PDA

View Full Version : King Havano Jester Claro

macpappy
09-01-2009, 09:30 PM
I picked up three of these at my B&M in July and they have been sitting for 4 weeks resting in my humidor. The Jester is 4" x 60. They are made by Oliveros.

Everything I've read is that these are supposed to be full strength and flavorful but I found the one I smoked today to be rather uninspiring. For the record, I put this in an empty box inside my cooler (65%) so there wasn't any chance for the flavor to mingle with other cigars in the same box.

The appearance of the wrapper looked a little rough and veiny. The draw was easy though and the pre-light aroma was nice. I lit it evenly and for the 1st quarter inch it burned evenly. After that the wrapper just did not want to play nice and I had to touch it up twice before it evened out again. By this time I had smoked about the first 1-1/2 inches. From that point on it had a even burn. I will also say that despite having to retouch it, the ash stayed fairly straight.

It produced a good amount of smoke that had a creamy quality to it. I found it to be very light on the spice though. The only flavor that pops into my mind now (about 8 hours later) was a nice hint of leather.

As for it being a "full strength" smoke, I didn't find it to be that strong at first but it started building up half way through. By the time I had about an inch left, it was considerably stronger than the beginning.

I have two of these left resting and will smoke them in the next month or two but I don't think I would spend the money on more of them.

Skywalker
09-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Thank you for the review!!!:tu

First I've heard about these!!!