PDA

View Full Version : Oliva MB1

heavyd
08-15-2009, 04:19 PM
After searching for months, I finally secured a fiver of these on c-bid for $80. They have been in the mini for a few months at 65. I have smoked 2 of the five. The first one was good, I think... I was drinking heavily that night and don't remember the finer points :D. This one, the second, was sublime. This was, by far, the best Oliva I've had thus far.

When I removed the cello I could smell the tobacco before I even brought the cigar to my nose. Very rich, strong tobacco scent, mostly fresh produce aroma. The burn was fantastic throughout. I may have smoked this beauty a bit fast, but it never got hot. The smoothness of this Nic puro was something to behold. The flavors I could detect were leather, coffee, and nuts at different points. I'm a 18 month newbie, and I can't always describe complex flavors, but wow!

As you can see from the photos, the cigar began to disintegrate at about the halfway point. I smoke outdoors in the desert East of San Diego and humidity is 10% right now. Despite the dry environment and subsequent meltdown, this thing smoked perfectly to the very end. The photos are kinda scary, but man o man, if all my NC's tasted this good I would gladly take the ugly wrapper every time.

I have three of these left and if someone wants to try one, I'm game for a trade. This is my first review and I hope you enjoyed it :)

Dave

okieRob
08-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the review. I'm a big "V" fan. I'm going to keep my eye out for some of these.

- Rob

SkinsFanLarry
08-21-2009, 03:09 AM
All things considered, that cigar originally came out in 2003, and I agree with you, it is a great smoke. To me it definately proves what age will do to a cigar, from a damn good smoke into an excellant smoke!

I have always considered it one of my "Crown Jewels" of cigars. I currently have two robusto's and two torpedo's.

DougBushBC
08-21-2009, 06:15 AM
I have a 1/2 box of torpedos still sitting around that I found from a B&M randomly. They are supreme smokes.

kelmac07
08-21-2009, 06:17 AM
How do these compare to the regular Oliva stuff? This is another discontinued stick right?

BlackIrish
08-21-2009, 07:49 AM
You're a lucky bastid to find these. Thanks for the review!

DougBushBC
08-21-2009, 08:30 AM
How do these compare to the regular Oliva stuff? This is another discontinued stick right?

Much more complex, different than the other two MBs, not exactly BETTER just diferent, they are all unique.

It has been discontinued since 2003

Don Fernando
08-22-2009, 04:53 AM

/me taking notes, Mac never had a MB1