PDA

View Full Version : How long can shipped cigars survive?

Chingo
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I misplanned my week and I'm not going to be home tomorrow when my Famous Cigars order is supposed to arrive at my shipping address. Now I'm getting paranoid and wondering if I should readjust my schedule or just relax. Anyone know how Famous packs their cigars? Will they last until next week in their package?

I also ordered a 75% Boveda pack (it was all they had in stock...) so maybe that'll help too..

Darrell
09-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Your cigars will be fine. As long as they're not going to sit in a mailbox or outside for the next week. If it's just a day or 2, don't fret.

JJG
09-09-2009, 02:19 PM
If you live in an area that stays hotter than 80 degrees all day for a week and the cigars are outside you would be best served putting them through a freezer cycle just in case. If they are in a climate closer to 70 degrees and the cigars are in an air-conditioned Post Office you should be fine.

scottie

:tpd: I tend to think cigars are a lot more resilient than people give them credit for. but if they spend significant time in the outside heat, beetles could be a concern, but nothing a freezer can't cure.

Skywalker
09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I misplanned my week and I'm not going to be home tomorrow when my Famous Cigars order is supposed to arrive at my shipping address. Now I'm getting paranoid and wondering if I should readjust my schedule or just relax. Anyone know how Famous packs their cigars? Will they last until next week in their package?

I also ordered a 75% Boveda pack (it was all they had in stock...) so maybe that'll help too..

Famous does a fine job of packing!!! You shouldn't have any worries!!!

I would worry more about my neighbors getting into my boxes!!!

Chingo
09-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Great, thanks everyone for easing my fears. There should be someone to take it inside so it won't sit outdoors, although it's still about 80 degrees in the house. This is just my first bulk cigar purchase with a lot of sticks I've been wanting to try so I don't want to mess it up!

The Poet
09-09-2009, 04:17 PM
:tpd: I tend to think cigars are a lot more resilient than people give them credit for. but if they spend significant time in the outside heat, beetles could be a concern, but nothing a freezer can't cure.

:tpd: X 2 here. I've said it before, and I say it again - we're talking cigars here, not vaccine. Just my :2.

itsme_timd
09-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I ship to a buddy in Canada quite a bit and I've asked him how they do and he said he's never had any issues - it typically takes a solid 2 weeks for my packages to get to him. I put them in baggies, try to wrap them in bubble wrap and stuff newspaper around the rest. Never even used a humi pack and never had an issue. :2

kaisersozei
09-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I've said it before, and I say it again - we're talking cigars here, not vaccine.

I was curious, so I checked... and, indeed, you HAVE said it before:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=489124&postcount=5

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=521277&postcount=21

:D