PDA

View Full Version : What to do near LAX?

n3uka
09-15-2009, 12:17 AM
I am flying in to LAX this Wednesday around 8pm and will have about 3 hours to kill before I need to return to the airport to pick up my boss. I will have a rental at my disposal.

Any thoughts on what to do near there? I was thinking about trying to find a decent restaurant or something. Do I even dare leave the airport? Wasn't planning on bringing cigars for the short time I will be in town. I fly out the next night.

Any advice is appreciated. Definitely will try to plan a longer visit next time.

theonlybear4CORT
09-15-2009, 12:39 AM
I hear the drive by's are lovely this time of year

;)

Swampper
09-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Manhattan Beach is very close. Drive west. :D

Some good restaurants down there, and you can take a walk down the beach and smoke a cigar!

sodomanaz
09-15-2009, 03:29 AM
8pm... perfect time to drive towards Hollywood and hang out with the uhh... wonderful locals.

n3uka
09-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Manhattan Beach is very close. Drive west. :D

Some good restaurants down there, and you can take a walk down the beach and smoke a cigar!

4.6 mi – about 9 mins
Sounds like a plan

Thanks for the info :tu

JE3146
09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
I hear the drive by's are lovely this time of year

;)

Beat me to it :r

Sr Mike
09-15-2009, 09:06 AM
8pm... perfect time to drive towards Hollywood and hang out with the uhh... wonderful locals.

Hey, I used to represent that remark. Spent a lot of time there before moving southward.

ucla695
09-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Definitely check out Manhattan Beach!

theonlybear4CORT
09-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Beat me to it :r

:tu

Cigargal
09-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Go see Kelly!

theonlybear4CORT
09-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Go see Kelly!

Ripa?

Cigargal
09-15-2009, 09:05 PM
ripa?

poker!!

theonlybear4CORT
09-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Same thing rite?

:tg

n3uka
09-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Well that was a crazy trip. Next time I have to try and make it for more than 24 hours.

Manhattan beach was interesting. Had a couple fish tacos at Wahoo and then grabbed some sushi at Octopus. Enjoyed sitting on the pier for a bit and relaxing. Definitely screwed up in forgetting a cigar.

I also learned that the red lights on the outside lane at LAX are also to be followed on the inner lane. It also is not recommended to talk on a cell phone as you cut off a cop trying to pull into the lane while the light you can't even see is red. :rolleyes:

captain53
09-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Well that was a crazy trip. Next time I have to try and make it for more than 24 hours.

Manhattan beach was interesting. Had a couple fish tacos at Wahoo and then grabbed some sushi at Octopus. Enjoyed sitting on the pier for a bit and relaxing. Definitely screwed up in forgetting a cigar.

I also learned that the red lights on the outside lane at LAX are also to be followed on the inner lane. It also is not recommended to talk on a cell phone as you cut off a cop trying to pull into the lane while the light you can't even see is red. :rolleyes:

I like Wahoo, they have one in Austin.:tu

mrreindeer
09-24-2009, 08:23 AM

Sorry I missed this while I was out but I would have suggested MB too so you definitely had a great suggestion there...

Wahoo's is good & Mama D's next door for Italian is great. I love the MB Pier...did you get a chance to check out that little Aquarium that's on the end? Pretty nifty.

Sorry about the traffic ticket....yikes.

Blueface
09-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Dave,
While fish tacos are good, if in the area, limited time, only one thing on my mind:

IN N OUT!!!!!!!!

mrreindeer
09-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Damn right Carlos!

chippewastud79
09-24-2009, 09:40 AM
IN N OUT!!!!!!!!

:tpd::tu

n3uka
09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
IN N OUT!!!!!!!!

Had the opportunity but chose

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/n3uka/IMG00031.jpg

Forgot the name of the place. We were in San Dimas and I couldn't turn down the recommendation for an order of chirashi. :dr

MB was great. Didn't get there till 8:30. Tried Rock n Fish but they were packed and too long of a wait. Aquarium was closed but still a great time just relaxing listening to the waves.

I will make it back and definitely give myself more time to stay.

Blueface
09-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Had the opportunity but chose

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/n3uka/IMG00031.jpg

Forgot the name of the place. We were in San Dimas and I couldn't turn down the recommendation for an order of chirashi. :dr

MB was great. Didn't get there till 8:30. Tried Rock n Fish but they were packed and too long of a wait. Aquarium was closed but still a great time just relaxing listening to the waves.

I will make it back and definitely give myself more time to stay.

That looks good indeed.
However, back to In N Out........flying in to Phoenix next week, on Thursday, for a wedding on Friday, to return on Saturday.
Wedding? Incidental factor to get me to In N Out on Thursday, the second I land. :r

mrreindeer
09-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Hahahahaha....and that chirashi looks awesome....love that great lookin' salmon!