PDA

View Full Version : Bucanero Treasure

BlackDog
08-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Last night I smoked a Bucanero Treasure robusto. I knew nothing of the origins of this cigar (aside that it was gifted to me by Garbandz :tu ) until I looked it up on the Bucanero website 5 minutes ago. Had I not looked, I would have guessed this to be a Dominican maduro. The wrapper was dark and shiny, construction was excellent, and the flavor was mild with a sweet cinnamon flavor in the background. After checking their website, I see this is a Costa Rican puro. Here is the description from their website:

The Bucanero Treasures of Costa Rica is the highest rated Costa Rica Puro in the last 12 years. This "hidden treasure" of a cigar reminds many old timers of the way cigars were made prior to the Cuban embargo, with premium long leaf tobacco as it was grown and harvested before 1962.

Its rich cedar flavor with subtle spices and a unique smoothness takes you on a journey back to "Old Cuba", with classic earthy and woodsy "Havana" notes at its base. The old-style tobaccos used in the making of this puro are grown on a small Costa Rica "fina" from 1948 Cuban seed and aged for at least five years.
Personally, I thought the cigar was good, but unremarkable. It would be a nice morning cigar with coffee or tea. The cinnamon notes were pleasant. If someone handed me one of these again I'd gladly smoke it, but I don't think I'm going to rush out and buy a box.

Kreth
08-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the review. I like their Full Sail Maduro and Z.

BlackDog
08-10-2009, 08:38 AM
I haven't had the Full Sail Maduro, but the Z is outstanding.

kelmac07
08-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I've had the Full Sail Maduro and enjoyed it very much. Might have to give these others a try. Thanks for the tip!!