PDA

View Full Version : Simple tobacco poll

RevSmoke
09-07-2009, 08:21 AM
I have a curiosity itch that I need to scratch.

What is/are your favorite "genre(s)" of pipe tobacco? (yes, you may have more than one, and you may select more than one)

For this poll, I am suggesting the following genres of pipe tobacco. I am not suggesting that these are the only ways that pipe tobacco can be separated into different genre's, but it is the way that I have come to classify them.

Virginias (no other condimental tobaccos)
VaPers (Virginias w/Perique)
Orientals (Blends predominantly Orientals)
English (Latakia blends)
Light English (blends w/out casing, light or no Latakia)
Burleys (blends that are based on Burley)
Aromatics (blends which are cased in some way with flavorings.

Once you've voted what your favorite genre(s) is/are, post a list of your favorites in that genre(s).

Peace of the Lord be with you all.

BlackDog
09-07-2009, 08:46 AM
I voted Va/Per and English. My 2 favorites are Squadron Leader and Escudo. I could smoke only these two tobaccos for the rest of my life if I were limited. I smoke a fiar bit of burley blends too, but since you said "favorites" I kept it to those two.

DrDubzz
09-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I voted VA and Vaper

I certainly smoke some others, but if I can't decide chances are it's Marlin Flake or Anniversary Kake

BigFrank
09-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm in the same boat as Rx here on this one. 90% of the time I go for a VA or VaPer blend. I will try other tobacco blends, but alas I always end up going for these two.

RevSmoke
09-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Predominantly, VaPers. Then, straight Virginias. I also enjoy English and Light English blends, but I do not go to them as often as I used to - but when the mood strikes, I might possibly smoke a whole tin.

I do not smoke Burleys or Orientals. Although I may try them on occasion

I also will get in the mood for an Aromatic, but those moods strike rarely, and usually only for a bowl every 6 months.

VirtualSmitty
09-07-2009, 04:37 PM
I smoke mostly english and burley blends, though I do like a vaper for a change of pace here and there. Go to english blends are Squadron Leader, Margate, and Davi Luxury. For burleys I like Solani aged burley flake, haunted bookshop, and old joe krantz. Vapers I usually smoke escudo or solani gold.

Starscream
09-07-2009, 04:54 PM
I know this is a dumb question for most, but what is cavendish considered to be? Aromatic?

DrDubzz
09-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I know this is a dumb question for most, but what is cavendish considered to be? Aromatic?

well that depends, if it is flavored, it is likely an aromatic, but something unflavored cavendish will be added to other blends just to add some smoothness

although it would be uncommon to find just a plain, unflavored, cavendish blend

Emjaysmash
09-07-2009, 05:36 PM
I Chose English and Orientals. Those are my two faves so far.

Mister Moo
09-07-2009, 06:45 PM
VaPer - Escudo
English - SH20thAnniImp
Oriental - RatRedRap

Starscream
09-07-2009, 06:48 PM
well that depends, if it is flavored, it is likely an aromatic, but something unflavored cavendish will be added to other blends just to add some smoothness

although it would be uncommon to find just a plain, unflavored, cavendish blend

I get it from the Tinderbox. It just says cavendish. It smells good and is very sweet.

DrDubzz
09-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I get it from the Tinderbox. It just says cavendish. It smells good and is very sweet.

then I would assume it to be an aromatic

mhailey
09-07-2009, 08:18 PM
vanilla aromatics: Danish Black Vanilla Flake, Vanilla bean from a local store, MacBaren Vanilla flake and MacBaren Vanilla Cream, ... .

Oh, and the only true ice cream flavor is Vanilla.

Matt

Slow Triathlete
09-08-2009, 11:19 AM
VaPers - Scottish Cake, Escudo, St. James Flake, AJ's VaPer, Peretti's Park Square

Virginia - Hal O The Wynd, Full Virginia Flake, Best Brown Flake, Red Ribbon, Red Flake

Requiem
09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
English blends (mostly with orientals): Squadron Leader; Erinmore Balkan Mixture; Black Mallory

Virginias: Best Brown Flake; Old Gowrie; St. Bruno

SkinsFanLarry
09-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I usually smoke alot of heavy English blends - Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture, Haddo's Delight and Escudo

VaPers - Sweet Killarney and McCrainie's Red Ribbon