LOADS of Brutal Death metal, GrindGore metal...

Vader, Facebreaker, Cryptopsy... and Vital Remains...

But no one ever shows up any more... :ss:bh

Golfman
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM

Maybe some Opeth -Damnation would go over better while smoking a cigar

jbo57
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Since I'm on the porch, my little transistor radio and me go out and listen to fluid tones of Sean Hannity. :)

jquirit
10-23-2008, 01:18 PM

He lies. He listens to emo-rock, goth-emo-core, and b-sides (because they got CUT.. har har har!). :r

As for me, I listen mostly to acid jazz (Portishead, Massive Attack, etc) and Euro rock bands like Keane and Muse.

boonedoggle
10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
If I'm at Slacker.com, I either pick Jazz, Blues, or Indie depending on my mood.

MajorCaptSilly
10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Blues - 30%
Punk - 30%
Metal - 20%
Alt. Country (Uncle Tupleo, Dave Alvin, etc) - 20%
Journey- 0%

MCS

renton20
10-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I listen to a huge variety of music, but the last three albums I bought are as follows. LP3 by ratatat, Queen's greatest hits, and When life gives you lemons you paint that sh** gold by Atmosphere. :tu

Guitarman-S.T-
10-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Maybe some Opeth -Damnation would go over better while smoking a cigar

Oh.. that would be nice to set the mood, i know it works wonders when ya take lady in the den :r

Guitarman-S.T-
10-23-2008, 03:09 PM
He lies. He listens to emo-rock, goth-emo-core, and b-sides (because they got CUT.. har har har!). :r

As for me, I listen mostly to acid jazz (Portishead, Massive Attack, etc) and Euro rock bands like Keane and Muse.

Are you talking about Ask_The_Gman again?
Jared will whoooooop on ya when you misstell his musical collection TOP 10's!
Atreyu, and Devil Wears Prada :usa

Golfman
10-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Oh.. that would be nice to set the mood, i know it works wonders when ya take lady in the den :r

definitely... or when herfing with wacky tobbacco

dmoby
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Been on Pandora a long time and it kicks ass. Mostly listen to Bluegrass, Jazz, DMB, Classical.

bobarian
10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
When we herf? Not much, we are always too busy yakking and smoking.:ss

brigey57
10-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Polka music. Nothing can beat a good polka hop. Getts everybody movin. :dance:

Resipsa
10-23-2008, 04:18 PM
When we're at the Shack it's mostly Dexies Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen", mostly cause it's on Dave's Ipod and Tom keeps putting it on repeat, it's his favorite song....at other times and herfs a mix of stuff.

Squid
10-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Down South, we normally put on the Soundtrack from Deliverance! :ss

Ender
10-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Funny question. The other day I was thinking about the times I listen to podcasts during my smoke and realized how little I end up paying attention to my cigar due to being attentive to the discussions. It's wierd though, that I can still pay attention to the cigar if I'm out with friends.

sikk50
10-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Ska

CoventryCat86
10-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Punk!

Dropkick Murphys
The Tossers
The Street Dogs
The Briggs
Flogging Molly
New York Dolls
Stiff Little Fingers
The Killigans
Flatfoot56
Kevin Flynn and the Avondale Ramblers
Darkbuster
The Pogues
The Deadly Sins
The Bones
and many others that I can't think of at the moment.

I like metal as well but I don't listen to it much anymore, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, KISS, etc.

I did score some ACDC tickets for their show in Boston on November 9th but I'm not sure I'm actually going to go. I just got their new CD in the mail today and I plan on putting it in the CD changer in the car real soon.

I never listen to the radio in the car, ONLY my CDs. I own pretty much every CD that the first five groups on my list ever released.

The Tossers will release a new CD on October 28th and their CD release party is December 12 in Chicago (where they are from). I really hope to fly out to see that show, it will be AWESOME!

I would much rather see a punk band in a small club that see a bigger band in a huge venue. I average going to one to two punk shows a month and have been doing this for the past four years.

smokeyandthebandit05
10-24-2008, 07:22 AM
COUNTRY!!!!!!

----------------
Now playing: Kenny Chesney - Don't Happen Twice (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/kenny+chesney/track/dont+happen+twice)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

mrreindeer
10-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Buena Vista Social Club (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buena_Vista_Social_Club_(album))

:tpd: ABSOFREAKINLUTELY! Nothing for me says cigar time more than the BVSC, a great Cuban band. Really sets the mood.

Howzabout Yael Naim? :rolleyes:

Blues - 30%
Punk - 30%
Metal - 20%
Alt. Country (Uncle Tupleo, Dave Alvin, etc) - 20%
Journey- 0%

MCS

No Journey??? Come on!

mosesbotbol
10-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Lou Monte!

mosesbotbol
10-24-2008, 09:37 AM
I did score some ACDC tickets for their show in Boston on November 9th but I'm not sure I'm actually going to go. I just got their new CD in the mail today and I plan on putting it in the CD changer in the car real soon.

I got a copy of their CD a few weeks ago. Sounds cool, but nothing different than their other stuff. 30 years of one song, but what a song it is!

Lee
10-24-2008, 05:44 PM
That sounds pretty solid right there. Buddy Guy and Johnny Winter have some albums I've been listening to recently. Also, can't rule out SRV and Eric Clapton.

My Jazz station on Pandora has become pretty solid.

Keb'Mo and Kenny Wayne Shepherd should also be on any Blue's play list.

taltos
10-25-2008, 04:39 AM
I usually listen to talk radio when smoking on the porch but on Saturdays a local station plays Irish music all day and I listen to that until the football games come on.

leafandale
10-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Jazz and blues

MajorCaptSilly
10-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Keb'Mo and Kenny Wayne Shepherd should also be on any Blue's play list.

If you like Kenny Wayne, try Joe Bonamassa. He rocks!

MCS

Smokin Gator
10-25-2008, 08:58 AM
XM Radio Bluesville is all I ever listen to anymore.

Lee
10-26-2008, 08:08 PM
If you like Kenny Wayne, try Joe Bonamassa. He rocks!

MCS

Thank you very much sir. :tu I downloaded a couple of songs last night. He does sound alot like Kenny Wayne, although I think his voice sounds more like
Gregg Allman's. He'll be a great addition to my blues list.

madurofan
10-26-2008, 08:12 PM

One or two....:D

Ragin Cajun
10-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Well usually I don't listen to any music other than the sounds of the backyard. But last night at the TriShield Herf we were listening to some blugrass being played by Banjo Mike and JKorp.