PDA

View Full Version : Farve NOT to stay retired

e-man67
08-18-2009, 10:14 AM
This just in.....http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090818/SPT0201/308130094/1055/NEWS/Report++Favre+is+back

Blindjimme
08-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Here we go again.... http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/Blindjimme/popcorn.gif

TripleF
08-18-2009, 10:23 AM
:wo

Starscream
08-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Here we go again.... http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/Blindjimme/popcorn.gif

:tpd:

icehog3
08-18-2009, 10:36 AM
My butt itches.

RevSmoke
08-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Anonymous players said...

You ever try to kill dandelions?

This is almost as bad...

GreekGodX
08-18-2009, 10:42 AM
please no more!!

OLS
08-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Fans not to care anymore.
Seriously, I love Brett Favre, had several classes and MANY beers
with him back in college, but he is the master manipulator. He creates
his own weather. He manages to make news by simply dangling a phrase
out there in an interview that has nothing to do with a question, but gets
him back out there in front of Sportscenter viewers whenever he needs
people to remember he is still out there.
Love you Brett, but could care less what you do in the end.

Genetic Defect
08-18-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=513261&postcount=42
:D

Doctorossi
08-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm imagining some very Goldbergian mechanisms assembling themselves inside Vikings fans' heads right now. :r

ade06
08-18-2009, 11:23 AM
There goes the Vikings' season... Nevermind, they never have one to begin with.

WildBlueSooner
08-18-2009, 11:25 AM
:r I love it!

Kreth
08-18-2009, 11:28 AM
There goes the Vikings' season... Nevermind, they never have one to begin with.
Nah, they just had the leading rusher in the NFL and went to the playoffs. Not much of a season at all...

gettysburgfreak
08-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I am so sick of hearing about this mo fo. Shut the fuk up and stay retired

WildBlueSooner
08-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Nah, they just had the leading rusher in the NFL and went to the playoffs. Not much of a season at all...

:tpd: I think they will be ok

ade06
08-18-2009, 03:59 PM

I was refering to the blown 2009 season, not the glory days of 2008. :D

pnoon
08-18-2009, 04:50 PM
My butt itches.

:tpd:

I propose we ban Brett Favre from The Asylum - which would include all discussion about him.

ucla695
08-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I knew his 'retirement' was too good to be true.

BlackDog
08-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I think Favre coming to the Vi-Queens has everything to do with Zygi Wilf wanting a new stadium. Asd it stands now, Wilf has no shot of getting the Twin Cities public behind him to build a new stadium. But if Favre gets the team to win a few extra games, and gets further in the playoffs, Zygi has a better chance of getting a stadium. I suspect the additional ticket sales Favre creates will pay for his salary, so I really doubt Zygi is out any money. With a new stadium, the value of the Vikings goes up by hundreds of millions, which will make Zygi very happy.

Kreth
08-22-2009, 06:23 PM
As a lifetime Vikings fan, I say, "Go Giants!" I refuse to root for the Anti-Christ, and I hope someone "retires" him. :mad:

ratpack
08-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Enough is enough. I hope he gets the **** beat out of him.

Kreth
09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
So now Mr. Indecision is screwing the Jets as well, to the tune of $125k in fines. Will someone *please* retire his ass?
Posted via Mobile Device

yourchoice
01-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Love him or hate him, Favre is one tough son of a gun.

I was torn if I wanted him to play this year. Without a doubt I am glad he did. The dude can still play. I know he threw a pick at the end of the game, but it didn't cost them the game. They needed the yards for the kicker (would have been a 55-56 yarder).

Before he got beat the hell up in the NFC Championship I would have guessed he was coming back next year...but something tells me we won't know for sure until September. :r

My hat's off to you Brett.:cb

Now go Colts! Beat the Saints!

E.J.
01-24-2010, 10:18 PM
MVP season....one of his best ever. He played his a$$ off this year and is still one of the best QB's in the league. He has earned to be a bit of a prima donna, even if that rubs some the wrong way.

In the end, I will turn on the television to watch BF play football, that is more than I can say for Tavaris Jackson.....

I kind of wanted the Jets and Vikings, but could not care less that we have the Colts and Saints.... GO SAINTS GO!!!!

yachties23
01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Just a thought....

The last two drives hes run in the playoffs, both NFC championship games, he threw two INTs, both of which cost his team a chance to win.

IMO the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL.

I hope he retires, I'm tired of his act, and his selfishness.

Kreth
01-24-2010, 10:25 PM
I know he threw a pick at the end of the game, but it didn't cost them the game. They needed the yards for the kicker (would have been a 55-56 yarder).
He could've run for 6 or 7 yards which would've put them back inside Longwell's range. In the replay from the spider cam, it also looked like he had someone open (Shiancoe, I think) about 8 yds downfield near the sideline.

Before he got beat the hell up in the NFC Championship I would have guessed he was coming back next year...but something tells me we won't know for sure until September. :r
And we're back to my biggest argument against the Vikes signing Favre: who takes over under center if he's really done? Has he been enough of a mentor that Jackson will take over as a capable young franchise QB?
Posted via Mobile Device

E.J.
01-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I hope he retires, I'm tired of his act, and his selfishness.

By his act....I assume you mean his MVP like season.... 33-7-4202 Taking his team to 12 wins and the NFC Championship game....

I am always a bit perplexed about why people wish for someone to retire when they are playing at the top of the game..... We are not talking Tony Dorsett with the Broncos.... BF had an AMAZING season.... Would you have preferred to have Tavaris under center....?

E.J.
01-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Kreth, I agree....he could have run and probably picked up close to 10 yards....especially if he would have sacrificed his body. That would have put the Vikings in position to win the game with a very makeable field goal....

But hindsight is always easy for us.... I assume he thought he had that throw.... It was a costly turnover, there is no questioning that.

Let me clarify, I am not a Brett Favre fan.... I am a fan of good football and BF brings it every week. I shake my head at those that worry about his controlling his future, like it is not his right to do so.

Kreth
01-24-2010, 11:13 PM
For me, I want the Vikes to have a good season. What's going to happen if Favre is done. Will Jackson step up and take advantage of a receiving corps that really showed some talent this year? Or will we stumble along for another 10 years or so?
Posted via Mobile Device

yachties23
01-25-2010, 05:23 AM
By his act....I assume you mean his MVP like season.... 33-7-4202 Taking his team to 12 wins and the NFC Championship game....

I am always a bit perplexed about why people wish for someone to retire when they are playing at the top of the game..... We are not talking Tony Dorsett with the Broncos.... BF had an AMAZING season.... Would you have preferred to have Tavaris under center....?

Look at it from this perspective:

The reason he wanted out of Green Bay was because they didn't trade for Randy Moss. So he pulled that retire, un-retire BS and put the Packers in a terrible spot. If they didn't let Rogers play, odds are he walks after one more season under Brett.

So he forces their hand, and they trade him grudgingly to the Jets. Farve goes, but he really wants to play for the Vikings, Packers won't allow that to happen and put in several clauses in the deal that will cost the Jets massive draft picks if they trade him to Minny. Favre leads the jets to 8-3, than basically falls apart, throwing pick after pick after pick. He continues to start every game, preserving his precious consecutive start streak. Jets miss the playoffs, and Favre retires. Jets trade up in the draft and get Mark Sanchez, needing salary cap, Favre tells the Jets, cut me, I'll sign a one day deal with the packers and retire a packer. He never does. He heads over to Minny after training camp is over. He worked the Jets into that move, suffer one year, get to get to your ultimate goal.

I will not take anything away from his talent. He has a great arm, and is tough as nails. People are saying "the vikes wouldn't be there without Brett."
I agree, but Brett also threw the game away, just like 3 years ago against the Giants in the NFC championship. Just like Five years ago to Vick and the Falcons. I've see him hand away more big games with stupid throws than hes won with great throws.

0002S
01-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Hall of Fame QBs have great records. GREAT Hall of Fame QBs win big games and multiple Super Bowls.

Farve will fall between Sims/Marino and Montana/Elway/Bradshaw.

Hall of Fame....SURE! Best ever...not even close

Bruins Fan
01-25-2010, 07:01 AM
OK so how many knew Farve would implode?
I did for sure, history repeats it self.
The only good thing about the Vikes loss is we don't have to listen to Farve talk for two weeks :banger

Starscream
01-25-2010, 08:11 AM

My thoughts exactly. I don't have any beef with the man. He's been a helluva QB this year.

Wanger
01-25-2010, 08:23 AM
He played as expected last night, making a horrendously bad decision to snatch deafeat from the jaws of victory. I expected more of that from him this year, and just wish he would have done it in the regular season, rather than now. The heartbreak of being a Vikings fan. :(

Kreth
01-25-2010, 08:49 AM
I am *not* a Favre fan, but the Vikes lost due to officiating, not one turnover. That game should never have gone to OT.
Posted via Mobile Device

yourchoice
01-25-2010, 09:06 AM
He could've run for 6 or 7 yards which would've put them back inside Longwell's range. In the replay from the spider cam, it also looked like he had someone open (Shiancoe, I think) about 8 yds downfield near the sideline.
As for running the ball, the guy was hobbling around on a bad wheel...I'm guessing a high ankle sprain. I just watched the replay on nfl.com...I am guessing he could have gotten a two yard gain. A D-lineman was 3 yards from him when he was still 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Once he committed to throw The linebackers would have closed toward him (they were about 7 yards behind the line). So if the defense didn't move, he would have picked up 6-7 yds. Unfortunately, that wouldn't have happened. And Shiancoe looked covered to me until he let go of the ball that was ultimately intercepted.
And we're back to my biggest argument against the Vikes signing Favre: who takes over under center if he's really done? Has he been enough of a mentor that Jackson will take over as a capable young franchise QB?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think the Viking brass realize that Jackson is not a starting NFL QB. At least they should! :r If I were them I'd draft someone to groom, or, if Favre retires, trade for someone different. It would be interesting if my beloved Eagles were willing to trade McNabb to the Vikings for draft picks. Unlike most of my Eagle brethren, I think McNabb is a very good QB still, but for the first time, I can see trading him as a viable option.

I shake my head at those that worry about his controlling his future, like it is not his right to do so.

I agree 100%. Especially when he has proven to be more than capable playing.

srduggins
01-25-2010, 11:00 AM
I have to agree with the last two posts.

I don't listen to all the hoopla around Brett, so it doesn't bother me. All I know is that I enjoyed watching the vikings play football this year.

macpappy
01-25-2010, 01:02 PM
AMBER ALERT!!!!! A Retirement home in Minnesota is looking for an elderly man that is off his medication. He's very Delusional, he thinks he can play football. DESCRPTION: 6’2”tall 222lbs AGE-OLDER THAN DIRT.Goes by Farve,Last seen in New Orleans wearing a Vikings jersey if see him please call 911 ASAP he needs HELP!

Kreth
01-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
01-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Gee mister, yer funny.

NOT! :rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

shvictor
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
If favre retires the Vikes have to start all over again

kelmac07
01-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Not this circus again.

BlackDog
01-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Naw, he's got 13,000,000 reasons to come back next season.
Posted via Mobile Device