PDA

View Full Version : Olivia "O" Classic

BlackDog
10-22-2008, 07:55 PM
I just smoked an Olivia "O" Classic. I wish I could remember who I got it from. Wow, what a fine cigar. But now, 20 minutes later after looking on the big cigar sites, I can't find it. It has a red band with a big "O", and a smaller red band beneath with the word "Classic" on it. Is this discontinued? Has it been replaced by the "Serie O"? Is it the same blend? I want more!! :)

bazookajoe
10-22-2008, 08:02 PM
They're discontinued. The Serie O is not the same, but give all the Olivas a try. If you liked the classic you'll probably find a few of their current blends that you'll like.

ucla695
10-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I also enjoy these cigars and was bummed to find out that they were discontinued. I haven't tried any of the new blends, but I'm sure they're worth trying.

BlackDog
10-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Poop. Thanks for the info guys.

Skywalker
10-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Happens to me all the time! I like something and then find out that they are discontinued!!!:bh

BengalMan
10-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Check out the Oliva Serie O.

Scottw
10-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Check out the Oliva Serie O.

Yes, the 'O' is a fine stick indeed and very affordable

funnymantrip
10-22-2008, 09:34 PM
If you still are jonesing for one a b/m down by my parents still had quite a few boxes in stock when I was there over the weekend.

papajohn67
10-22-2008, 10:18 PM
I just smoked an Olivia "O" Classic. I wish I could remember who I got it from. Wow, what a fine cigar. But now, 20 minutes later after looking on the big cigar sites, I can't find it. It has a red band with a big "O", and a smaller red band beneath with the word "Classic" on it. Is this discontinued? Has it been replaced by the "Serie O"? Is it the same blend? I want more!! :)

Surprise, surprise I still have a few of those. Want a couple (?) then PM me a mailing address.

BTW the replacement/new line of the O's are good cigars. Just hard on some of us who really loved the old line that they replaced.

papajohn67
10-22-2008, 10:21 PM
If you still are jonesing for one a b/m down by my parents still had quite a few boxes in stock when I was there over the weekend.

By any chance do they have any of the Oliva Bolds, i.e. the Oliva Bold Ole?

jaycarla
10-22-2008, 10:33 PM

I am floored it took you this long for that question.:r

bobarian
10-22-2008, 10:41 PM
I am floored it took you this long for that question.:r

:r:r:r

John, Can you tell us the evolution of the Oliva labels? I have some of the cloth bands and also the paper band with the large O. Were the "Classic" and "Bold" second labels added at a later date?

papajohn67
10-22-2008, 10:57 PM

John, Can you tell us the evolution of the Oliva labels? I have some of the cloth bands and also the paper band with the large O. Were the "Classic" and "Bold" second labels added at a later date?

I'm hardly the one to answer that question but I'm pretty sure it was the cloth bands then the paper. I know the last of the red labled bolds when they were discontined (summer 06?) were sporting paper bands.

Whee
10-23-2008, 12:38 AM
http://www.holts.com/images/samplers/samplers_laselecdegould_big.jpg

This sampler is available from Holt's. $24.95. got some decent sticks in there as well.

funnymantrip
10-23-2008, 07:52 AM

No I do not recall seeing any just the new style/old style classic O with the paper band...

elderboy02
10-23-2008, 08:02 AM

BengalMan (Ian) should know the answer to this question. He is the most qualified to answer.

dunng
10-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Cloth Band Olivas... :dr :dr

:ss

Sancho
10-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Cloth Band Olivas... :dr :dr

:ss

You said it! :( Those are awsome sticks

jechelman
10-23-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm hardly the one to answer that question but I'm pretty sure it was the cloth bands then the paper. I know the last of the red labled bolds when they were discontined (summer 06?) were sporting paper bands.I agree that the paper bands came after the cloth but don't know when that change took place. I had a cloth banded Bold Ole with a little plume on it last night and it was yummy!

FriskyDingo
10-23-2008, 11:41 AM
The original Oliva "O" series with the red cloth band was the first cigar I ever had. That was what started me off in this hobby. They were amazing cigars.
If you are wanting to purchase some, check out these two sites:

http://www.indulgecigars.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg=prod&ref=fdolivotorpsam

http://www.bonitasmokeshop.com/Oliva%20Cigars.htm

I still purchase mine from Bonita's! :tu

smokeyscotch
10-23-2008, 12:46 PM
The last time I was in Magic City Cigars in B'ham, they had a box of the original cloth banded ones. They were priced well from what I remember. There contatct info is here: http://magiccitycigar.com