View Full Version : Oliva Serie V Lancero

tuxpuff
08-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Size - 7 x 38
Shape - Long Panatela
Wrapper - Nicaragua
Filler - Nicaragua
Binder - Nicaragua

Good looking stick. Chocolate and tobacco aroma on the wrapper. Good draw pre-light with a very chocolaty taste.

First third - Great draw. Mostly flavors of tobacco and cedar. Slightly dry tasting smoke although it was very smooth. Consistent in the flavor profile throughout this third.

Second third - Maintaining the tobacco and cedar flavors. The aftertaste is increasing in length with notes of mocha and toasted nuts. Quite a powerful cigar.

Last third - The intensity of the flavor is still increasing. The smoke stays smooth throughout. Very strong and lingering finish.

This was a good smoke. I wish it had a bit more complexity as the flavor profile stayed very consistent. The is the only vitola from the V series that I've tried...I need to pick up a sampler.

http://www.internetarmy.com/cigars/olivav/img_0551.jpg

http://www.internetarmy.com/cigars/olivav/img_0552.jpg

http://www.internetarmy.com/cigars/olivav/img_0553.jpg

http://www.internetarmy.com/cigars/olivav/img_0555.jpg

http://www.internetarmy.com/cigars/olivav/img_0557.jpg

GTsetGO
08-20-2009, 03:24 PM
one great smoke right there. i have plenty of them in my humi. though everyone that i have smoked seemed to get a little bitter with about an inch to an inch and a half left. i have never been able to nub one of these out due to that.

dunng
08-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the review! :tu

I'm a big fan of these and the whole line... :dr

dubnick
08-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the Review!!!

:tu for Oliva V

tobii3
08-20-2009, 04:32 PM
burn my fingers every time....LOVE ME SOME CRACK STICKS!!!!!

:D

shvictor
08-20-2009, 04:37 PM
My favorite cigar. Thanks for the review

SD Beerman
08-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Nice review, I do like that smoke as well.

Ranger_B
08-20-2009, 09:35 PM
My favorite of the line. Great review.

MedicCook
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the review. I am going to have to grab one of them the next time I go to the B&M.

shilala
08-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I've tried to get beside these sticks. They're gorgeous. They ought to be excellent.
I haven't had one that I could get to burn right yet.
I've had to relight and touch them up so frequently that I just plain ruin them.
I've tried them rott, a few months old, and with a good amount of time on them, and still can't burn one without it running and tunneling. I have a couple more tucked away. When I'm in the mood for some frustration, I'll dig one out.
Thanks for the review, Luke!!! :)

Giant & 49er Fan
08-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Lancero's MMMMMMMM! :ss

Scottastic
08-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Absolute favorite smoke: first box I ever bought. I found it develops more if you let it relax through the smoke. When I make it a point to make it last over an hour, it comes alive.

ScottishSmoker
08-21-2009, 02:43 AM
I've tried to get beside these sticks. They're gorgeous. They ought to be excellent.
I haven't had one that I could get to burn right yet.
I've had to relight and touch them up so frequently that I just plain ruin them.
I've tried them rott, a few months old, and with a good amount of time on them, and still can't burn one without it running and tunneling. I have a couple more tucked away. When I'm in the mood for some frustration, I'll dig one out.
Thanks for the review, Luke!!! :)

I am soooo elated too know that I am not the only one who believes a four year old hypoglycemic kid with ADHD in a chocolate factory is easier to babysit than the burn on this cigar.....Great review...nice pics!

SkinsFanLarry
08-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Very nice review!

If you are a Lancero fan, try the Viaje Platino Lancero....it's a stunning cigar!

elderboy02
08-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Nice review! This is a great cigar :tu

Starchild
08-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Nice review. I want to like the lancero more, but I tend to prefer the larger RG in the Oliva V line.

Wanger
08-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Crack sticks!!!!!

Smokin Gator
10-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Just finishing one up... I love these!!! They have a bit of sweetness that I just love. Perfect construction and burn... just plain a top notch stick!!

Slavac
10-04-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm the dissenter here, but this one does nothing for me. The flavor profile's too flat.

roughrider
10-04-2009, 05:52 PM
One of my favorites.

Scottastic
10-05-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm the dissenter here, but this one does nothing for me. The flavor profile's too flat.

Really?! That surprises me... try the other one in a month or so.

Don Fernando
10-05-2009, 12:38 AM
I smoked one last night and I got way way waaaaay too much pepper from it. It was like smoking a peppermill.

Veritas
10-05-2009, 03:43 AM
Nice review. I want to like the lancero more, but I tend to prefer the larger RG in the Oliva V line.
I agree. I had my first lancero from this line a couple of nights ago and was a little let down. I am a huge fan of the Serie V and was really looking forward to this stick. Maybe I built it up a little too much in my mind.

I'll burn another one in a few days now that I know what to expect. My guess is that I will enjoy the next one a little more since it doesn't have to live up to my imagined expectations.

Nice review. Great pics.

longknocker
10-05-2009, 04:22 AM
I agree. I had my first lancero from this line a couple of nights ago and was a little let down. I am a huge fan of the Serie V and was really looking forward to this stick. Maybe I built it up a little too much in my mind.

I'll burn another one in a few days now that I know what to expect. My guess is that I will enjoy the next one a little more since it doesn't have to live up to my imagined expectations.

Nice review. Great pics.

Olivas always smoke better after 6-12 months Rest, IMO!:):2

OHRD
10-05-2009, 08:11 AM
I love that shape! You expect to see this powerhouse in a Torpedo...I like it!