PDA

View Full Version : Big Shots Fuerte Toro

vankleekkw
09-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Here is my first shot at doing reviews. Now that my life has calmed down a little from work and moving, I decided it is time to start doing reviews.

Background – I was gifted this smoke at a Herf and it was hiding in my humidor for a month or two.

“This is an original Don Pepin Garcia blend, made several years ago when Pepin first arrived in the states. It is now made for us (Rocky’s Cigars in Syracuse, NY) by contract with a factory in Nicaragua, but the blends remains the same. Available in either Suave (mild) or Fuerte (medium-full) Big Shots has a cigar to suit your taste.”

Made in Nicaragua each Big Shot is "Big" on quality materials and construction.
Fuerte Blend:
Wrapper: Corojo '99
Binder: Criollo ' 98
Filler: Criollo '98 & Ligero
Price - $47.99 box of 25

Pre-Light –I’m pairing this smoke with a Hop Stoopid Ale. The wrapper is very plain, almost like a connecticut and the band looks like a gangster on it. The cigar has a very slight amount of barnyard scent. It has a triple cap that was easily removed with a cheap Tat cutter. Pre-light draw was smooth but produced little flavor. 17/20

1st Third – Each draw provides a good volume of smoke. The cigar has a mild sweetness to it, but it is not too overpowering. The burn is slightly uneven, but I am leaving it alone to see if it works out as there are no parts that are not burning. So far this is not a medium-full like described. I would call it mild-medium at best. The ash is solid grey and held on for about an inch and a half. 17/20

2nd Third – The smoke went out shortly after the ash fell off and required a re-light. So far, this smoke is pretty one dimensional. A mild sweetness and slight amount of pepper. It is getting harsh at times. 15/20

Final Third – Went out again right after the ash fell, kinda notice a trend here. It kept it’s one dimensional profile through the end. It also started to explode towards the end. 16/20

Overall – This was a decent budget smoke. It was one dimensional, but I wasn’t expecting an overly complex smoke at this price. I would smoke another if I got it, but wouldn’t actively go out looking for it as it was sweet and mild. I would recommend this if that is what you are looking for. 17/20

This smoke gets 82/100 which isn’t bad for a budget smoke.

kelmac07
09-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Very nice review and great pics. :tu Thanks for sharing.