PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah Agrees To Spanking

The Poet
09-03-2009, 03:08 PM
As I understand it, Florida International agreed last year to a contract with the Coaches vs. Cancer pre-season tourney, with the understanding that their first-round opponent would either be OSU or UNC. They then hired Isaiah Thomas as their new head coach, and when the schedule was recently announced that their game would be against the Tar Heels, Isaiah balked. Who know - maybe he thought they had a shot against the Buckeyes, but no chance of avoiding a whupping from the Heels. Or maybe he figured that, since he won his last game against them 'way back in 1981, he didn't want his streak to end on a down-note. In any case, he and the boosters tried to back out of the game, or at least until the bad press got their attention. So now they are saying "Well, it's for a good cause, so we will play the game."

Man, it sure didn't take him long to start clusterfarking-up his newest job. :r

Tenor CS
09-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Man, I went to FIU. Twice. (Bachelor's and Master's)

I'm so embarrassed right now. Back when I went there, our teams just sucked. Now they suck AND are incompetent.

Oh well, at least the music program was good when I was there. Especially during my Master's.

The Poet
09-04-2009, 01:34 PM
It's no reflection on you, Christian, nor any alum not on the boosters' committee. Frankly, I'd expect no less than this from Isaiah - he was a great player, but always a whiner, as player, coach, or GM.

As for me, my opinion has always been "Shut the fark up and play - it's only a game."

Tenor CS
09-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Small bit of trivia: When FIU first got a football team, they produced a CD with the fight song and school alma mater. I was one of the people singing on that CD. Good times during that recording session.