PDA

View Full Version : Grilled Shrimp - It don't get no better.

CodeBlue
09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
This is a recipe that has been passed through my family for grilled shrimp. Simply amazing.

Ingredients:

- 2lb bag of deveined and peeled raw shrimp
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil (enough to lightly coat the shrimp)
- 1/2 cup of sweet soy sauce (or just use regular soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tspn cayanne pepper
- 1 tspn Chinnese 5 spice
- 2 gloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Few pinches of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Juice from 2 lemons

Preparation:

If the shrimp are frozen, put them under the faucey in a strainer under cold water, until soft. Pull the shell and tail off, leaving just the edible portion of the shrimp. In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients together; It really doesn't matter what order, and long as after everything is in, you mix it to a nice even consistency. Pour the mixture over the thawed shrimp. Making sure all the shrimp are coated well, and place in the fridge for one hour (you dont want to leave this mixture on the shrimp for more than an hour or two due to the properties of the lemon juice). After marinating, put the shrimp on the grill and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or till done. After a few minutes on each side, they should have that nice grilled look - at that point, I just bite into one, and make sure it is white throughout before pulling them all off.

I usually will throw some asparagus or another veggie on the grill before the shrimp, and just wip up a simple rice dish. Its an easy, cheap, and fabulous meal. One of my favorites.

Enjoy.

Steve
09-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Love me some Shrimp! I hear that they are starting to show up pretty good in the river here. I hope to get out this weekend maybe and catch some. Hopefully this year we won't have a big storm that washes them all out to sea before we get a chance at them!

This is a recipe that has been passed through my family for grilled shrimp. Simply amazing.

Kreth
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I think it's time to add shrimp to the grocery list. Do you use sweet or smoked paprika?
Posted via Mobile Device

Anthem
09-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Thank you for sharing, I will be making some of these tonight :tu

captain53
09-20-2009, 07:35 AM
I love grilled shrimp but just never have had much luck with cooking them at home so I will sure be giving this a try.

Thanks For Sharing!:tu

Anthem
09-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Had these tonight and they were great :dr:dr. I have some left overs that I will be taking to work for lunch tomorrow :tu:tu - once again, thank you for sharing!!!!