PDA

View Full Version : 5 Vegas Cask-Strength II Toro

Kreth
08-13-2009, 06:35 PM
I won a 5er of another stick on cbid a couple of weeks ago, and decided to pick this up as a single (for a decent price) and take advantage of the combined shipping.

Humidor time: 2 weeks

Prelight: The corojo wrapper looks nice, with minimal veins. Draw is a bit moderate, tasting of cedar with hints of spice.

Burn: The cigar had some burn issues, requiring several touch-ups. Ash was nice and firm. Draw was moderate. The burn time was about 65 minutes, which seemed quick for a toro. They usually last about an hour and a half for me.

Flavor: This cigar had a great flavor: cedar, oak, and a nice spice finish that kicked up a bit towards the end.

Summary: I really liked the flavor of this stick. I've been branching out to corojo wrappers lately, and I find they are a nice contrast to the maduros I smoke. I think the burn issues will go away with a bit more rest, but I couldn't wait to try it. I'll be picking up some more of these.

MajorCaptSilly
08-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I really enjoy these. They can be had on C-bid for low bucks. Thanks for the review!

MCS

streetglide
08-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the review Jeff. I've been wondering about those myself. :ss

kelmac07
08-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the review Jeff. I've been wondering about those myself. :ss

:tpd: Likewise. Thanks for the review.

Kreth
08-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks, guys. The last few times I've won an auction on cbid, I've added a single that I've been curious about. It's a great cheap way to try new sticks.
I got a Relic a few days ago that I'll probably review after a bit of rest.

Starscream
08-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Jeff, if you ever see the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte maduros, pick these up. MCS sent me one of the Cask Strength IIs as a blind stick, and I swore it was an ITSF maduro. I would pick up whichever was the cheaper of the two.:2 They taste almost the same.

Kreth
08-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Jeff, if you ever see the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte maduros, pick these up. MCS sent me one of the Cask Strength IIs as a blind stick, and I swore it was an ITSF maduro. I would pick up whichever was the cheaper of the two.:2 They taste almost the same.
You know, Andy, the ITSF Maduro is one of my go-to sticks, and I did find the Cask Strength similar. There's a slightly different flavor with the corojo wrapper vs. the maduro. But, they're both good sticks. :ss

Ratters
08-15-2009, 12:50 AM
I didn't care for the original cask strength. Are these the same? Better?

Kreth
08-15-2009, 01:48 AM
I didn't care for the original cask strength. Are these the same? Better?
I can't answer that. I never got to try the original. Anyone else?

gfriend
08-21-2009, 09:36 AM
the ITSF Maduro is also a favorite of mine!
I have had a few Cask II but never compared them