PDA

View Full Version : Man O' War Ruination Belicoso

Kreth
09-15-2009, 08:18 PM
I picked up a single on cbid after winning another auction.

Humidor time: 1 month

Prelight: Construction looks nice. The wrapper has a nice sheen to it, with minimal veins. Prelight draw is moderate, and tastes of oak, leather and spice.

Burn: Burn was nice and even. Ash was nice and solid. Draw was moderate. Burn time was about 90 minutes.

Flavor: This cigar started out with a nice spice kick, similar to a DPG stick. Oak and leather were prominent, with a hint of cedar on the finish. The spice settled down after the initial blast, but still gave a nice kick, especially through the nose. The last third saw the spice pick back up a notch.

Summary: As with the regular MoW, *do not* smoke this stick on an empty stomach. Flavor was great, and I think I prefer this smoke over the regular MoW. But either is a good choice if you're looking for a spicy smoke.
Posted via Mobile Device

longknocker
09-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Nice Review, Jeff! I love the original MOW, and have a 5'er of the Ruination resting. Wanted to rest them 6 months, but I may want to sample 1 after 1 month after this review!:):tu

kenstogie
09-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I have about 15 of the MOW's are the ruination's any better and if so how much?

G G
09-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks.:tu

Kreth
09-15-2009, 09:05 PM
I have about 15 of the MOW's are the ruination's any better and if so how much?
They tasted very similar, the Ruination just had a bit more kick to it. I think the difference is the ligero wrapper on the Ruination.
Posted via Mobile Device

kenstogie
09-16-2009, 06:52 AM
They tasted very similar, the Ruination just had a bit more kick to it. I think the difference is the ligero wrapper on the Ruination.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks! I am trying to find a complelling reason to get the Ruination with the added cost but am thinking the regular MOW is fine especially since i p/u a 5 pack a Cbid last night for 13 bucks.

coastietech
09-16-2009, 07:03 AM
I've smoked both and thought the ruination was much better... For me they didn't taste the same as all.

I thought the regular MoW tasted like black pepper and spice all the way through, whereas with the Ruination I kept tasting for, lack of a better way to describe it, burning wood. It tasted to me very similar to what it smells like when you just get a piece of wood to start burning.

I really liked the Ruination and would consider getting a box. I liked the MoW but wouldn't drop the coin on a box. Just my :2

longknocker
09-16-2009, 07:17 AM
I've smoked both and thought the ruination was much better... For me they didn't taste the same as all.

I thought the regular MoW tasted like black pepper and spice all the way through, whereas with the Ruination I kept tasting for, lack of a better way to describe it, burning wood. It tasted to me very similar to what it smells like when you just get a piece of wood to start burning.

I really liked the Ruination and would consider getting a box. I liked the MoW but wouldn't drop the coin on a box. Just my :2

Thanks For The Comparison, Joe! :) I was wondering if the Ruination Increase in Price over standard MOW was warranted.:tu

Kreth
09-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks For The Comparison, Joe! :) I was wondering if the Ruination Increase in Price over standard MOW was warranted.:tu
In the current CI catalog, you can pick up a "free" 5er if you're willing to drop $40 on 2 Padilla salamons (Miami and Signature 1932). I haven't seen any boxes on cbid. It looks like they do have a full-flavored sampler for <$50 which has 4 each of the Ruination, Cu Avana Intenso, 5 Vegas Cask Strength, Graycliff G2, and one other cigar lost to CRS. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

poriggity
09-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Nice review! I love the Ruination myself. The regular MOW are pretty tasty as well. My biggest issue is the price on these. They aint cheap.
Scott

kenstogie
09-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Nice review! I love the Ruination myself. The regular MOW are pretty tasty as well. My biggest issue is the price on these. They aint cheap.
Scott

Ditto.

dannysguitar
09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Scott

:tpd:

Thanks for the 1 you gave me Scott. Smoked it on the golf course and loved it!

hotreds
09-16-2009, 12:12 PM
As OP mentioned, both the MOW and the MOWR are winners!

kenstogie
09-16-2009, 12:59 PM
If you look you can pick up the MOW's fairly inexpensively. Just p/u a 5ver for 13 beans on the devil site.

poriggity
09-16-2009, 05:09 PM
:tpd:

Thanks for the 1 you gave me Scott. Smoked it on the golf course and loved it!

Who you callin stupid? :D :D :banger

Glad you liked it Danny!
Scott

njstone
09-25-2009, 08:28 PM
I"m smoking another of these now. Really fantastic cigars, especially when you've already had a couple in the day and need something really strong. MMMMMMM!

Kreth
02-21-2010, 12:41 PM

So, since posting this review, I've smoked my way through a Royal Sampler (5 ea. of MoW and Ruination in robusto), as well as some singles and 5ers of each from bombs, trades, and cbid; and came to pretty much the same conclusion as Joe. I started to wonder where I ever got the idea that the two were similar.
Flash forward to today. Digging through the cooler for a smoke, I find a MoW SE Figurado (the same vitola from my original MoW review). As I'm smoking, I google a few reviews. Imagine my surprise to learn that the MoW figurado is not just a special edition vitola, it sports the same wrapper as the Ruination. Now I can go back to focusing on one of the important mysteries in life: Who killed Asmodean? :r
Posted via Mobile Device

issues
02-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the review Jeff! :tu

I really want to give these a try...

Anyone who has smoked both, how do the MOWRs compare to the Diesels?

kelmac07
02-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Nice review Jeff. :tu

Kreth
02-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Anyone who has smoked both, how do the MOWRs compare to the Diesels?
I've only smoked one of the Diesels so far (saving my pennies for a box purchase). Having said that, they're both good, strong smokes. The Diesel has a slightly sweeter flavor, with the PA broadleaf maddie wrapper.
Posted via Mobile Device