PDA

View Full Version : We are for real this year!!!!

coastietech
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Sanchez looked like a stud... He will only get better. He was calm in the pocket and made some great plays. Our defense looked like the Raven defense when they were champions. Our receiving squad looked good, they missed some easy plays but that will work itself out, and our running game was decent. We are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year!!!!

J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!!

RJK18
09-19-2009, 05:39 PM
DUUUUDE! Be careful, this is the Jets we are talking about. Build you up one week let you down the next. Remember beating Tenn. last year everyone was talking about the J E T S going to the super bowl. Then what happened, they lost in Denver.

BTW (I can't wait to watch them either)

coastietech
09-20-2009, 09:39 AM
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOPzbtF_yhQ&NR=1)

dunng
09-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the laugh... :r :r :r :r

jonharky
09-20-2009, 10:03 AM
So far he is done much better than our rookie quarterback thats for sure

icehog3
09-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't clear any space in the trophy case just yet, Joe. ;) :)

marge796
09-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Lets go Jets!!! Beat those overrated Patriots!!!!

RJK18
09-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Wooh baby! Great Game. Great defense.

DBall
09-20-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm lovin' it, but I've been a Jets fan too long to get my hopes up this early on... ;)

longknocker
09-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Sanchez looked like a stud... He will only get better. He was calm in the pocket and made some great plays. Our defense looked like the Raven defense when they were champions. Our receiving squad looked good, they missed some easy plays but that will work itself out, and our running game was decent. We are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year!!!!

J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!!

He's definitely improved over his pre-season games!:tu

coastietech
09-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Our defense is solid!!! We haven't allowed a touchdown on our defense in 8 quarters. Reives is a shutdown corner. He is going to be one of the best CB's in the league.

Sanchez takes a little bit to get his wits about him but once he's there he's on fire. We finally have a QB we can build a future on. Finally! I wish we would run Leon more than Jones though.

I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for us. We have a very hard schedule and if we can over come that we're golden. We've got Tennessee next week and NO the week after that... Those will be tougher games than this one was. I'm feeling good about this season for some crazy reason though. :tu

I can't wait to go to the game on Oct 12... Whoo hoo!!!:banger:dance:

Resipsa
09-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the laugh... :r :r

I'll be the first to admit I hate the jets, and believe by the end of the year they'll be sucking just like they always do.....
Having said that, who's laughing now:r

never a good idea to anger the football gods on Sundays;)

elderboy02
09-21-2009, 07:17 AM
I was glad to see the Pats lose :)

kelmac07
09-21-2009, 12:52 PM
I was glad to see the Pats lose :)

:tpd: Me too...seeing how they should be 0-2, my damn Bills!!

The Poet
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Don't get too excited, Joe. True, the kid shows some potential, and the D did a nice job holding the Putz to fieldgoals. But I live just a rifleshot from their new multi-zillion dollar training facility, and this town was psyched last year too - until the meltdown. Two good rounds of golf may win a tournament, but two regular-season games mean damn little.

Clampdown
09-21-2009, 03:30 PM
This is the same thing I hear from Mets fans every year.

DBall
09-27-2009, 02:08 PM
...can I get a what-what? 3-0? Damn!

TheTraveler
09-27-2009, 02:44 PM
...can I get a what-what? 3-0? Damn!

Nope, but I'll give you a :tg :tg :tg

(I was rooting for TN ;) )

:D

DBall
09-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Don't get me wrong... these game endings are not what I'm looking for... they almost seem to be getting lucky because the teams they play are more sloppy than they are.

I'd much rather see them win with poise, confidence and control, but I'm a Jets fan... I'll take it anyway I can get it. :D

coastietech
09-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Don't get me wrong... these game endings are not what I'm looking for... they almost seem to be getting lucky because the teams they play are more sloppy than they are.

I'd much rather see them win with poise, confidence and control, but I'm a Jets fan... I'll take it anyway I can get it. :D

:tpd: 3-0!!!!!

qwerty1500
09-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Yup, I think they may be for real.

jonharky
09-27-2009, 04:09 PM
I know you guys are all excited about your team going 3-0 but...The Detroit Lion's won their first game in 21 months!! :)

Resipsa
09-27-2009, 05:21 PM
you jet fans are going to make me taunt you. Never a good thing.

After that, I shall taunt you a second time.

Tarks
09-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Relax, its only week 3. :)

kelmac07
09-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Looking good for week #3.

RJK18
09-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I know you guys are all excited about your team going 3-0 but...The Detroit Lion's won their first game in 21 months!! :)

It's a sad sad night in DC.:r:r:r

DBall
10-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Tough game comin' up... let's hope we can keep that 1st-quarter-goodness up throughout the entire game...

coastietech
10-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Tough game comin' up... let's hope we can keep that 1st-quarter-goodness up throughout the entire game...

I think if they trust Sanchez and let him air it out we should be good. If they try and stifle the offense by trying to ground and pound we are gonna take a beating early and Sanchez is gonna have a harder time under pressure trying to play catch up.

Hopefully the defense plays better this week. I want a week one or week two performance!!

I think we'll be fine. :tu

Resipsa
10-02-2009, 05:46 PM
I think if they trust Sanchez and let him air it out we should be good. If they try and stifle the offense by trying to ground and pound we are gonna take a beating early and Sanchez is gonna have a harder time under pressure trying to play catch up.

Hopefully the defense plays better this week. I want a week one or week two performance!!

I think we'll be fine. :tu

Put your cigars where your
banter is:banger

longknocker
10-02-2009, 06:19 PM

:tu How About "Them Saints", Then?

Resipsa
10-02-2009, 06:24 PM
:tu How About "Them Saints", Then?

Saints will eat the the Nyets alive Greg :D

DBall
10-03-2009, 06:20 AM

You looking for a bet, Vic? :D

Don't get me wrong, I think the Jets are gonna have a hell of a time with this and probably not even win, but I'll all up for a friendly wager...

shilala
10-03-2009, 06:41 AM
I just love hearing them say "Sanchez". I have no idea why it entertains me so much, but I laugh every time I hear his name.
The kid can sling it, though. He's definately got some game. :tu

Resipsa
10-03-2009, 10:19 AM
You looking for a bet, Vic? :D

Don't get me wrong, I think the Jets are gonna have a hell of a time with this and probably not even win, but I'll all up for a friendly wager...

Absolutely Dan. I do have to say though when I bet on gAmes it's straight up, no points. I don't do it to try to screw
people, just that when fans are involved for
me it's about who the better team is. No moral victories are given for covering the spread :D

kelmac07
10-03-2009, 10:27 AM
True test this week!!

DBall
10-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Absolutely Dan. I do have to say though when I bet on gAmes it's straight up, no points. I don't do it to try to screw
me it's about who the better team is. No moral victories are given for covering the spread :D

I don't understand spreads or anything (not much of a gambler), however, I will bet you a fiver on the game...

Jets win, you send

NO wins, I send... deal?

Resipsa
10-03-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't understand spreads or anything (not much of a gambler), however, I will bet you a fiver on the game...

Jets win, you send

NO wins, I send... deal?You have yourself a bet, Sir

pnoon
10-03-2009, 01:34 PM

Shoot me a PM if the Colts make the playoffs and have to lose to the Chargers AGAIN.

I'd love to take more of your sticks. :wo

Resipsa
10-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Shoot me a PM if the Colts make the playoffs and have to lose to the Chargers AGAIN.

I'd love to take more of your sticks. :wo
Not this year Pnoony. Peyton will own your boys. Unless the refs hand the game to the Chargers again;)

Merriman beaten any women lately? :r

DBall
10-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Not this year Pnoony. Peyton will own your boys. Unless the refs hand the game to the Chargers again;)

Merriman beaten any women lately? :r

By 'women' do you mean the Bills?

Resipsa
10-03-2009, 04:46 PM
By 'women' do you mean the Bills?
You say Potatoe, I say Potahtoe, ......:D

OLS
10-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Potatopatotto, I say GO SAINTS GO. I hope like hell CBS has the double header this week, or I miss the Saints game for the lame-a$$ Titans, the world's best 0 and 3 team.

DBall
10-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Jets win, you send

NO wins, I send... deal?

jesus... I should just box up the sticks now. :rolleyes:

longknocker
10-04-2009, 03:31 PM
jesus... I should just box up the sticks now. :rolleyes:

Can I Get In On This, Too, Dan?:r 17-3 Saints Halftime!:banger

DBall
10-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Seiously, wtf is the dirty Sanchez thinking?

Vic, gimme your address.

longknocker
10-04-2009, 04:07 PM

Vic, gimme your address.
Jets are coming Back, Though!:(

Resipsa
10-04-2009, 04:21 PM

Vic, gimme your address.
Ain't over till the fat lady sings Dan, NO is trying to let them back in the game :banger

longknocker
10-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Ain't over till the fat lady sings Dan, NO is trying to let them back in the game :banger

Think We Have It, Now, Vic.!:)

Resipsa
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Think We Have It, Now, Vic.!:)

At this point yeah. Three horrible plays by sanchez in a row ending with the pick.

I think the Jets are learning that bottom
feeding for the first three weeks can make a team look a
lot better than they really are.

longknocker
10-04-2009, 05:08 PM
At this point yeah. Three horrible plays by sanchez in a row ending with the pick.

Enjoy Those Sticks, Vic!:) Sorry, Dan.:(

coastietech
10-04-2009, 05:14 PM

BS bro... We held a team that had broken records for their scoring in the first three games to 10 points offensively.

We gave them 14 points on offense. Sanchez showed that he is still a rookie this game.

We may have lost this game but we still looked like a good team. Our defense showed up and played solid! I never thought we were going to go undefeated. Regardless of this loss we still looked like a contender. Sanchez will get better and we will make the playoffs and we will be a team to beat.

Resipsa
10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
BS bro... We held a team that had broken records for their scoring in the first three games to 10 points offensively.

We gave them 14 points on offense. Sanchez showed that he is still a rookie this game.

We may have lost this game but we still looked like a good team. Our defense showed up and played solid! I never thought we were going to go undefeated. Regardless of this loss we still looked like a contender. Sanchez will get better and we will make the playoffs and we will be a team to beat.

You realize you are only encouraging me to taunt you. ;), but I shall refrain

DBall
10-05-2009, 06:56 AM
I'll admit... we showed more promise than previous years, but at more than a few points in the game, I really thought Sanchez was on acid.

Vic.. I need your addy.

Resipsa
10-05-2009, 07:40 AM
I'll admit... we showed more promise than previous years, but at more than a few points in the game, I really thought Sanchez was on acid.

Vic.. I need your addy.

Dan, this comment I can agree with, they do look better than the
past. Unfortunately for the board when I read over the top comments I have a tendency to go into taunt mode:(

Check out the NY Post this morning and the comments about how Sanchez has "proven" he can play in this league. Really? After 4 games, and failing to do anything impressive in any of them he's proven this?

DBall
10-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Dan, this comment I can agree with, they do look better than the
past. Unfortunately for the board when I read over the top comments I have a tendency to go into taunt mode:(

Check out the NY Post this morning and the comments about how Sanchez has "proven" he can play in this league. Really? After 4 games, and failing to do anything impressive in any of them he's proven this?

Taunt mode is fine by me... I'm a fan, but by no means a rabid one. I think the taunting and ****-talk is hilarious.

As for Sanchez, he's like a nice habano... young, a bit rough and confused. He needs to age a bit and to make smarter plays. That thing he did yesterday where he bowled himself into the knees of the other player was pretty shady. This isn't college ball, nor is it a streetfight... play with a modicum of class in respect to the league you're in.

I think he'll be good, but he does need to mature a bit.

RJK18
10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Now this J-E-T-S team looks more familiar.:bh I hope losing to the Bills gets this team humble and right sized.

coastietech
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Now this J-E-T-S team looks more familiar.:bh I hope losing to the Bills gets this team humble and right sized.

We'll get back on the right track. It's still early in the season. :tu

Blueface
10-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Depends on which Oakland team they face this week.
Will it be the one that played the Giants?
Will it be the one that played the Eagles?
We will have to sit back and wait to see.

I hope for Sanchez' sake, it is the one that played the Giants that shows up.
He is a talented kid whose confidence may take a dive if they don't get it together.

kelmac07
10-19-2009, 11:41 AM
B-I-l-l-S!!!

coastietech
10-19-2009, 12:15 PM
I hope for Sanchez' sake, it is the one that played the Giants that shows up.
He is a talented kid whose confidence may take a dive if they don't get it together.

I don't think so.. Like I said in another thread, remember Eli his first year? He was garbage. Everyone thought he was a bust and would never pan out. He's no Peyton but he gets the job done and he gets it done very well.

I was hoping, as were most Jet fans that Sanchez wouldn't have a "rookie" year and that he would show up and make the plays. The first 3 games he didn't look great but he looked good enough to get through his rookie year as a success and as the QB of a winning team. His "rookieness" is starting to show. I'm hoping he can get it together fast, but I have no doubts he will become a great qb whether it be sometime this year or next year. He will get past his rookie year and become a force to be reckoned with. He has the talent and the smarts, everything else will come with time and training.

Blueface
10-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Boy-I-love-loosing-Super Bowls!!!

:r:r:r

Resipsa
10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I don't think so.. Like I said in another thread, remember Eli his first year? He was garbage. Everyone thought he was a bust and would never pan out. He's no Peyton but he gets the job done and he gets it done very well.

I was hoping, as were most Jet fans that Sanchez wouldn't have a "rookie" year and that he would show up and make the plays. The first 3 games he didn't look great but he looked good enough to get through his rookie year as a success and as the QB of a winning team. His "rookieness" is starting to show. I'm hoping he can get it together fast, but I have no doubts he will become a great qb whether it be sometime this year or next year. He will get past his rookie year and become a force to be reckoned with. He has the talent and the smarts, everything else will come with time and training.The difference between Sanchez and Eli is Eli has a brother named Peyton to help him out. Whether Sanchez turns out to be the next great thing or the next Ryan Leaf is anybodys guess at this point, the guy played for 1 year as a starter in college and guys with much more impressive college resumes have gone on to fail stupendously in the Not For Long. I was actually a little surprised during the Miami game to hear one of the announcers say "he should have stayed in college"

Blueface
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
The difference between Sanchez and Eli is Eli has a brother named Peyton to help him out. Whether Sanchez turns out to be the next great thing or the next Ryan Leaf is anybodys guess at this point, the guy played for 1 year as a starter in college and guys with much more impressive college resumes have gone on to fail stupendously in the Not For Long. I was actually a little surprised during the Miami game to hear one of the announcers say "he should have stayed in college"

Yeah, Ryan Leaf came to mind but couldn't remember the name.
Amazing how his career went to crap - all in the head.
That is why I am concerned for Sanchez. Not all QB's can handle being thrown a the wolves in their first year, surviving and going on to greatness.
As an example of more recent history, post Leaf, of young QB's being thrown at the rough wolves is Brady Quinn.
Look at him now, benched for a lousy QB, Anderson.
Unfortunately, I think the chances are greater Sanchez can fail then they are he will survive. However, if he makes it, I truly think he will have made it, if that makes sense.

shilala
10-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Here's a couple comparisons to stoke the fire...
Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco.
Flacco came out and sat the world on fire, so did Ben.
A year later and Flacco looks unflappable in the pocket. Yesterday he drove Baltimore back to a win that didn't happen.
Ben gets better every year.
Sanchez froze his balls off yesterday. He's going to have to get used to it. The kid has never played a game in the snow in his life. He's never even seen a frozen football much less thrown one. It's no wonder he had the kind of day he did.
I think he's easily the same kind of quarterback as Ben and Flacco, and he's going to do very well. He might need to go play in Tampa Bay though. :D

Mind ya, I'm sticking up for the kid, and I love watching the Jets lose. :r

coastietech
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Here's a couple comparisons to stoke the fire...
Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco.
Flacco came out and sat the world on fire, so did Ben.
A year later and Flacco looks unflappable in the pocket. Yesterday he drove Baltimore back to a win that didn't happen.
Ben gets better every year.
Sanchez froze his balls off yesterday. He's going to have to get used to it. The kid has never played a game in the snow in his life. He's never even seen a frozen football much less thrown one. It's no wonder he had the kind of day he did.
I think he's easily the same kind of quarterback as Ben and Flacco, and he's going to do very well. He might need to go play in Tampa Bay though. :D

Mind ya, I'm sticking up for the kid, and I love watching the Jets lose. :r

Shilala keep it up I have your address... ;)

2000ARMY
10-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Hate to see players get hurt even on hated rivals. losing Jenkins is gonna hurt. Hope he has a speedy recovery and is back next year. 3 knee inj is alot for a 300+lb guy.

That said .... Dirty looked awful ... 5 picks? Buffalo? Ouch.

DBall
10-20-2009, 08:41 AM
That said .... Dirty looked awful ... 5 picks? Buffalo? Ouch.

was it only 5? felt like 10. :td

coastietech
11-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Anyone want to bet the Jets won't lose this week! :r :r

Blueface
11-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Anyone want to bet the Jets won't lose this week! :r :r

Wouldn't do that.
It is the Jets you know.
Bye week or not, they just may figure out a way to lose.:r

Bruins Fan
11-06-2009, 02:43 PM
The airplanes started their decent early this season, they don't usually crash until November.
I think fat Ryan needs to call someone?
Win the division they won't even make the playoffs.

Resipsa
11-06-2009, 06:02 PM
The airplanes started their decent early this season, they don't usually crash until November.
I think fat Ryan needs to call someone?
Win the division they won't even make the playoffs.He needs to shut his pie hole, because all he does is fire the other team up with all of his jibber jabber. :2

Mr T has a tip for Mr. Ryan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eisa5AZ20W0

coastietech
11-07-2009, 07:13 AM
We'll make the playoff and finish in 1st in our division. Our schedule gets easier while the Pats schedule gets harder.

We've beat some good teams already including the Pats and Houston and we are only a game and a half behind the Pats who have their toughest part of the season coming up.

Bruins Fan
11-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Look's like it's time to start a wait til next year thread :r

pnoon
11-15-2009, 03:25 PM

:r
JETS - Just End The Season

RJK18
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM

JETS - Just End The Season

:r this year, last year, next year? Really, whats the difference? No matter who the owner, who the GM, who the coach, who the qb,etc,etc. this team is a heartbreaker.
SAME OL' JETS

dunng
11-15-2009, 05:50 PM
:r :r :r :r

Resipsa
11-17-2009, 05:17 PM
:r :r

what do you have to laugh about, :r:r

Resipsa
11-17-2009, 05:18 PM
I actually almost feel sorry for the Jets this week.

Belichick is not going to be happy about losing to the Colts, and like most bullies, when they can't pick on the big kids, they pick on the little ones.......

DBall
11-17-2009, 06:14 PM
I actually almost feel sorry for the Jets this week.

Belichick is not going to be happy about losing to the Colts, and like most bullies, when they can't pick on the big kids, they pick on the little ones.......

Who knows... another couple stupid play calls by the Belly and we may leave this week with a "W"

Resipsa
11-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Who knows... another couple stupid play calls by the Belly and we may leave this week with a "W"
Just hope he doesn't go into Darth Hoodie mode.

Bruins Fan
11-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey fat Ryan, theirs no crying in the N F L :r

On Monday, Cryrannosaurus Rex broke down while telling his team it still had a pulse.

coastietech
11-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Well Sanchez is starting to look like a Ryan Leaf if I've ever seen one. And once again the Jets don't fail to disappoint. Never fails... :fu2 :bh:fu2 :bh

Bruins Fan
11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Well Sanchez is starting to look like a Ryan Leaf if I've ever seen one. And once again the Jets don't fail to disappoint. Never fails... :fu2 :bh:fu2 :bh

Sanchez will be ok in a couple years :r

2000ARMY
12-20-2009, 11:20 PM
lol

Blueface
12-21-2009, 08:33 AM
lol

As I always tell my brother in law, who is a die hard Jets fan:

Just
End
The
Season

DBall
12-21-2009, 08:53 AM
The good thing about being a Jets fan is that we never really expect to win, so we're happy when we do... :D

Resipsa
12-21-2009, 09:17 AM

As I always tell my brother in law, who is a die hard Jets fan:

Just
End
The
Season

The good thing about being a Jets fan is that we never really expect to win, so we're happy when we do... :D
True guys, but if I were a Patsies fan I sure as hell wouldn't be doing any laughing, :r

The long Patsie slide into obscurity has begun.....next year I predict an 8-8 campaign for them, ;)

coastietech
12-21-2009, 10:16 AM

:tpd:

It's unfortunate...

Like I say at the end of every year... "Just wait till next year, we are rebuilding this year" :r :r

2000ARMY
12-22-2009, 04:42 AM
True guys, but if I were a Patsies fan I sure as hell wouldn't be doing any laughing, :r

The long Patsie slide into obscurity has begun.....next year I predict an 8-8 campaign for them, ;)

Really? 8-8? With basically our whole team back?

Bruins Fan
12-22-2009, 05:00 AM
I saw fat Ryan on Sports Center throwing in the towel.
If I was Woodie I would have fired him on the spot.
They are 7 and 7 and sill have games to play anything can happen? The Fat one says he has the best this, and the best that players, he even called
Sanchez, Franchez.
What a load :r

coastietech
12-22-2009, 06:09 AM
I saw fat Ryan on Sports Center throwing in the towel.
If I was Woodie I would have fired him on the spot.
They are 7 and 7 and sill have games to play anything can happen? The Fat one says he has the best this, and the best that players, he even called
Sanchez, Franchez.
What a load :r

He's right... Ryan is right. We have the best run game in the NFL, we have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Our only weakness is Sanchez. If we had a veteran QB in the pocket this season we wouldn't have been chasing a playoff spot we would have one. If you deny that then you either don't watch the Jets play or your lying to yourself.

Sanchez will get better but he sunk us this year, I understand that's the bittersweet effect of picking up a rookie.

But if you really think about it... Really look at the team you'll see we are a complete team and if we had an experienced QB at the helm would have been one of the top contenders in the league. We are 7-7 with a rookie QB and a rookie coach. Call me naive but I think our chances will be much much better next year. We have a young defense that will only get better, we have 3 great running backs, Braylon will get a better relationship with Sanchez as will Cotchery. Our frontline is young and yet still one of the best. Our special teams are ranked top 5 every year. We have very few holes in our team, unfortunately the hole we do have is in the most important role in football, the QB, but that will come with Sanchez getting experience and learning.

As for the Pats you are nowhere near the team you were in years past. You made it into the playoffs purely because right now the AFC East is weak. The Bills suck, we have a rookie QB and a rookie coach, and the Dolphins took a while to find their rhythm and start playing good football with Henne. I personally think losing Ronnie was the best thing to happen to them. That wildcat bs was costing them games.

I agree with Resipsa, you guys will be lucky to go 8-8 next year. The division will be much harder next year. The Dolphins finally have a QB that they can count on, Ronnie Brown will be back and you can be sure they are going to pick up a couple of recievers that can catch. Sanchez will come back better than he was this year, and Ryan will fill the few holes we have. The Bills will still suck.

Moss is getting tired of the team and will continue to decline. If you let him go or bench him you will lose the value of Welker, he is not a #1 reciever and never will be. He is as good as he is in the slot because of the threat of a pass to Moss. Without that threat other teams will key on him and effectively shut him down. Your running game is weak and your defense is getting older by the minute.

Your primetime days are over and your will now slide into mediocrity. :tu

DBall
12-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Our special teams are ranked top 5 every year.

Hold on... Feely sucks ass. He had a HUGE part in losing that game on Sunday.

Bruins Fan
12-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Pass the Kool Aid please :r

coastietech
12-22-2009, 07:10 AM

Feely had a bad game, it happens. As a whole Feely is one of the best kickers in the league. He is reliable and has a great leg. Schottenheimers (sp) special teams are notorious for being among the best in the league. The Jets special teams has always been top 5 since he has been the special teams coach.

coastietech
12-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Pass the Kool Aid please :r

Call it Kool-aid... If you can find a flaw with my logic above please point it out. :tu:rolleyes:

Blueface
12-22-2009, 07:14 AM

Dan,
Feely missed one.
The first attempt was botched by the team.
The second is the one that he missed.
The third was blocked.

Don Fernando
12-22-2009, 07:16 AM
http://sportscracklepop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/jest.jpg

DBall
12-22-2009, 07:18 AM
True... Maybe i'm being too hard on him. However, that one FG would've possibly changed the game...

Bruins Fan
12-22-2009, 07:40 AM
I'm just busting on you Joe, you got to have passion for your team.
Their are a few Jets I would love to see wearing the flying Elvis :D

2000ARMY
12-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I agree with Resipsa, you guys will be lucky to go 8-8 next year. The division will be much harder next year. The Dolphins finally have a QB that they can count on, Ronnie Brown will be back and you can be sure they are going to pick up a couple of recievers that can catch. Sanchez will come back better than he was this year, and Ryan will fill the few holes we have. The Bills will still suck.

Moss is getting tired of the team and will continue to decline. If you let him go or bench him you will lose the value of Welker, he is not a #1 reciever and never will be. He is as good as he is in the slot because of the threat of a pass to Moss. Without that threat other teams will key on him and effectively shut him down. Your running game is weak and your defense is getting older by the minute.

Your primetime days are over and your will now slide into mediocrity. :tu

Well .... Thank You .... after reading all of your predictions this year I am happy you said this.

Resipsa
12-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Really? 8-8? With basically our whole team back?

Yes, really. Your whole team being back is part of the problem. The Pats have drafted very poorly for several years now, and it's starting to come home to roost.

DBall
12-27-2009, 09:16 PM
DUDES!!! Did you guys see that?!

:banger

2000ARMY
12-27-2009, 09:42 PM

:banger

Yes u guys did a mediocre job against a JV team. Good Job!

Resipsa
12-27-2009, 10:01 PM

:bangerWhat? The Jets being outplayed until they faced the scrubs.?

Yes, we saw how bad the Jets are, :r

DBall
12-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Yes u guys did a mediocre job against a JV team. Good Job!

Oh yeah.. cuz JV teams remain undefeated for 14 straight games...:rolleyes:

srduggins
12-28-2009, 09:24 AM
You must not have seen that, or else you don't understand that Peyton Manning IS the Colts. Without him, they are just a JV team.

DBall
12-28-2009, 09:40 AM
You must not have seen that, or else you don't understand that Peyton Manning IS the Colts. Without him, they are just a JV team.

C'mon... seriously? Payton is prolly the strongest member on the team, but it takes more than one guy to stay undefeated for the lion's share of the season. It's not like the Jets are a great team (as this season shows), but they actually showed up yesterday... can't write the whole game off as luck or Missing Manning Syndrome.

Blueface
12-29-2009, 07:10 AM
C'mon... seriously? Payton is prolly the strongest member on the team, but it takes more than one guy to stay undefeated for the lion's share of the season. It's not like the Jets are a great team (as this season shows), but they actually showed up yesterday... can't write the whole game off as luck or Missing Manning Syndrome.

Dan,
While the Jets with Jarvis have a very, very good defense and could have likely prevailed regardless (depending on which Jets offense showed up), the fact remains Manning IS the Colts. That game proved it. I don't think the Jets would have had that defensive touchdown had Manning been in the pocket. That play made that game for the Jets. So in that regard, Manning was in fact the major key to NOT losing that game.

Resipsa
12-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Dan,
While the Jets with Jarvis have a very, very good defense and could have likely prevailed regardless (depending on which Jets offense showed up), the fact remains Manning IS the Colts. That game proved it. I don't think the Jets would have had that defensive touchdown had Manning been in the pocket. That play made that game for the Jets. So in that regard, Manning was in fact the major key to NOT losing that game.They just didn't pull Manning Carlos, they pulled everybody. Addai, (who barely played at all), Wayne, Freeney, Collie, Clark, basically the entire starting units on both sides of the ball. Up until they pulled everybody the Colts had 320 yards of offense, that was midway thru the third. That equates to 500 or more yards for a complete game. I don't know if you watched or not, but the Colts had very little trouble with the "vaunted" Jets defense, and that was with barely playing Addai, Garcon didn't play at all.

On offense the Jets did nothing until the Colts second string defense was in. For example, 32 yards of rushing from the "great" Jets rushing game in the first half, and I think they had a total of 100 yards of offense at the break. Once the scrubs went in they finished with more than 200 rushing yards.

That's what peeves me off so much about the game, they pulled EVERYBODY and let the entire second unit play on both sides of the ball. They just handed the Jets the game. This was a typical game where the closeness of the score when the starters were pulled doesn't really reflect the reality of the game.

elderboy02
12-29-2009, 07:55 AM
I wonder if the Bengals will play their starters..... :hm

Blueface
12-29-2009, 08:16 AM
They just didn't pull Manning Carlos, they pulled everybody. Addai, (who barely played at all), Wayne, Freeney, Collie, Clark, basically the entire starting units on both sides of the ball. Up until they pulled everybody the Colts had 320 yards of offense, that was midway thru the third. That equates to 500 or more yards for a complete game. I don't know if you watched or not, but the Colts had very little trouble with the "vaunted" Jets defense, and that was with barely playing Addai, Garcon didn't play at all.

On offense the Jets did nothing until the Colts second string defense was in. For example, 32 yards of rushing from the "great" Jets rushing game in the first half, and I think they had a total of 100 yards of offense at the break. Once the scrubs went in they finished with more than 200 rushing yards.

That's what peeves me off so much about the game, they pulled EVERYBODY and let the entire second unit play on both sides of the ball. They just handed the Jets the game. This was a typical game where the closeness of the score when the starters were pulled doesn't really reflect the reality of the game.

Vic,
All I know is I would be very pissed as a Colts fan.
I was pissed and am not one.
They truly had a chance at history.
Unlike the Patriots, I think most of America would have been rooting for them to go all the way.

coastietech
12-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Gotta agree with the majority here... I am a Jets fan to the core but I know we wouldn't have won if they hadn't pulled starters.

With that said I don't give a F&%^BECAUSE IF WE WIN NEXT WEEK WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Suck that Miami fans!! Suck that Giants fans!!!

WE WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS WITH A ROOKIE COACH AND A ROOKIE QB!!

Not to shabby if I do say so myself. ;) :tu

Resipsa
12-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Gotta agree with the majority here... I am a Jets fan to the core but I know we wouldn't have won if they hadn't pulled starters.

With that said I don't give a F&%^BECAUSE IF WE WIN NEXT WEEK WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Not to shabby if I do say so myself. ;) :tuSeriously Joe, and what will getting into the playoffs get the Jets? For some teams, once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. That doesn't apply to teams like the Jets who are so much worse than the contending SB teams, the Jets have zero shot to win anything.

So again, what does sneaking into the playoffs get them. A lower draft pick and a tougher schedule next year, ;)

Blueface
12-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Seriously Joe, and what will getting into the playoffs get the Jets? For some teams, once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. That doesn't apply to teams like the Jets who are so much worse than the contending SB teams, the Jets have zero shot to win anything.

So again, what does sneaking into the playoffs get them. A lower draft pick and a tougher schedule next year, ;)

Vic,
So true.
While I understand what you mean, die hard Jets fans such as my brother in law just don't get it.
Putting ourselves in their shoes, since 1969, all the Jets have managed to do is relatively very, very rarely make it into the playoffs.
Now, given that, one can understand the sheer joy of at least getting there only to quickly fizzle away and say "next year".
I think I see what I have been missing now.:r

Blueface
12-29-2009, 09:59 AM

Not to shabby if I do say so myself. ;) :tu

Come on Joe.
How long have you been a Jets fan?
How can you possibly make these statements with that big IF in the way?:r

coastietech
12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Seriously Joe, and what will getting into the playoffs get the Jets? For some teams, once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. That doesn't apply to teams like the Jets who are so much worse than the contending SB teams, the Jets have zero shot to win anything.

You say we have zero shot... you keep forgetting we have the best defense and best running game in the league. We can and have beat good teams this year.

Indy supposedly has a chance every year and every year they are out in the first round or soon after.

We have just as much of a shot as the Pats, the Bengals, Denver...

We may not go anywhere, but the fact that we got into the playoffs with a rookie coach and a rookie QB tells me that the coming years will be much better for us when both of them have that much more experience and poise.

It tells me that we will be a contender as soon as next year.

So laugh it up, yup we snuck in, we shouldn't be in the playoffs. We have a history of beating the better teams in the playoffs... ie Indy, San Deigo...

Like I said before the Jets only have one hole... QB.

Our defense is top 5, our run game is top 5, our special teams is top 5, our O-line is top 5. We have THE best corner in the league. The only reason we are gonna finish 9-7 this year is because we have a rookie QB and he's making rookie mistakes. You can't win if your QB is turning the ball over 4-5x a game. So say what you want but we will be a force to reckon with in the playoffs and next year.:tu

DBall
12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Vic,
All I know is I would be very pissed as a Colts fan.
I was pissed and am not one.
They truly had a chance at history.
Unlike the Patriots, I think most of America would have been rooting for them to go all the way.

I agree with what you say above, Carlos... I'd be super-pissed if I were a colts fan and people would root for a team that had the record and not the scandal (not that I cared much about that Pats "scandal"... I really wanted to see them win so I could experience a fully undefeated team in my lifetime).

coastietech
12-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Come on Joe.
How long have you been a Jets fan?
How can you possibly make these statements with that big IF in the way?:r

Because we can and have played better teams than the Bengals and won... and because I'm a fan. :r

No matter how many times I've been disappointed before I know next time will be different. I have battered wife syndrome. :(

Resipsa
12-29-2009, 10:21 AM
You say we have zero shot... you keep forgetting we have the best defense and best running game in the league. We can and have beat good teams this year.

Indy supposedly has a chance every year and every year they are out in the first round or soon after.

We have just as much of a shot as the Pats, the Bengals, Denver...

We may not go anywhere, but the fact that we got into the playoffs with a rookie coach and a rookie QB tells me that the coming years will be much better for us when both of them have that much more experience and poise.

It tells me that we will be a contender as soon as next year.

So laugh it up, yup we snuck in, we shouldn't be in the playoffs. We have a history of beating the better teams in the playoffs... ie Indy, San Deigo...

Like I said before the Jets only have one hole... QB.

Our defense is top 5, our run game is top 5, our special teams is top 5, our O-line is top 5. We have THE best corner in the league. The only reason we are gonna finish 9-7 this year is because we have a rookie QB and he's making rookie mistakes. You can't win if your QB is turning the ball over 4-5x a game. So say what you want but we will be a force to reckon with in the playoffs and next year.:tuYour best defense and and run game looked pretty bad against the Colts starters.

Tell you what. The way things are shaping up, the Jets get in, they'll play the Bengals in the first round. IF they beat them, they'll go to Indy for a rematch.

Let's make a bet as to who wins the rematch. Cigars at ten paces............

Blueface
12-29-2009, 10:34 AM
No matter how many times I've been disappointed before I know next time will be different. I have battered wife syndrome. :(

shilala
12-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Troy Polamalu.
/argument. ;)
Yes, Dan. One guy does a team make in lots of instances.
It's parity. Salary cap. It waters down the league and makes an even playing field.
It takes a lot of brains and a lot of luck to win on that field nowadays.
"Any Given Sunday" is alive and well.
In a sense, I love it. But I SO miss Kurt Warner's Rams and Joe Montana's 9er's and Terry Bradshaw's Steelers and John Riggin's Redskins (or Joe Theismann's, if you wanna argue).
Those clubs were so deep and so deadly.
Now, you sit Peyton down or Troy blows a knee and it's a struggle for a club. The Steelers are INCREDIBLY deep. The talent on that club is amazing. All a team has to do is come to town and exploit a lackluster secondary and an offensive coordinator who is too stupid to use his running game, and there ya have it.
Everybody really has to be on the same page all the time for a long season, and that's tough.

If there's two amazing stories in the NFL this year, it's Kurt Warner and Kurt Warner. There's the epitome of a one man show, if we take Peyton's club out of the mix.

DBall
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
The Jets are killing right now... their D is unstoppable!

coastietech
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!!!!

If we can play like this next week I have no doubts we'll make it to the next round... Our defense has been playing lights out and our run game is unstoppable!

Blueface
01-04-2010, 06:08 AM
Great win indeed.
Big "if" they play this way next week.
Let's see if they can do it twice in a row.

elderboy02
01-04-2010, 07:41 AM
PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!!!!

If we can play like this next week I have no doubts we'll make it to the next round... Our defense has been playing lights out and our run game is unstoppable!

That is a big IF. Remember, that Cedric Benson, and Domata Peko sat yesterday. I like the Bengals chances, however if NY comes out of the gates and scores quickly, we may be in trouble. Everyone knows the Jets can't pass, so if they score and can then run the ball all day, we might be in for a long day.

Blueface
01-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Everyone knows the Jets can't pass, so if they score and can then run the ball all day, we might be in for a long day.

I don't know, that was a nice short pass to Cotchery for a TD yesterday.

coastietech
01-04-2010, 08:20 AM
That is a big IF. Remember, that Cedric Benson, and Domata Peko sat yesterday. I like the Bengals chances, however if NY comes out of the gates and scores quickly, we may be in trouble. Everyone knows the Jets can't pass, so if they score and can then run the ball all day, we might be in for a long day.

Cedric Benson won't make that much of a difference against the Jets defense. They have been playing lights out defense for the last 5 weeks. Ochocinco is a non-issue when Revis covers him.

Your defense can't stop our run game as witnessed yesterday and you say we can't pass yet you forget that Sanchez has racked up ~2500 passing yards this season.

The Bengals played to win yesterday and came up very short. I have a hard time believing that had Cedric Benson and Domata Peko played it wouldn't have been 30-0 at the end of the first. Call me crazy.

I have an eerie feeling that Sanchez will play better under the pressure of a playoff game. I honestly don't know why I feel that way, maybe because I've noticed he plays better when he's up against a defense that flushes him out of the pocket and makes him scramble.

Call me a homer if you want but I think our chances are better than New England, better than Baltimore, definitely better than Cinci....

Like I've said before even if we are 1 and done, its a sign of good things to come.

Blueface
01-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Cedric Benson won't make that much of a difference against the Jets defense. They have been playing lights out defense for the last 5 weeks. Ochocinco is a non-issue when Revis covers him.

Your defense can't stop our run game as witnessed yesterday and you say we can't pass yet you forget that Sanchez has racked up ~2500 passing yards this season.

The Bengals played to win yesterday and came up very short. I have a hard time believing that had Cedric Benson and Domata Peko played it wouldn't have been 30-0 at the end of the first. Call me crazy.

I have an eerie feeling that Sanchez will play better under the pressure of a playoff game. I honestly don't know why I feel that way, maybe because I've noticed he plays better when he's up against a defense that flushes him out of the pocket and makes him scramble.

Call me a homer if you want but I think our chances are better than New England, better than Baltimore, definitely better than Cinci....

Like I've said before even if we are 1 and done, its a sign of good things to come.

Joe,
While a Giants fan that doesn't dislike the Jets, in fact, I feel bad for them, that comment of "even if we are 1 and done, its a sign of good things to come" has been said since 1969 by many Jets fans.
I honestly don't see the Jets, constantly being somewhere in the .500 ballpark, putting a solid team together the following year.
I honestly think they will be what they are, what they have been, for a long while to come.
My brother in law is like a brother to me. He is probably the most dedicated Jets fan I know. While I would like to see them win to reward his long term dedication to them, even he realizes what I have just said is true.
However, as a fan, don't blame you for being optimistic. Just keep optimistic in check with realistic.:)
One very good thing going for them is their defense. If they can play the way they did this weekend, consistently, well, we all know, a great defense will always beat a great offense.

shilala
01-04-2010, 08:54 AM

Just when you start sounding sensible, you say something like "the Bengals played to win yesterday." :r
The fruck did you hit your head on? :r :r :r

Like I said way back at the beginning of this thread, Sanchez is gonna be great. The Jets won't hold on to him, because they don't have the sense.
I expect they'll keep him two more years and he's gone. He'll take up anywhere else, blossom, and put up incredible numbers.
He's my favorite new talent in the league, and I really thought he'd settle down this year, but he killed me in fantasy football.
With Cotchery available, the Jets have a shot.
They're one injury away from losing real bad, so hold your breath, Joe.
I think they have a good chance of getting past Baltimore, but I just lost a bet that Baltimore would flush this season, and they beat my Steelers into the playoffs.
Bruce Arians be damned. ;)

coastietech
01-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Joe,
While a Giants fan that doesn't dislike the Jets, in fact, I feel bad for them, that comment of "even if we are 1 and done, its a sign of good things to come" has been said since 1969 by many Jets fans.
I honestly don't see the Jets, constantly being somewhere in the .500 ballpark, putting a solid team together the following year.
I honestly think they will be what they are, what they have been, for a long while to come.
My brother in law is like a brother to me. He is probably the most dedicated Jets fan I know. While I would like to see them win to reward his long term dedication to them, even he realizes what I have just said is true.
However, as a fan, don't blame you for being optimistic. Just keep optimistic in check with realistic.:)
One very good thing going for them is their defense. If they can play the way they did this weekend, consistently, well, we all know, a great defense will always beat a great offense.

Typically I would disagree, this time I don't... Like I've said before the only hole we have on the team is at QB and Sanchez will get better and fill that hole.

As I've said before we have one of the best defenses, one of the best O-lines and D-lines, the best run game in the league, and a top 5 special teams...

We have consistenly made great choices in the draft and will finally be able to capitalize on that.

If you disagree with anything I've written above tell me why?

pnoon
01-04-2010, 09:45 AM
As I've said before we have one of the best defenses, one of the best O-lines and D-lines, the best run game in the league, and a top 5 special teams...

With that statement, I guess you blame 7 losses on Sanchez?

(Just playing Devil's Advocate here)

Blueface
01-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Typically I would disagree, this time I don't... Like I've said before the only hole we have on the team is at QB and Sanchez will get better and fill that hole.

We have consistenly made great choices in the draft and will finally be able to capitalize on that.

If you disagree with anything I've written above tell me why?

I think on the positive side, no doubt Sanchez will blossom. He has exhibited amazing potential for a rookie, in spite of the bad games leading to 20+ interceptions.
No doubt the defense they have put together is stellar.
No doubt I think they finally have a very good head coach.

Here lies the problem with the Jets as I see it.
Somehow, regardless of all of the above, they find a way to mismanage the team.
It just seems that some organizations never get it together.
Somehow, it seems the Jets are in that rut.
Hopefully the future changes for them and hopefully, if they stay with the same team but build on it and stay healthy, you may in fact see them go beyond struggling to make the playoffs or first round. I think with their defense they have recently displayed, they can in fact win it all. However, that defense needs to show up week after week.
I recall the Giants of '86 as an example. They had an arguably mediocre offense but a consistently stellar defense, week after week.

coastietech
01-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Just when you start sounding sensible, you say something like "the Bengals played to win yesterday."
The fruck did you hit your head on? :r :r :r

Straight from Marvin Lewis' mouth... "I didn't want to lose the football game," Lewis said. "How we lost it, I don't think that really matters. We didn't want to lose the football game. We had something to play for tonight and we didn't get it done. Now we are where we are. Our goals are ahead of us."

The only starter they didn't play that would have had some what of an effect was Benson. They played starters till the second half and we still scored 27 points on them and shut them out.
Like I said way back at the beginning of this thread, Sanchez is gonna be great. The Jets won't hold on to him, because they don't have the sense.
I expect they'll keep him two more years and he's gone. He'll take up anywhere else, blossom, and put up incredible numbers.
He's my favorite new talent in the league, and I really thought he'd settle down this year, but he killed me in fantasy football.
With Cotchery available, the Jets have a shot.
They're one injury away from losing real bad, so hold your breath, Joe.
I think they have a good chance of getting past Baltimore, but I just lost a bet that Baltimore would flush this season, and they beat my Steelers into the playoffs.
Bruce Arians be damned. ;)

Sanchez won't go anywhere... The Jets have staked there claim on him being as good as they think he will be.

And not for anything but any team is one injury away from losing real bad... You don't think losing Welker took away any chance the Pats have? Seriously?

How about Peyton? You don't think if he gets hurt that Indy's chances are done?

Anytime is one serious injury from losing.

I find it funny that will all the talent the Jets have and all the Pro Bowlers that we have on our team everyone still counts us out of everything. We haven't had a team this good in years. Count us out, I'm used to the Jets being the underdogs. However I think some people are gonna be awfully surprised now and in the future. ;)

coastietech
01-04-2010, 09:57 AM
With that statement, I guess you blame 7 losses on Sanchez?

(Just playing Devil's Advocate here)

Well the Jets are something like 1-6 when we lose the turnover game. ;)

jwintosh
01-04-2010, 09:58 AM
i say, bring 'em on!!

elderboy02
01-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Congrats Jets fans. Your team played a great game.

shvictor
01-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Congrats to you guys

ScottieM
01-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Congrats from a Buffalo Bills Fan!

e-man67
01-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Congrats on a well deserved win! :tu

coastietech
01-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Bring on Indy/San Deigo!!!

Blueface
01-10-2010, 08:47 AM
They rose to the challenge.
Congrats!

coastietech
01-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Off to San Diego!!!

Would much rather play San Diego than Peyton and the Colts, I'm not gonna lie.

I think it will be a great match-up and will finally showcase how good our team is if we can go there and win.

I think the weather will help Sanchez play better than he did this week, although it takes away our cold weather advantage. I think we will stick with the same game plan, run, run, run, and lights out defense.

Resipsa
01-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Off to San Diego!!!

Would much rather play San Diego than Peyton and the Colts, I'm not gonna lie.

I think it will be a great match-up and will finally showcase how good our team is if we can go there and win.

I think the weather will help Sanchez play better than he did this week, although it takes away our cold weather advantage. I think we will stick with the same game plan, run, run, run, and lights out defense.
I was hoping to see the Jets next weekend. too bad.

pnoon
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I was hoping to see the Jets next weekend. too bad.

I'll bet you're bummed, Vic.
Now Peyton & Co. will have to figure out how to beat the Chargers. :)

coastietech
01-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Now Peyton & Co. will have to figure out how to beat the Chargers. :)
Your gonna have to make you way through us first. If you think its gonna be an easy game your crazy. Your defense is nowhere near as good as the Bengals defense was supposed to be, so we'll run all over the Bolts. Our defense has stood up to much better offenses, including the Saints, and kept them to under 14 points, so I don't see this game being the run away that San Diego fans think its gonna be.

Your odds of winning this game would have been much better if you were hosting the Pats...

Resipsa
01-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Now Peyton & Co. will have to figure out how to beat the Chargers. :)We shall see Peter. My thoughts re: the Jets and Sancheese haven't changed, question right is how the Colts will play against the Ravens.

pnoon
01-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Your gonna have to make you way through us first. If you think its gonna be an easy game your crazy. Your defense is nowhere near as good as the Bengals defense was supposed to be, so we'll run all over the Bolts. Our defense has stood up to much better offenses, including the Saints, and kept them to under 14 points, so I don't see this game being the run away that San Diego fans think its gonna be.

Your odds of winning this game would have been much better if you were hosting the Pats...

You are obviously a devout fan, Joe. But, according to you, the playoffs and Super Bowl really don't need to be played because the Jets are head and shoulders above everybody else in the league.
Your gonna have to make you way through us first.
Last time I checked, the Chargers are at home with a record of 13-3. I could say the same to you. The Jets have to make their way thru San Diego.
If you think its gonna be an easy game your crazy.
While I may be crazy, I certainly don't think any NFL playoff game is "easy".
Your defense is nowhere near as good as the Bengals defense was supposed to be, so we'll run all over the Bolts.
First of all, it is not my defense. However, do not under estimate the Chargers defense. And c'mon, the Bengals D was supposed to be good. To that I say :r
Our defense has stood up to much better offenses, including the Saints, and kept them to under 14 points, so I don't see this game being the run away that San Diego fans think its gonna be.

This San Diego fan doesn't think it will be a runaway.

Do you have numbers to back that claim? I'm just asking.

Bottom line is that it should be a helluva game.

Vigiles
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I was surprised to see the jets win that game actually. I think the bengals were overrated all season, but still. Before that game I wouldn't have given the Jets a chance to beat the Chargers, but now I think its going to be a very good game!

On another note, the NFC is looking STRONG! Should be interesting to see how things shake out.

icehog3
01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Bookmarking this thread with a post for my Bwahahahahahaha post next weekend.

Whee
01-10-2010, 09:15 PM
This is going to be painful.:r

Blueface
01-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Bookmarking this thread with a post for my Bwahahahahahaha post next weekend.

coastietech
01-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the game plays out...

I think the Jets will have a very good chance at beating the Bolts... The only 2 teams that San Deigo has played that plays smashmouth defense like we do, the Steelers and the Ravens, beat them.

The Jets will be pitting their #1 running game against San Deigo's #20 running defense...

I think this game will come down to clock management and defense. The Jets defense has played well against other great passing games throughout the season, think Drew Breese, Brady, and Peyton, so I don't forsee them getting murdered during this game. With that said if this becomes a shootout, the Jets will lose. If the Jets can control the tempo of the game and keep the Bolts defense on the field for long drives and keep the Bolts offense going 3 and out they will be able to stay in it.

I don't foresee Jackson being that much of a threat, and I'm more worried about Gates being used against the Jets like a Wes Welker type player. I foresee Rivers trying to hit him in the middle of the field on crosses and such.

I'm not worried about the Bolts run game and don't think it will be much of a threat since it hasn't been all year. I'm worried about how our defense will adjust to this game. I think if they leave Revis on Jackson and box Gates they will be okay. I don't see rushing Rivers and a winning tactic since he plays very well under pressure and can pick apart secondaries when your rushing 7 men.

I'm hoping Sanchez can have another game like he did last week and I think he'll have a better chance getting people open in the backfield with the Bolts stacking 8 and 9 in the box. I think the o-line will have it's biggest challenge cover players coming in from the outside and will definitely show whether Sanchez is poised in the pocket or still playing like a rookie.

Overall I think this will be a great match-up. I think this game will come down to the wire. In my opinion clock management, field position, penalties, and simple mistakes will decide this game more than raw talent.

Can't wait for Sun!!!

Blueface
01-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Joe,
I hope like heck the Jets win or the thrashing you will get will be one for the ages.:r
I think they are already lining up to get first dibs.:r
Just like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_GJkKMPHxw

Resipsa
01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the game plays out...

I think the Jets will have a very good chance at beating the Bolts... The only 2 teams that San Deigo has played that plays smashmouth defense like we do, the Steelers and the Ravens, beat them.

The Jets will be pitting their #1 running game against San Deigo's #20 running defense...

I think this game will come down to clock management and defense. The Jets defense has played well against other great passing games throughout the season, think Drew Breese, Brady, and Peyton, so I don't forsee them getting murdered during this game. With that said if this becomes a shootout, the Jets will lose. If the Jets can control the tempo of the game and keep the Bolts defense on the field for long drives and keep the Bolts offense going 3 and out they will be able to stay in it.

I don't foresee Jackson being that much of a threat, and I'm more worried about Gates being used against the Jets like a Wes Welker type player. I foresee Rivers trying to hit him in the middle of the field on crosses and such.

I'm not worried about the Bolts run game and don't think it will be much of a threat since it hasn't been all year. I'm worried about how our defense will adjust to this game. I think if they leave Revis on Jackson and box Gates they will be okay. I don't see rushing Rivers and a winning tactic since he plays very well under pressure and can pick apart secondaries when your rushing 7 men.

I'm hoping Sanchez can have another game like he did last week and I think he'll have a better chance getting people open in the backfield with the Bolts stacking 8 and 9 in the box. I think the o-line will have it's biggest challenge cover players coming in from the outside and will definitely show whether Sanchez is poised in the pocket or still playing like a rookie.

Overall I think this will be a great match-up. I think this game will come down to the wire. In my opinion clock management, field position, penalties, and simple mistakes will decide this game more than raw talent.

Can't wait for Sun!!!I'm curious since you appear to live in Florida, have you actually seen any of the Jets football games other than this past playoff game? Or is your analysis based on newspaper and other media reports?

Cause trust me, I have and "smashmouth" they ain't , :r

Blueface
01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm curious since you appear to live in Florida, have you actually seen any of the Jets football games other than this past playoff game? Or is your analysis based on newspaper and other media reports?

Cause trust me, I have and "smashmouth" they ain't , :r

Come on Vic.
Keep it in perspective here.
Joe is talking about the Jets.
Poor guy has not had this joy of seeing a playoff win in God only can remember how long.
He gets excited.
Loses concept of what is.
Hence this "invincible" theory.:r

Joe,
Just having fun at your expense.
I am off the Cowboys thread now to see if I can piss them off too.:r

icehog3
01-11-2010, 02:54 PM
It ain't over 'til the Fat Lady Bwahahahahahahas. ;)

coastietech
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Funny how all the people who's teams are already home and watching from the sidelines come into this one and others to talk smack... :r

Must be easy to talk sh!t when your team can't lose because they already home. :r

Whee
01-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Funny how all the people who's teams are already home and watching from the sidelines come into this one and others to talk smack... :r

Must be easy to talk sh!t when your team can't lose because they already home. :r

Now I wouldn;t say that. Vic is a proud member of the Horseshoe Mafia, as am I, and had we not laid down, you wouldn't be having this conversation at all.

Not everybody's team at home, is done for the season.

Just sayin....

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/IllinoisHoosier/smilies/insert_evil_laugh_here.gif

Blueface
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM

Joe,
Thing is, in the end, all except one team will be standing.
Lots will join us at home.
May even likely include the Jets.

The Poet
01-11-2010, 03:53 PM
As I have said before, the Jets are my neighbors and so I cannot wish them ill. But I still won't be convinced they are not just teasing their fans until they win again and make it to the AFC Final. If they can beat the Chargers in Sandyeggo, then I'll give them more props.

Hey, who knows? They could pull off the same miracle the Giants did a few years back!

Blueface
01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
As I have said before, the Jets are my neighbors and so I cannot wish them ill. But I still won't be convinced they are not just teasing their fans until they win again and make it to the AFC Final. If they can beat the Chargers in Sandyeggo, then I'll give them more props.

Hey, who knows? They could pull off the same miracle the Giants did a few years back!

I agree totally with the first part. I would truly love to see them in the Super Bowl once again. As you say, they have one heck of a tough history to shake.

However, as a Giants fan, I don't agree with the second part as far as a miracle. The Giants played very well that year and almost defeated NE in their regular season game. Anyone that took them lightly was obviously mistaken as history now tells.

The Poet
01-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Sorry, my brother, but that David Tyree catch alone made it a miracle in my eyes. :r

Blueface
01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Sorry, my brother, but that David Tyree catch alone made it a miracle in my eyes. :r

OK, hard to argue with that.:r

icehog3
01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Since the Bears didn't make the playoffs, I have to have someone to Bwahahahahahaha at.

Resipsa
01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Has anyone (anyone besides me in my own sick, twisted mind) noticed that the nickname for the Jets (Gang Green) is a homonym for dead, putrid, rotting, stinking human flesh? (Gangrene)

These are the thoughts that keep me up at night, :r

Blueface
01-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Joe,
Where are you?
Are you ready?

pnoon
01-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Joe,
Where are you?
Are you ready?

I know I'm ready.

Blueface
01-17-2010, 02:13 PM
I know I'm ready.

Peter,
If it wasn't that I feel so sorry for the Jets, I would ride Joe some.
Just can't build up the heart.:r

Montano
01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Let's go Bolts !

Gotta root for the Cali team :)

Blueface
01-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Joe, where are you?
I am becoming a believer!

Whee
01-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Holy Crap!

Starscream
01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Holy Crap!

This makes the Colts path to the Superbowl so much easier.:tu

coastietech
01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
What now b!tches!!!

We won!!! I can't believe we won!!!!

We are one game away from the super bowl!!!! Whoo hoo!!!

pnoon
01-17-2010, 06:01 PM
What now b!tches!!!

We won!!! I can't believe we won!!!!

We are one game away from the super bowl!!!! Whoo hoo!!!

Congrats to the Jets, Joe.
But SD beat themselves with stupid play.
Chargers shot themselves in the foot with a lot of STUPID penalties. Head butts, kicking the challenge flag, false starts, delay of game. What a bunch of knuckleheads.

And 3 missed FGs from Kaeding.

coastietech
01-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Peter seriously it was a great game and had me shaking till the end...

I'm gonna send your kicker flowers:r

kelmac07
01-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Congrats Joe!! Tough one next week...beating the Colts in Indy and this time WITH Manning playing.

pnoon
01-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Peter seriously it was a great game and had me shaking till the end...

I'm gonna send your kicker flowers:r

One of the top kickers in NFL history had a bad game but the rest of the team made plenty of mistakes.

Thrak
01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Congrats J-E-T-S JETS!!!

Man that was a fun game to watch!

Chargers once again self-destruct in the playoffs... How's Norv working out for ya? :p

pnoon
01-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Congrats J-E-T-S JETS!!!

Man that was a fun game to watch!

Chargers once again self-destruct in the playoffs... How's Norv working out for ya? :p
Maybe Norv could have prepared them better mentally but it was the Chargers players that botched this one.

Note: I am not a Norv Turner fan.

RazzBarlow
01-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Peter's right. Kicking the challenge flag is the big penalty that sticks out in my head. He made that challenge a "no-lose" situation for the Jets. No matter what the call, it was gonna get backed up 15 yards. So, for that reason alone, throwing the challenge flag was a good move. It was a bonehead move for sure.

Thrak
01-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Maybe Norv could have prepared them better mentally but it was the Chargers players that botched this one.

Note: I am not a Norv Turner fan.

on side kick w/ 2 timeouts and the 2min warning coming up? The way your defense was playing?

... I guess it was the players...

icehog3
01-17-2010, 07:00 PM
There will be no "Bwahas" from me today...the Jets came to play.

pnoon
01-17-2010, 07:03 PM
on side kick w/ 2 timeouts and the 2min warning coming up? The way your defense was playing?

... I guess it was the players...

One timeout.

DBall
01-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Hell yes!

ZJB
01-17-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm rooting for the JETS. I bet on them to win tonight and now I got some cigars coming to me over on BOTL. Lets see how they do with the Colts again next week.

MikeyC
01-17-2010, 09:26 PM
I hope the Jets beat the Colts next week. The Colts pulling their starters and losing their first game of the year let the Jets into the playoffs. So, if the Jets beat them it would be irony at its best.

macpappy
01-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Good luck next week when you have to face Peyton and the Colts for the entire game.

Seriously. Good luck. It should be a good game.

elderboy02
01-18-2010, 04:52 AM

This makes the Colts path to the Superbowl so much easier.:tu

:tpd: Lets go Colts! :tu

OLS
01-18-2010, 06:35 AM
I was like Jimmie Johnson, or whoever it was that was the lone picker for the JETS. I HATE the
San Diego QB...like NC State, hate HIM. He IS good, but runs his mouth constantly and was
in need of a good a$$-whippin. Thank goodness for the Jets. I was a little worried there in the
beginning, but when they had held them to 7 points in the first half, I KNEW it was on. THen that
Touchdown gallop for 53 yards...hehe, byebye Bolts.

DBall
01-18-2010, 06:42 AM
:tpd: Lets go Colts! :tu

Awwwww... somebody is sad because their team got humiliated twice in a row and now wants vengeance...

Montano
01-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Manning is a surgeon, and the Colts look very tough. I think it will be an Indy/N.O. Superbowl. But could you imagine a Sanchez/Favre Superbowl ??

elderboy02
01-18-2010, 06:54 AM
I was like Jimmie Johnson, or whoever it was that was the lone picker for the JETS. I HATE the
San Diego QB...like NC State, hate HIM. He IS good, but runs his mouth constantly and was
in need of a good a$$-whippin. Thank goodness for the Jets. I was a little worried there in the
beginning, but when they had held them to 7 points in the first half, I KNEW it was on. THen that
Touchdown gallop for 53 yards...hehe, byebye Bolts.

I totally agree. I absolutely cannot stand Rivers. Always jawing and talking smack.

elderboy02
01-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Awwwww... somebody is sad because their team got humiliated twice in a row and now wants vengeance...

The Bengals got humiliated in the 1st game we played against you. I wouldn't call the 2nd game humiliating :rolleyes:

DBall
01-18-2010, 07:04 AM
The Bengals got humiliated in the 1st game we played against you. I wouldn't call the 2nd game humiliating :rolleyes:

Perhaps not score-wise, but all you guys were talking about how you "threw" the first game and how the second would be "much different". The humiliating part would be where you ended your season last week to a team you assumed would be a sure victory against. :tu

OLS
01-18-2010, 07:13 AM
I was really proud of the Bengals this year. Being a lifelong Saints fan, I KNOW how it feels
to have a sub-par team to root for. In Ohio, you couldn't even hardly pull for the OTHER choice,
cause the Browns sucked, too. For them to rise up and be a force this year made me proud.

elderboy02
01-18-2010, 07:16 AM
Perhaps not score-wise, but all you guys were talking about how you "threw" the first game and how the second would be "much different". The humiliating part would be where you ended your season last week to a team you assumed would be a sure victory against. :tu

I would say the 2nd game was "much different" b/c we didn't get blown out. You are correct though that it was disappointing b/c we thought we would beat the Jets.

Revis is one tough dude :tu

dogface_313
01-18-2010, 07:28 AM
I never thought I would say this. GO COLTS!!!!

Blueface
01-18-2010, 08:06 AM
All I can say is I am still in awe.
I cannot believe it.

Goes to show that defense does win games.
What an explosive offense that just got shut down by the Jets.

Looking forward to next weekend.
Will be interesting to see Manning and company with that high power offense v. the Jets and their defense.

Where's Vic? Vic, I think that will settle our "offense" v. "defense" bebate.:r

icehog3
01-18-2010, 08:11 AM
I cannot believe it.

Will be interesting to see Manning and company with that high power offense v. the Jets and their defense.

I love settling bebates! :D

Bruins Fan
01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Jets played smash mouth football, that's what it takes to win, reminded me of the 2002 Patriots:D

Vigiles
01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
was a good game, should be interesting to see how they do against the colts!

Resipsa
01-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I cannot believe it.

Been in Bahston attending to family business.:)

Our "bebate" will never be over Carlos, you have your mind made up, :r

Looking forward to this game. Even if the Jets win I'll still say they stink, because I honestly believe that.;)

Jets could win, who knows. Colts could play poorly, it could happen. But I'll just say this, all rex did was copy the Ravens defense and bring it to NY. Colts have had no trouble with the Ravens D, they've beaten them 8 times in a row. Blitzing Manning and putting 9 guys in the box to stop the run doesn't work against the Colts, because Manning destroys the blitz and the Colts don't care about running the ball.;)

But hey, who knows that's why you play the game.

Resipsa
01-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Joe, where are you?
I am becoming a believer!
He's the true Jets fan I've come to know so well Carlos, they only show up when the Jets are winning, :r

Seriously. I haven't seen a Jets jacket or a jets hat, or a jets sweatshirt, or a jets fans in YEARS around here, suddenly........

http://cowshell.com/uploads/drawergeeks/shazam.jpg

DBall
01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
He's the true Jets fan I've come to know so well Carlos, they only show up when the Jets are winning, :r

Seriously. I haven't seen a Jets jacket or a jets hat, or a jets sweatshirt, or a jets fans in YEARS around here, suddenly........

Aren't you coming to Albany? I'll wear my jersey for ya... :tu Been a Jets fan since before I knew what a cigar was...

Resipsa
01-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Aren't you coming to Albany? I'll wear my jersey for ya... :tu Been a Jets fan since before I knew what a cigar was...
I'll be there Dan, should be fun.:tu

Blueface
01-18-2010, 04:53 PM
I love settling bebates! :D

Been in Bahston attending to family business.:)

Our "bebate" will never be over Carlos, you have your mind made up, :r

Holy crap!
I better slow down my typing or slow down on the beers when typing.:r

Whee
01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/IllinoisHoosier/smilies/whistle.gif

icehog3
01-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I won't even Bwahahahaha, the Jets had a pretty good season. Congrats to their fans,

srduggins
01-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Great season for the Jets. Look out for them next year!

Resipsa
01-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Holy crap!
I better slow down my typing or slow down on the beers when typing.:rconvinced yet Carlos?

Blueface
01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
convinced yet Carlos?

Yup. Same old Jets.

Resipsa
01-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Yup. Same old Jets.No, convicned about offenses winning championships, not defenses.

acruce
01-24-2010, 07:18 PM
The had to have help to even make it in the palyoffs. Once there they did play well.

macpappy
01-24-2010, 09:25 PM
No, convicned about offenses winning championships, not defenses.

The Saints Defense won the game for them tonight even if they did give up over 400 yards. It's the takeaways that count.

Resipsa
01-24-2010, 09:39 PM
The Saints Defense won the game for them tonight even if they did give up over 400 yards. It's the takeaways that count.You call them takeaways, I call them giveaways......Favre kills his team, again.:)

longknocker
01-25-2010, 04:32 AM
You call them takeaways, I call them giveaways......Favre kills his team, again.:)

It Was Still "Defense" That Won The Game For The Saints, Vic!:tu

coastietech
01-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Yup. Same old Jets.

I disagree with this statement...

Sanchez showed he had what it takes to be successful in the NFL. I think Greene will be a very explosive and dynamic back for years to come and our defense will only get better. They are young, but talented.

Watching that game I was very expressed by the first half play, our defense stepped up and Sanchez was very poised and making some great plays.

Manning is and will go down in history as the greatest QB to ever play the game. Not only because of his arm but also because of his amazing knowledge of the game. He was able to figure out the Jets defense inside of 2 quarters and pick us apart after that. Garcone and Collie were burning our defense left and right. Our secondary during the second half looked tired and almost non-existent.

I think Greene getting hurt played a big time factor in our running game decline in the second half.

Either way I don't think this is the same old Jets. I think this team will do good things next year and they have the players to do very well.

Give Sanchez and Greene sometime to come in to their own and I have a feeling they will both be forces to be reckoned with.

macpappy
01-25-2010, 06:54 AM
You call them takeaways, I call them giveaways......Favre kills his team, again.:)

Bitterness serves no purpose in life.

Resipsa
01-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Bitterness serves no purpose in life.:confused: What am I supposed to be bitter about?

The bottom line is the Vikings carved up the Saints D yesterday.

But they didn't take care of the ball, so they lost. It's really that simple.

Giant & 49er Fan
01-25-2010, 07:35 AM

"Giveaways!" agreed! Though I think Favre played well enough to win the game. Offensive line breakdown caused his first INT. Adrian "New Year's Eve" Peterson (they way he drops balls) and Percey Harvin's fumbles were terrible.:2 Good game though!

Wanger
01-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory yet again by the Vikes. A HORRIBLE interception thrown at the worse possible time after what I'd consider one of the worst penalties I've ever seen. How the F#*@ does the coaching staff not get that straightened out after a timeout? How can you have a f'ing 12 men penalty with 19 seconds left when you're on the verge of going to the SB? This franchise is as cursed as the Bills. :( I am not sure that I will ever see them even make it to the big game again in my lifetime (too young to remember the last one). Never liked Childress and that blunder only further shows his ineptitude to me. It's a shame he was given a contract extension when he was. :(

The Poet
01-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Joe's Jets played a great game . . . in the second quarter. And their D played a great first half - save maybe for that last 2 minutes. Problem is, they never came out for the second half, whereas the Colts did, on both sides of the ball.

Hey, I'm not dissing them here. They made the AFC Championship, and thus the original premise holds . . . they were for real. Congratulations to them for a successful season, and let's hope for the sake of them and their fans that it's not another 40 years before they get their next shot.

macpappy
01-25-2010, 05:14 PM
So.....

Who are the Jet's going to draft this year?

DBall
01-25-2010, 08:45 PM
So.....

Who are the Jet's going to draft this year?

Farve....... :r:r:r

kelmac07
01-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Gotta admit...the J-E-T-S had a great year. Sanchez is a keeper. :tu Now if my damn Bills would finally get a decent QB.