PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, long post on bodily pain - thanks :)

kzm007
08-16-2009, 09:23 AM
I hope you'll all forgive my tone if this post sounds rude or irritable or whiny. I'm in a lot of pain right now, with my back and my neck especially.

The doctor has me on 2mg of generic Valium, a generic antidepressant, and Prilosec. Muscle spasms, mood, and something causing acid reflux in general.

I see a chiropractor thrice a week, but going back to school, it's not gonna last, and I know I won't pursue it. Plus, I have cerebral palsy (spastic diplegia somewhat), so walking is just...sigh lol I know I should do it, but I just don't feel like it, and there's nothing around here to see when I do move.

I'm so P'Od right now, I'd probably hit the first person I saw, just...meh.

Anyway, folks :) question. What's a good neck massage device, preferably one that's not on batteries, I can use on myself? Or maybe rechargeable ones if batteries are necessary? Something good that I can either buy and know will work, or get a script for maybe from someone?

It's not convenient for me to make appointments every time something goes wrong, I'm just so annoyed with my medical conditions right now, although, I know most of my doctors, if not all, are trying and willing to help me, and things always take time.

Exercise is not my friend. My back hurts, I'm sad, my neck hurts, I'm sad. When I get my feet checked out (I walk on my toes, my heels are so tight) I just know walking won't be such a burden, but my life is bad in general. Everyone's is, in a way, but you know what I mean.

I'm only 20. I know kids with worse, but it's still awful, ya know? :(

Feel free to post here or PM if anyone cares to chime in. At the moment, I just don't care, maybe my problems can help someone else if they're in a public forum :) thanks for listening to me complain.

Kegan

sikk50
08-16-2009, 01:55 PM
I know your pain! Ever since my truck accident ( http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3337&highlight=truck+accident ) I'll wake up randomly and not be able to move. I have a perscription for some type of muscle relaxent but the doctor said "these will make you stupid." Being that I have a job where I need my whits about me I cant take these. I don't know much about back massagers, but you might try some Kava tea.

kzm007
08-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Mom told me the same thing; she doesn't want me on Valium because she thinks I'll get addicted/be groggy for school.

I told her, any pain relaxant is gonna relax ya :D make ya all goofy. After today, I don't care at all about school, I just want to feel good.

Ironically, without taking any 'killers today...maybe I had 1mg, don't recall...I just slept for five hours. That and it's a warm one here in PA. Must be about 80 something, at least.

I oddly recall reading about your accident before I think, and I'm sorry for ya. Amazing what the human body can do after it's screwed up, isn't it?

I'll look into the Kava, I used to know about it.

Thanks for the input, Chris, and anything I can do, let me know. If anyone else has a suggestion, pop on in! :tu

Kegan

tobii3
08-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Amazing what the human body can do after it's screwed up, isn't it?

how's the joke go??

Recovery is 90% mental and 50% physical...:r

Hang in there grasshopper.

MedicCook
08-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Good luck with everything Kegan. The only massage device I can recommend is Swedish and she does not need batteries.

elderboy02
08-16-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't know anything about massagers, but good luck with everything and hang in there :)

G G
08-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Hope you feel better.