PDA

View Full Version : OLS is the man!! Gotta say thanks

Chingo
08-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi all,

Normally a post like this probably belongs more in the Troops forum, but I wanted to voice my gratitude more towards the CA community and overall attitude in general, and not just for troop support.

I just got back from the sandbox about a week and a half ago and I'm far from settled in or adjusted. As some of you may or may not know, war is "99% sheer boredom and 1% terror". I began getting into the hobby while over there, and came to CA knowing really nothing in search of something more than the dried out "cigars" (basically giant cigarillos) they have over there. Anyway, OLS offered to send a few sticks and I can't explain how much of a difference on morale it was just to have something different (and some VERY good sticks!) to smoke. Especially towards the end when we lived in tents and had no missions, the cabin fever probably would have turned us all homicidal if we didn't have the cigars as an excuse to get out and get away.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to CA and especially OLS for demonstrating what the hobby is all about. I'm going to pay it forward and start spreading the love to soldiers over there once I get settled down. Can't wait to try more sticks now that I'm home too..!

kelmac07
08-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Welcome home and thanks for your service brother!! :salute: :usa

BlackDog
08-23-2009, 05:01 PM
First of all, welcome home, and thank you for your service. You are well and truly, "Just in from the storm." I'm sure you'll find that the folks at CA really support our troops, and that sending cigars is but a small token of our appreciation for our great men and women in uniform.

OLS is a wealth of information. I don't know him personally, but his willingness to share information, as well as cigars, makes him a valuable member here.

I'm very glad you're home safe and sound, and look forward to your participation here. :tu

massphatness
08-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for your service to our country.

And props to OLS!

:tu

pnoon
08-23-2009, 06:12 PM
We can't thank you enough for your service.

Welcome to The Asylum.

G G
08-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for your sacrifice for our country and us.:tu

Darrell
08-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Nice work, OLS!

elderboy02
08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Nice job OLS!

Thank you for your service :usa

NCRadioMan
08-23-2009, 07:05 PM
We can't thank you enough for your service.

Welcome to The Asylum.
:tpd: Thank you! :usa

Yeah, Brad's an ok feller. :tu

GoatLocker
08-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Welcome Home and welcome to the asylum! Big props to OLS. :usa

JJG
08-23-2009, 11:41 PM
OLS is a wealth of information. I don't know him personally, but his willingness to share information, as well as cigars, makes him a valuable member here.

I noticed this too, a very knowledgeable contributor. also "the sandbox" lol, I like that. reminds me of west Texas from what I've seen, hot as hell and not much to look at.

TomHagen
08-23-2009, 11:55 PM

Much props to OLS, and especially to you, Chingo, for your service for all of us!! Thanks for sharing!!