PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Drew

JJG
08-20-2009, 03:42 PM
heehee, I saw the RP post and couldn't help myself.

got this email from www.seriouscigars.com here in Houston

" Drew Estate Event
Saturday August 29th
6PM - 9PM - Champions
Join us on Saturday for our Drew Estate Event. Jonathan Drew, founder of the company, will be here and you will enjoy meeting him.

Drew Estate makes many different types of cigars. Many are infused with botanical oils while others are just regular cigars, really good regular cigars. "

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1428/cf6fv0806nfn1.jpg

I'd go but I think I have to wash the dog or something that night. :rolleyes:

joking aside, the guys at serious cigars are a super friendly and I'd recommend that anybody in Houston check out their store sometime.

sikk50
08-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I have to feed the goats and water the chinchilas that night

dunng
08-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Much more fun meeting Steve when he is passing out Ligas... :tu

kelmac07
08-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Damn...I have to go to a baby shower that day (sound familiar Tobii??)...LOL!!

Darrell
08-20-2009, 03:49 PM

Martin does that as well. He also talks about himself, a lot. :r

tobii3
08-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Damn...I have to go to a baby shower that day (sound familiar Tobii??)...LOL!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Don't get me started.

As for Drew Estates, Skills and I went to the DE event down here...We'll be at the next one as well!!! Liga Privada = YUM!!!

Did y'all forget they are now the distributor for Joya de Nicaragua??

:dr

bigloo
08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
While ACID is not great, and Naturals have fallen out of favor with me, Chateau Real and Liga are good smokes. I think JD would be a fun guy, at least he looks like he is fun and approachable.

JJG
08-21-2009, 07:45 AM
so that's who makes Liga Privada? I saw these last time I was at the local B&M and thought they were classy looking smokes. I meant to ask the shop owner who makes them but I guess that mystery is solved.

Anyhow, yeah I've never had much interest in Drew Estates but I have to admit, that guy looks like he'd be fun to hang out with.

thebiglebowski
08-21-2009, 09:14 AM
really good regular cigars!

gnukfu
08-21-2009, 09:49 AM

Liga Privada........mmmmmmmmmmmm....great smoke....and I'm not on a first name basis with anyone from the company!

kaisersozei
08-21-2009, 10:57 AM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1428/cf6fv0806nfn1.jpg

Isn't that the guy who played Herod in the Jesus Christ Superstar movie?

http://www.cs.uni.edu/~wallingf/blog-images/misc/mostel-as-herod.jpg

itsme_timd
08-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Man, all the haters on Drew Estates! :D

Like others mentioned, he makes some great smokes that are not infused. The Liga Privada #9 and Joya de Nicaragua are awesome smokes and the Chateu Real and La Vieja Habana are nice, affordable cigars. I also got to sample the new Nosotros that he made for Illusione and I think that will be another winner of a cigar.

I met Jonathan Drew about a year ago when he and Rick Ardito did an event here. Both of them are super-nice guys, and if you've ever met Rick you know he is a wacko - in a good way. The shop was not very busy so I chatted with Jonathan for about 30 minutes , he's got a passion for what he does and that comes out in the conversation with him, I had a blast meeting him.

So, maybe you can reschedule the dog's bath! LOL.

sboyajian
08-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Can't wait for the new Liga..

but gotta admit.. he looks like he's starting a boy band in that picture. :)

itsme_timd
08-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Can't wait for the new Liga..

but gotta admit.. he looks like he's starting a boy band in that picture. :)

You haven't heard their new album yet? It's called "Acid Infusion". :banger

poriggity
08-22-2009, 03:23 PM
The LVH are GREAT smokes for the price.. Even better when you can get them on sale!
Scott

rrplasencia
08-22-2009, 03:32 PM
i don't smoke his stuff but at the CRA event last year in Orlando he was one of the few personable 'makers' there. he hung out with Avo all night, those two might have been the life of the party. i'd have a beer with him but that being said i'd rather stop smoking then smoke the crap he puts out.

p.s. and his VP is an ex-marine that donated a bunch of boxes for the troops.

alley00p
08-22-2009, 04:04 PM
While ACID is not great, and Naturals have fallen out of favor with me, Chateau Real and Liga are good smokes. I think JD would be a fun guy, at least he looks like he is fun and approachable.

I had an opportunity about 6 months ago to meet JD at a local event, here. He IS a really nice guy, and while he was signing the box of Chateau Reals I bought at the event, he asked me if he could check the sticks out, he wanted to make sure that they were up to his "standards" :D he also stood there, talking to me for another 20 minutes, and sent one of his guys to get me a Liga Privada and a couple of extra sticks for my ride back to work! :tu

I'd definately go to another DE event if we have one nearby!! :ss

:dance:

kaelaria
08-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey don't knock those flavored ceegar events - the ladies have to have their own times too ya know!!

SmokinApe
08-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I have a hard time taking him seriously when he has a line called "Pimp Sticks."