PDA

View Full Version : What happen to Kriss Baso?

gbum
08-24-2009, 12:20 AM
What happen to him and his company?
i try to open http://www.tobaccoworldcigars.com but it happen to be Smoked Inn and handle by another guy name Abe...

last activity on his youtube also happen in last 9 month...
http://www.youtube.com/user/TWCigarsFL

anybody care to tell me sumtin?:confused:
thanks

NCRadioMan
08-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Looks like Abe may have bought them out. Wouldn't surprise me because I have heard of his business savvy. Interesting story about Abe, his nickname is Ming, cause he looks like Ming from Flash Gordon, and the ACID Ming is named after him. ATLHARP tells me he learned more about running a b&m properly from him than anybody.

coastietech
08-24-2009, 06:46 AM
SmokeInn bought out Tobacco World. That is the local B&M that I go to. I don't know much about either owner I've talked to the new one for a bit.

What I do know is that before SmokeInn bought them out Opus X were ~$20+ and other cigars were priced really high. Now that Abe runs the place Opus X is ~$14 and everything else competes well with internet dealers.

The back is no longer members only from what I understand and the humidor prices have come down drastically. For the customers the buy out was a great thing. IMHO

68TriShield
08-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Kris got divorced.

icehog3
08-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I really like Kris, hope things are getting better for him.

Trumpet
12-31-2009, 05:14 PM
I really like Kris, hope things are getting better for him.

+1

MrOneEyedBoh
12-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Nice video.

Neuromancer
12-31-2009, 06:57 PM
SmokeInn bought out Tobacco World. That is the local B&M that I go to. I don't know much about either owner I've talked to the new one for a bit.

What I do know is that before SmokeInn bought them out Opus X were ~$20+ and other cigars were priced really high. Now that Abe runs the place Opus X is ~$14 and everything else competes well with internet dealers.

The back is no longer members only from what I understand and the humidor prices have come down drastically. For the customers the buy out was a great thing. IMHO

Yep, Abe from Smoke Inn bought out Kris, and Kris got divorced, and went back in the financial markets that he used to be in...might be commodities trading from what I heard in the store...store is going strong...remodelling...building a gigantic closed in humidor and redoing the lounge...reason Opus X's where so high when Kris had the store is that he couldn't buy direct from Fuente as they had some kind of falling out so he had to get AF products elsewhere...but, his prices on everything else were great and they've either stayed the same and in some cases gone down a bit under Abe...so you knew if you wanted an AF cigar at Kris's you were going to pay more for it...better to get it elsewhere...everything else was great though...hope Kris shows up when we get together...I think I have his phone number somewhere...

Titan410
01-01-2010, 07:23 AM
I enjoyed his reviews (sometimes rants) on Youtube. They're still up if anybody is interested. http://www.youtube.com/user/TWCigarsFL
I used to watch them faithfully when I got into cigars.

68TriShield
01-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Heber probably knows how to get in touch with Kris.All of Kris's former staff is still there on N.Powerline Rd. as I recall.

coastietech
01-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Heber probably knows how to get in touch with Kris.All of Kris's former staff is still there on N.Powerline Rd. as I recall.

This is correct... :tu