PDA

View Full Version : Billy mays secret?

catfish2
08-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I just heard this morning that Billy Mays tested positive for cocaine during his autopsy. Does this explain all that energy he had? Considering all those things that they sell on TV has to have a rhyming catch phrase, could his next ad have been for an energy supplement called "cocaine for the brain"?

What, Too soon?

Skywalker
08-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Too Bad!!!

Don't know what that means for his family and insurance and all???

MedicCook
08-08-2009, 09:58 AM
The family should be fine when it comes to the insurance.

ucla695
08-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Sad to hear this.

Too Bad!!!

Don't know what that means for his family and insurance and all???

No kidding. I hope he saved some of what he earned.

Sr Mike
08-08-2009, 10:12 AM
There was also three different pain meds and two different anti-anxiety drugs found in his body. From what I read, the family is going to have another autopsy done.

md4958
08-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I have a booth at the local fair for the bakery, I deal with these pitch-people for 17 days every year. They are all coked out of their minds. They make a ton of money doing what they do and most of them just snort it all up their noses. It doesnt help the fact that thier bosses supply them with it. So not only do the bosses make money selling it to their employees, but the employees increase their productivity because they need to buy more coke.

elderboy02
08-08-2009, 10:27 AM
I always wondered why he had so much energy 24/7.

I guess we know why now.

kelmac07
08-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Very sad. :(

chippewastud79
08-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Financially, I am sure his family will be fine. If he really didn't save anything, I am sure they could sell his airplane and Bentley for a few extra dollars.

To say that he was always 'coked out of his mind' is likely assumptions. People do have a lot of energy, they can keep a facade on when in front of the camera. All we see is a 30 second to 3 minute commercial. In the 'Pitchmen' show he seemed to be very reserved and calm outside of pitching.

Everyone has their demons and vices, maybe Billy Mays' was coke. There are plenty of high up people (celebrities, actors/actresses, athletes, CEO's etc.) that have vices and use drugs, and probably even more than the next guy.

Bottom line is, its still tragic that he died relatively young, regardless of the circumstances and the situations surrounding his personal life. :2

dunng
08-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Sure it was coke and not oxiclean? :D

SeanGAR
08-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Unsubstantiated rumors planted by RC Cola fans.

Starscream
08-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Billy Mays here, and do I have a new product for you. From the makers of OxiClean, it's Cocaine!

Genetic Defect
08-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Sure it was coke and not oxiclean? :D

oxiclean was used to cut it?

Parshooter
08-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Oxiclean burns, man :banger

VirtualSmitty
08-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Everyone has their demons and vices, maybe Billy Mays' was coke. There are plenty of high up people (celebrities, actors/actresses, athletes, CEO's etc.) that have vices and use drugs, and probably even more than the next guy.

Bottom line is, its still tragic that he died relatively young, regardless of the circumstances and the situations surrounding his personal life. :2

:tpd: He was about to go through with a hip replacement too.

ChicagoWhiteSox
08-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Billy Mays here, and do I have a new product for you. From the makers of OxiClean, it's Cocaine!

:r

Savor the Stick
08-09-2009, 01:28 AM
What's sad is I read that he left a wife, older son and a 3 year old daughter.....that really sucks for them, that he couldn't his addiction and the kid grows up without a father.

SeanGAR
08-09-2009, 06:38 AM
"Never trust anybody that dyes their beard" my momma used to say.

tobii3
08-09-2009, 07:20 AM
He was also taking hydrocodone, oxycodone and tramadol by prescription for hip pain. He was preparing to have his third hip surgery in 18 months and took medication for the chronic pain, Deborah Mays' news release said.

Hydrocodone - Vicodin

Oxycodone - Percocet

Tramadol - Ultram

Funny......I have ALL of those drugs in my cabinet and I am routinely prescribed them.....And you know what?? They ALL SHOW UP IN A ROUTINE URINALYSIS.

Guess what?? They are Opiates. If I were to burn in on a jump, the autopsy would show the SAME result for me.

However, Mays was not intoxicated by any of the drugs when he died in his home, according to the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner

Funny how NO ONE has pointed this out yet......but look how quick they jumped on the cocaine bandwagon..... :(

catfish2
08-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I always wondered why he had so much energy 24/7.

I guess we know why now.

I always woundered what brand of spray paint he used on his hair and beard.

Captain Crunch
08-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Maybe if Billy Mays would've became a CA Fan, he wouldn't have to resort to Cocaine!!! Just a thought?

ucla695
08-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Well, maybe an anti-drug message could be his greatest pitch. :confused:

icehog3
08-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Well, maybe an anti-drug message could be his greatest pitch. :confused:

Only if it's already in the can....no new pitches coming from Mays.

SeanGAR
08-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Funny how NO ONE has pointed this out yet......but look how quick they jumped on the cocaine bandwagon..... :(

They identified COCAINE in his system. That is not an opiate and it is not confusable with the other drugs he was prescribed in any analysis worth anything.

Kreth
08-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Maybe if Billy Mays would've became a CA Fan, he wouldn't have to resort to Cocaine!!! Just a thought?
Yeah, we would've just had to deal with a bunch of reviews typed ALL IN CAPS. :r

tobii3
08-09-2009, 08:49 PM
They identified COCAINE in his system. That is not an opiate and it is not confusable with the other drugs he was prescribed in any analysis worth anything.

Great job quoting...did you BOTHER to read right above that??

However, Mays was not intoxicated by any of the drugs when he died in his home, according to the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner

Nah, that would be too easy, right??

:rolleyes:

Genetic Defect
08-09-2009, 08:51 PM

he did drugs he is dead lets move on, that is simple right?

SeanGAR
08-10-2009, 07:32 AM

He had taken coke recently.

The fact that he wasn't actively snorting when he died is immaterial. Your post added nothing that wasn't obvious from the reports, and your apologetic tone and comment about prescription drugs is what is called a red herring.

He used coke and it probably contributed to his death. But don't take my word for it, ask the medical examiner.

He wasn't snorting when he died .. but cocaine use causes damage to the heart and increases the risk of heart attack. Ask John Entwistle.

landhoney
08-10-2009, 08:29 AM
"Never trust anybody that dyes their beard" my momma used to say.

:r Made me lol!

Starz26
08-10-2009, 08:38 AM
If he used coke routinely then that could be a leading cause of his heart disease or at least make it worse.....

With that in mind, I remember seeing an episode of pitchmen where is daughter was on the show, I think the one where billy was wearing the Armour.. It breaks my heart to know that little girl has to grow up without her dad, and now is even worse that the media is making the last memories about him relate to drug use....

Regardless of what the man did or did not do, he had a family, seemed to be a good father, and transformed his profession. He seemed to be a good man by all other rights. Yes he made some bad choices that probably shortened his life. Some of us here are doing the same thing by smoking cigars (slim chance). We all have skeletons in our closet and I can only hope we are remembered for our more prevalent qualities and not our skeletons.

Let the man rest in peace......

SeanGAR
08-10-2009, 10:36 AM
It breaks my heart to know that little girl has to grow up without her dad, and now is even worse that the media is making the last memories about him relate to drug use....

I agree with you.

If I died unexpectedly, my family would probably have to deal with the publicity surrounding the cops finding the largest cache of midget monkey ornpay (known to man and simian alike) in my sock drawer.

Who'd want your last memory to be something negative like that (negative meaning I wasn't sharing).

Starz26
08-10-2009, 11:08 AM
finding the largest cache of midget monkey ornpay (known to man and simian alike) in my sock drawer.

Hello brother!:dr

:hn