PDA

View Full Version : Counterfeit Swishers and Black and Mild's

akumushi
08-15-2009, 02:02 PM
I find it pretty hilarious that someone actually bothered to counterfeit Swisher Sweets and Black and Milds. I didn't think that cigars got any worse than that, but apparently the "Dank" from India is an obvious fake to the Swisher connaisseur. And I thought fauxhibas were frightening! :confused:

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/07/jeffco_authorities_uncover_cig.html

Poe
08-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I was worried about this story when I first heard about it a few weeks ago, then I found the details and which cigars they were counterfiting and couldn't help but LMAO.

The Poet
08-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. Not only are these 2 big sellers (not to us, mind, but still), but the customers who purchase them are likely not as knowledgeable as we feel we are, and further may not even care as long as the price is right and the taste is comparable to their "unsophisticated" palates. If the market is there, someone will exploit it if they can. Just :2

Dunkel
08-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Most of those cigars get gutted for you know what anyhow. How could a machine made El Crapola get much worse?

theonlybear4CORT
08-15-2009, 04:50 PM
No wonder my swisher last night was a little off :hm

Steve
08-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Wow...don't tell GGainey :ss

I find it pretty hilarious that someone actually bothered to counterfeit Swisher Sweets and Black and Milds. I didn't think that cigars got any worse than that, but apparently the "Dank" from India is an obvious fake to the Swisher connaisseur. And I thought fauxhibas were frightening! :confused:

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/07/jeffco_authorities_uncover_cig.html

WildBlueSooner
08-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Just goes to show you...people will counterfeit anything they can make any money off

ucla695
08-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. Not only are these 2 big sellers (not to us, mind, but still),...... If the market is there, someone will exploit it if they can. Just :2
:tpd: You beat me to it!!

No wonder my swisher last night was a little off :hm

:r :r

Silound
08-15-2009, 10:28 PM

The Jefferson County investigation began in March when a consumer that purchased them recognized the lack of quality and sent them back to Swisher International, said sheriff's spokesman Lt. Randy Christian.

This is the part where I died and went to hell for laughing so hard I fell off my chair. :r:r

Steve
08-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Swisher and quality. Not exactly what you expect to hear in one sentance...

This is the part where I died and went to hell for laughing so hard I fell off my chair. :r:r

Snake Hips
08-17-2009, 10:54 PM
"The customer unknowingly purchased a counterfeit Swisher Sweet Cigarillos Cigar, found it to be of poor quality, and became disappointed with the Swisher Sweet brand," Ryan said. "That disappointment in Swisher has the potential to ruin the brand's reputation."

Really? I wonder what the counterfeit tasted like to be disappointed in a Swisher...

Genetic Defect
08-17-2009, 11:40 PM
J. Thomas Ryan, president of Swisher International, said the real victims are the customers. :r true on many levels

Silound
08-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Really? I wonder what the counterfeit tasted like to be disappointed in a Swisher...

Dead grass rolled in a greasy paper grocery sack?

Oh wait, that's Gurkha's I'm thinking of, my bad!