PDA

View Full Version : Illusione MK Ultra

cigarmonkel
10-22-2008, 06:15 PM
I guess i was lucky enough to get a bad one of the bunch. The draw and burn were both absolutely TERRIBLE. I snipped it, prelight draw was awesome. LOTS of leathery tastes with excellent draw.

After i lit it... everything went to hell. it felt like the cigar was instantly plugged and i felt like if i wanted to get any smoke i was gonna pass out doing so. Before i reached the halfway point i had to fix the burn 3 times.

The taste right from the get go was awesome. Everything i was hoping for. Lots of cream mixed with pepper. Almost like a mix between the typical Illusione pepper taste they have and a more mild pepper that isn't so harsh on your mouth and throat. the taste was flawless.

I chucked this one at the halfway point realizing the taste was not worth the high maintenance of this beauty... kinda reminds me of one of my.. nvm we won't go there :r.

I am a whore for illusione cigars, haven't had one i didn't love up untill now.

elderboy02
10-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Try the ~cg:4~. It is better in my opinion.

cigarmonkel
10-22-2008, 06:23 PM

i've had the CG4 and its an awesome smoke. With cold winter knocking at the door though im starting to smoke shorter cigars.

warpedcigars
10-22-2008, 06:44 PM
The MK, I had was off the wall good. Unfortunately, I dont know where to get more. They are worth giving another try.

cigarmonkel
10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
The MK, I had was off the wall good. Unfortunately, I dont know where to get more. They are worth giving another try.

no doubt at all. I realize this was a bad one in the bunch. i have a box of MK's :D

warpedcigars
10-22-2008, 06:57 PM
no doubt at all. I realize this was a bad one in the bunch. i have a box of MK's :D

:dr

BengalMan
10-22-2008, 09:51 PM

The MK Ultra is a completely different cigar than the MK fyi.

Skywalker
10-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Ryan, say it isn't so!!!:bh

dmoby
10-23-2008, 01:48 AM
That sucks but it will hapen only to the cigars you want to smoke, never to the cigars you give away.

Wanger
10-23-2008, 05:45 AM
Illusiones are VERY good. About the only size I haven't cared for too much was the 68. I LOVE the Holy Lance and the CG4. :D

Footbag
10-23-2008, 06:19 AM
I smoked a CG:4 the other day and it was a bad cigar. Don't get me wrong, look at my avatar. I love CG:4's, but even the best blends will have a bad stick every so often. They are handmade.
My problems were burn related, but it prevented the cigar from hitting it's sweet spot. If I knew it wouldn't improve through the whole stick, I would've tossed it and lit up another CG:4.

So my advice would be to try another MK.

MWiltse
10-23-2008, 06:55 AM
MK Ultra's were a great stick. Too bad it was a one-time deal. Sounds like the one you smoked may have been a little too moist (pre-light draw was good, but it plugged after lighting, burn issues....etc.) Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.