PDA

View Full Version : Dan Hamborger Veermaster tin -vs- bulk

RevSmoke
08-11-2009, 01:41 PM
OK, who has had this both ways.

I love the tinned stuff. Have a couple tins tucked away that have been there for a while. Haven't had any in a while, just because it is so bloody expensive.

I never was in bulk. Now, you can get it by the pound. Many times, bulk versions of tinned blends seem to pale in comparison.

For those of you who have had HV tinned and from bulk, how does the bulk compare? What would be your thoughts?

Mister Moo
08-11-2009, 02:32 PM
If you get a pound and I'll take two- to four ounces + shipping off your hands, Rev'oke. If a few more people feel the same we can all come to our own opinion. Howzabout it? I'd like to try the bulk myself.

RevSmoke
08-11-2009, 02:54 PM
If you get a pound and I'll take two- to four ounces + shipping off your hands, Rev'oke. If a few more people feel the same we can all come to our own opinion. Howzabout it? I'd like to try the bulk myself.

Mars Cigars & Pipes gets it by the pound for $34.95. Presently it is out of stock, so...

And, even if I get some, I don't know that I'd want to part with any of it, but store some in containers for sampling at different ages, to see how it ages.

nate560
08-11-2009, 06:19 PM
The bulk is very good I enjoy it very much. As far as I know Mars is the only place i've seen it in bulk thats where I get mine enjoy.

Benwoo
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Smokingpipes appears to have it for $6.96 a tin, granted not the bulk you were referring to. But at that tin price or the $35/lb you mentioned earlier I don't see it being all that spendy for a premium blend, then again I'm fresh in so I haven't seen the prices climbing. And I'm sorry to report I haven't tried it yet :(

Chris

RevSmoke
08-11-2009, 06:57 PM
The bulk is very good I enjoy it very much. As far as I know Mars is the only place i've seen it in bulk thats where I get mine enjoy.

How does it compare to the tinned version?