PDA

View Full Version : Macanudo Gold Label Hampton Court

GHC_Hambone
08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
I picked up this cigar the other day. I enjoy mild cigars from time to time, and I figured I would give this one a try. I know Macs get knocked sometimes for lack of flavors, but I figured I would go for it.

It starts with a rich nutty flavor, mild in body. Very smooth when exhaled through the nose. Midway the nutty flavors remained with a bit of spice in the back. Not peppery spice but more like a nutmeg flavor. Last third a bit of pepper came through.

Overall an ok cigar. I'd give it an 8/10. It's a nice mild cigar, has the typical nutty creamy flavors of a Connecticut wrapper.

However, for the price I wouldn't recommend it. I bought this for $5.80 before tax on "sale". And for a corona size too. It is a good cigar but there are comparable cigars to be had for less out there. If you like mild cigars you can give this a try, but I wouldn't buy again unless I could pick it up for less. :2

Thanks for reading.

hotreds
08-26-2009, 06:45 PM
I think Macanudo makes some awfully good seegars.

G G
08-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Never had a macanudo, thanks for the review.:tu

kelmac07
08-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Never had a macanudo, thanks for the review.:tu

:tpd: Thanks for the review!!

BillyCigars
08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Great review! :tu

Of all the Macs, the Gold Labels are my favorite. I've always gotten a very light citrusy-thing in the Gold Labels; kind of like a faint hint of lemon strangely enough.

Good stuff!

GoodFella
08-26-2009, 09:41 PM
thanks for the review. Is been a long long time since i have had one. I use to like them.:tu

elderboy02
08-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Great review! :tu

Of all the Macs, the Gold Labels are my favorite. I've always gotten a very light citrusy-thing in the Gold Labels; kind of like a faint hint of lemon strangely enough.

Good stuff!

:tpd: The only Mac's I like are the Gold labels. I also picked up the lemon. How weird is that :hm

Jimbo14
08-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Maybe they dont deserve the flack they get?

Thanks for the review btw.

dannysguitar
08-27-2009, 08:17 AM
My brother loves these. That's all he ever wants to smoke. Thanks for the review!