PDA

View Full Version : What brand cooler...

MrOneEyedBoh
09-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Alright with the incoming rise of bombs being sent to my house and me buying some I need a cooler now. The 120qt is where its at. But what I'm wondering is I have seen a member with a cooler that had shelves in it. Almost like a make shift vino. Anyways, What model was that? And I know you have have to season a coolidor but what is you add in the shelves? Cedar shelves to be exact.

Titan410
09-15-2009, 11:39 AM
It sounds like you're looking for a cooler with the slots cut in the sides. You need to find a Coleman Marine Cooler.
Then you can cut Spanish cedar to fit into the slots, turn it on its side and you are set.

http://www.coleman.eu/DE/images/Product/medium/23249.jpg

MrOneEyedBoh
09-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Thats it. Thanks. 120qt need 2lb of beads right? WHat about seasoning it? Maybe for a week like normal?

bobarian
09-15-2009, 12:09 PM
No need to season a cooler. Its plastic and it wont absorb moisture. If you add shelves be sure you use Spanish Cedar. You can wipe down the shelves with a slightly dampened wash cloth. 2lbs sounds right. :2

MrOneEyedBoh
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
BEcause you know Ill be buying them from you bro

NCRadioMan
09-16-2009, 05:42 PM
I use a .93 cent water pillow in my 77qt coolers and it keeps them a perfect 63%. They are not 120 qt though. For that size, I would use a $1.50 large water pillow. Nothing against beads, I just don't think it's wise to spend all that money for them when you can spend $1.50 for all the humidification you'll need.

:2

Col. Kurtz
09-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I use a .93 cent water pillow in my 77qt coolers and it keeps them a perfect 63%. They are not 120 qt though. For that size, I would use a $1.50 large water pillow. Nothing against beads, I just don't think it's wise to spend all that money for them when you can spend $1.50 for all the humidification you'll need.

Agree with Greg on this one. Seems my cooler-dor stays just fine with one humi source, and would probably rock on with nothing in it now... My desktops? They're humidity vampires, especially in the Winter.

bobarian
09-16-2009, 07:47 PM

Agree with Greg on this one. Seems my cooler-dor stays just fine with one humi source, and would probably rock on with nothing in it now... My desktops? They're humidity vampires, especially in the Winter.

:tpd::tpd:I actually dont use any humidification in my coolers. They all seal so well, when the Rh drops to 60% I just spritz the inside cover a few times and I am good to go for another month. :tu

Totemic
09-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Thats it. Thanks. 120qt need 2lb of beads right? WHat about seasoning it? Maybe for a week like normal?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9222616

150qt for under $80 with $1 shipping, hard to beat.
As others have said, no need to season, just make sure you wash it throughly so you can get rid of that weird plastic smell. As for humidity, because of the seal, as long as you don't open it much, you don't need anywhere near 2lbs of beads--I think I've spread about 3lbs of beads across four coolers without any problems.

I think those bead guides are assuming typical humidors made of wood, not something with an almost air tight seal.