PDA

View Full Version : Perdomo Golf Birdie (Belicoso)

Kreth
09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
OK, first off, the full name for this cigar is La Tradicion Perdomo Reserve Limited Golf Edition. The Slow-Aged Lot 826 Maduro is one of my go-to smokes, and I haven't had a bad smoke from Perdomo, so I snagged a 5er of these from cbid to try.

Humidor time: 2 weeks

Prelight: The Connecticut wrapper has a nice reddish color, with minimal veins. Draw is moderate, tasting of coffee and cedar.

Burn: The burn was decent, not razor sharp, but it needed no touch-ups. Ash was nice and solid. Draw was moderate. The burn time was about 95 minutes.

Flavor: This smoke was very creamy. The coffee and cedar combined in a way that reminded me of a vanilla latte, with enough spice to keep things interesting.

Summary: I really enjoyed the flavor of this cigar. They can usually be had on cbid pretty cheap, so I think I'll be picking up some more.
Posted via Mobile Device

Whee
09-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I actually like these for my Golf 'gar when I have them. I agree it is a very creamy smoke, although I did not get coffee, but did have the cedar.:tu

GHC_Hambone
09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the review! I've seen these before and thought about trying one. From your review they sound pretty tasty, I'll have to pick one up next time I see them.

Whee
09-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Like Kreth said, these are cheap, especially for a Perdomo. $60ish for box.

kelmac07
09-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice review...big Peromo maduro fan here.

Kreth
09-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Like Kreth said, these are cheap, especially for a Perdomo. $60ish for box.
Yeah, they're a little more than the Slow-Aged, but I'd consider adding them to my go-to rotation.
Posted via Mobile Device