PDA

View Full Version : Got a couple new certifications

MajorCaptSilly
08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Got my VMware Sales Porfessional certificate a couple weeks ago and finished my VMware Technical Sales Professional certification yesterday. Our company has to maintain a certain number of certifications to sell the product. As I am not an engineer, the VTSP was pretty hard and I'm relieved.

MCS

RJK18
08-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Good job. But what the hell is all of those initials?

Emjaysmash
Grats, MCS!!!

Old Sailor
Congrats!!:tu

captain53
08-18-2009, 07:06 PM
No idea what VMware is or does but congratulations, has to be a good thing for your future.

MedicCook
08-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Congrats on your new certificates. :tu

Kreth
08-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Congrats!

MajorCaptSilly
08-18-2009, 07:14 PM
VMware is a product that allows you to run "virtual servers and PC's" using a single piece of hardware. This allows you to run software applications that used to require a dedicated server on a shared server with no software compatibility issues. It also allows you to conserve funds and energy by combining several servers into one physical box. I am currently deploying VMware in 2 school systems where we have consolidated 12-15 servers into just 3 physical boxes with shared storage. At one of the schools, we are also deploying 2 virtual computer labs utilizing 1 server and 56 thin clients. This isn't too exciting for anyone expect those in the IT business and clients who benefit from the cost and management savings. Hey, some people like fishing, some people like woodworking, and some of us geeks like technology:banger

MCS

AD720
08-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Congrats. I really like VMWare Fusion.

Texan in Mexico
08-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Congrats Scott - are the shared servers run by one large company or can several small businesses do this? I see huge upside in govt, education, etc however this is intriguing for small businesses as well...

WildBlueSooner
08-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Sounds like you must have done something good....not sure what, but Congrats :tu

AAlmeter
08-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Better to be certified than certifiable. Congrats.

MajorCaptSilly
08-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Congrats Scott - are the shared servers run by one large company or can several small businesses do this? I see huge upside in govt, education, etc however this is intriguing for small businesses as well...

We are actually doing some server consolidation in smaller companies (2-3 servers) when they are needing to purchase a new server. VMware used to be too costly to do this but it recently they made some attractive pricing geared towards small-med business.

MCS

captain53
08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
VMware is a product that allows you to run "virtual servers and PC's" using a single piece of hardware. This allows you to run software applications that used to require a dedicated server on a shared server with no software compatibility issues. It also allows you to conserve funds and energy by combining several servers into one physical box. I am currently deploying VMware in 2 school systems where we have consolidated 12-15 servers into just 3 physical boxes with shared storage. At one of the schools, we are also deploying 2 virtual computer labs utilizing 1 server and 56 thin clients. This isn't too exciting for anyone expect those in the IT business and clients who benefit from the cost and management savings. Hey, some people like fishing, some people like woodworking, and some of us geeks like technology:banger

MCS

And some of us better just stick with smok'n and drink'n!
Congrats again, sounds like things are looking good for you.

skullnrose
08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Congrats !

TheTraveler
08-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Congrats MCS ! :tu

My company has consolidated a few servers that we use for in-house storage and development onto a couple of servers using VM software. We haven't moved any customers' servers to VM yet though.

We've got a nice picnic area under some shade trees beside a pond - perfect lunchtime smoking area. Now if I could just get the AC set to 5 degrees colder in here I'd be in heaven! :r

Congrats again. :D