PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe movie

reggiebuckeye
08-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Any info? It came out on Friday and nothing posted yet. That is so not like CA. Help me out here. Is it worth it?

dubnick
08-09-2009, 01:57 PM
I actually heard it was horrible... but have yet to see it...

Someone else's :2 I guess

WildBlueSooner
08-09-2009, 01:59 PM
I am waiting to watch it. I loved GI Joe as I kid but the movie looked a little ridiculous. I hope I am wrong though.

reggiebuckeye
08-09-2009, 01:59 PM
I actually heard it was horrible... but have yet to see it...

Someone else's :2 I guess

It's a start. More info than I had before.

PeteSB75
08-10-2009, 07:25 AM
I saw it Friday. Was much better than expected, based on what I had heard. Lots of good action. Not much story or character development, but you didn't expect any, so you won't be disappointed. I liked it better than Transformers 2.

GoldnGT
08-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I watched it on Saturday night. The movie's effects were good, but it is not something that I would really care to see again. Poe and Xcytez went and saw it as well and they both loved it.

Wasn't the best movie of the summer, but also not the worst. my 2c.

TheTraveler
08-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I am waiting to watch it. I loved GI Joe as I kid but the movie looked a little ridiculous. I hope I am wrong though.

Those were my feelings too. I LOVED the cartoon show as a kid and if the ex-wife hadn't tossed ALL my Joes (and the 7 foot aircraft carrier too, the #*&$#*& ) I'd still be playing with them!!! Well, probably not, but I'd still like to have them.

My wife and I saw the movie yesterday. She didn't have any feelings about the toys/cartoons as a kid so she had an open mind and enjoyed it. I enjoyed it too but I kept thinking "Hawk wouldn't say that" or "Why does Snake Eyes' suit look like skin instead of a suit?" or stuff like that.

My opinion, watch it as an action movie and enjoy it but don't expect that same old nostalgic GI Joe feeling to come back - it just ain't in that movie. My :2

PeteSB75
08-10-2009, 09:53 AM
My final contribution:

http://imgur.com/A6WZW.png

dubnick
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I think I may have to see it... I did love G I Joe's as a kid, and even though the reviews haven't been amazing, I feel like I'm "obligated" to see it.

Darrell
08-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I will likely catch this movie on DVD, unless I go to the theater and their is nothing else to see. I loved G.I. Joe as a kid, but something about this movie is just ehhh not me.

Genetic Defect
08-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Those were my feelings too. I LOVED the cartoon show as a kid and if the ex-wife hadn't tossed ALL my Joes (and the 7 foot aircraft carrier too, the #*&$#*& ) I'd still be playing with them!!! Well, probably not, but I'd still like to have them.

My wife and I saw the movie yesterday. She didn't have any feelings about the toys/cartoons as a kid so she had an open mind and enjoyed it. I enjoyed it too but I kept thinking "Hawk wouldn't say that" or "Why does Snake Eyes' suit look like skin instead of a suit?" or stuff like that.

My opinion, watch it as an action movie and enjoy it but don't expect that same old nostalgic GI Joe feeling to come back - it just ain't in that movie. My :2

always wanted that

rack04
08-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Everything I've heard about this movie has been BAD. I mean REALLY bad. I'll probably wait till it comes out on Blu-ray. FWIW, I loved Transformers 1 and 2 so I may actually be entertained by GI Joe.

Genetic Defect
08-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm guessing that if you go expecting an action movie it should be good.

Starscream
08-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I played with GI Joes as a child, but never got into the cartoon. So I won't be too dissapointed if the movie doesn't cross over as well as Transformers did.

Jbailey
08-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I will likely catch this movie on DVD, unleshttp://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=503164s I go to the theater and their is nothing else to see. I loved G.I. Joe as a kid, but something about this movie is just ehhh not me.

Same here Darrell. I loved The cartoon and toys as a kid and kinda feel that the only thing in common is the title G.I. Joe and the names of the characters.

always wanted that
I dreamed of having that damn aircraft carrier as a kid too!

Starscream
08-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I dreamed of having that damn aircraft carrier as a kid too!

I had Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain! Always wanted the carrier too, but the He-Man sets took up my room.

Genetic Defect
08-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I had Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain! Always wanted the carrier too, but the He-Man sets took up my room.

small room.:confused:

The Poet
08-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Haven't seen it and likely won't - until the DVD anyway. Your best judgement might come after the 2nd weekend take - if it drops from $56 million to, say, $15, then skip it.

Starscream
08-10-2009, 01:08 PM
small room.:confused:

I shared the cupboard under the stairs with Harry Potter.;)

Genetic Defect
08-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I shared the cupboard under the stairs with Harry Potter.;)

:r

ucla695
08-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I was a huge fan of the cartoon and action figures as a kid. I have to say that it's hard getting amped about the movie based on the trailers. Kinda looks a little lack luster to me. That said, if I see it, it'll be at a $9 matinee. :D I'll wait to hear more reviews before I decide. :confused:

Savor the Stick
08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I give it a: :tu +1
I liked it.

Starscream
08-30-2009, 03:43 PM
A whole lot better than I thought it would be. The previews made it look horrible. I thought it was gonna be a movie where the Joes wore those suits the whole film. They were only in the suits for about ten minutes. Quite good. Anxiously awaiting the second film to come out.