PDA

View Full Version : It's better to give....

kgoings
08-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Anyone out there get really excited about giving gifts? I do! I get so excited when I get someone something that I think they are really going to like that I can barely keep it in. I have ruined many a gift cause I was so excited about the gift that I let it slip :(

I just bought my 13 yr old daughter her birthday gift and I HAVE to tell someone! I got her a 22 inch Visio LCD TV and wall mount. She has never had a TV in her room and she is SUCH a good kid! :tu

Maybe I will be able to keep it a secret till the end of the month! Thanks for listening! :wo

dubnick
08-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I love buying gifts...

I just bought my good friend (I'm the best man in his upcoming wedding) a nice selection of cigars and a Xikar cutter... he loved it.

kelmac07
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I am sure you daughter will be ecstatic!!!

ucla695
08-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Nice gift!! I love helping brighten peoples day. :)

68TriShield
08-07-2009, 10:08 AM
You are a much nicer Dad than I was when my boys were younger.. :)

kgoings
08-07-2009, 12:58 PM
You are a much nicer Dad than I was when my boys were younger.. :)

She's a good kid, and she spends 4 hours a day at the gym...everyday. So some sitting back and relaxing in her room isnt gonna make her fat and lazy lol.

Mugen910
08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I prefer giving over taking...especially when it's a surprise.

68TriShield
08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
She's a good kid, and she spends 4 hours a day at the gym...everyday. So some sitting back and relaxing in her room isnt gonna make her fat and lazy lol.

Excellent Kirk :D

kgoings
08-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Excellent Kirk :D

I wrestled from pre-K through my 1st year of college...and she works harder than I did lol. On her own accord too, she wants to goto college with Gymnastics.

Now my youngest I think wants to be a professional couch potato. lol

ahc4353
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Very nice. I am blessed with hard working kids as well so I know how you feel.

ActionAndy
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't mean to brag but I am an excellent gift giver. I'm also extraordinarily handsome and snappy with a joke (but that's mostly irrelevant). You're right, a gift with some thought behind it means quite a bit. I sometimes feel a bit "cheap" giving standard gifts--chocolate, flowers, etc. I really like to give something that would have only come from me, and only for that person. For my friend Ray's birthday this year I donated a flock of ducks to some african nation. I mean how strange is that lol...

kgoings
08-07-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't mean to brag but I am an excellent gift giver. I'm also extraordinarily handsome and snappy with a joke (but that's mostly irrelevant). You're right, a gift with some thought behind it means quite a bit. I sometimes feel a bit "cheap" giving standard gifts--chocolate, flowers, etc. I really like to give something that would have only come from me, and only for that person. For my friend Ray's birthday this year I donated a flock of ducks to some african nation. I mean how strange is that lol...

Thats actually really cool, and something you will never forget!

Mugen910
08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Now my youngest I think wants to be a professional couch potato. lol

Tell that child the pay sucks..trust me!

kgoings
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Tell that child the pay sucks..trust me!

LOL

Mugen910
08-07-2009, 01:31 PM
LOL

I believe the quote is "Don't stay in bed unless you're making $$ there"

*don't tell your kid that*