PDA

View Full Version : IPCPR Convention report?

macpappy
08-15-2009, 06:07 AM
How about a report from all those who attended the IPCPR in New Orleans?

macpappy
08-16-2009, 06:53 AM
bump

BengalMan
08-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Well, I can tell you my experience from the manufacturer side of things. This years show in New Orleans was less attended than Vegas, like always. However this year, it seemed much more the case that the retailers that did show up, came to buy. They were a lot more in tune with what was coming up, what was new, and what would be the next hot cigar in their shop. The Oliva/Nub/Cain booth was rocking all show. There weren't many parties this year, but one that I'll say was a blast that I got a chance to attend was the Cigar Press party which was hosted by Pete Johnson, Jonathon Drew, and Dion from Illusione. It was packed wall to wall and into the street with a who's who from the industry all attending. Thor really knew how to put a party together.

Some of the cigars that were receiving good reviews were: Room 101 by Camacho, Patel Brothers by Rocky Patel, Cain by Sam Leccia and Nosotros by Illusione and Drew Estate. Those were the ones I heard most about. The only one I haven't had a chance to smoke was the Nosotros. The others were all very good IMO.

Like I said, I wish I had more information for you all, but I was slammed in the booth working each day.

meadmaker
08-25-2009, 07:43 PM
This years show in New Orleans was less attended than Vegas, like always.

Everything is much more fun in vegas

macpappy
08-26-2009, 04:56 AM
Everything is much more fun in vegas

Judging by the number of responses from those who attended the IPCPR I would have to agree with that statement.

Either that or "What happens in New Orleans...YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT!!"