PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have to deal with Progressive Repairs?

BUCASmoker
08-02-2009, 12:50 PM
I had my car repaired after an accident a few months back, when I got hit in my driver's side front wheel.

They repaired everything and all the repairs came with a 100% guarantee for the life of the car.

Today, on my drive from Boston to Newport, the shield that is in the wheel well sheared off because there was a crack on the underside of the bumper, and I ended up tearing the shield apart before I could get off the highway. As of now, its held together by duct tape.

Technically, that was repaired by the body shop... I just don't know the process of getting it re-repaired. Any advice?

BUCASmoker
08-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Guess not?

SeanGAR
08-02-2009, 05:49 PM

They repaired everything and all the repairs came with a 100% guarantee for the life of the car.

Technically, that was repaired by the body shop... I just don't know the process of getting it re-repaired. Any advice?

Go back to the shop and get it fixed? Sounds like something that they didn't put on right. You won't be filing an insurance claim, the work they did is between you and them and is guaranteed ... so just go back.

Cigary
08-02-2009, 06:46 PM
If the first repair work was done with a 100% guarantee,,,where's the problem?

BUCASmoker
08-02-2009, 07:06 PM
My question is how responsive Progressive is with these types of claims.

The guarantee is through Progressive - they guarantee for the life of the car that any repair that is made at one of their sanctioned shops will last, or they'd fix it. But, knowing how insurance companies work, I am sure that they would much rather not pay to have it fixed, and make me foot the bill.

So I am asking how much of a headache it will be for me to get them to fix it.

ChasDen
08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Progressive Repairs; from the insurance co. Progressive?

Did you take it to a "claim center" where they repaired it instead of a reg. body shop?

If so we just had our daughters car repaired at one a few weeks back.

2K in repairs and it cost her $500 (her deductible).

They did a fine job, backed it up and were very pleasant to work with. If that's what you are talking about just take it back and explain it to them like you did us.

Hope it works out :tu

Chas

BUCASmoker
08-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Progressive Repairs; from the insurance co. Progressive?

Did you take it to a "claim center" where they repaired it instead of a reg. body shop?

If so we just had our daughters car repaired at one a few weeks back.

2K in repairs and it cost her $500 (her deductible).

They did a fine job, backed it up and were very pleasant to work with. If that's what you are talking about just take it back and explain it to them like you did us.

Hope it works out :tu

Chas
I took it to a body shop, but it is one of the shops that is on their list of "Approved Shops", which basically just means that the insurance company settles everything and I just need to show up and pick up the car.

But, as I can see, they didn't do a very good job, and I want it fixed.

icehog3
08-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I took it to a body shop, but it is one of the shops that is on their list of "Approved Shops", which basically just means that the insurance company settles everything and I just need to show up and pick up the car.

But, as I can see, they didn't do a very good job, and I want it fixed.

I don't think the insurance company will have to pay a thing...the body shop messed it up, and they should fix it for free (without further compensation from Progressive).

kelmac07
08-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't think the insurance company will have to pay a thing...the body shop messed it up, and they should fix it for free (without further compensation from Progressive).

:tpd: The work they did is guaranteed through your insurance company, shouldn't be a problem to take it back and have it corrected. A year ago I had someone hit me from behind, body shop fixed my vehicle and a day later I noticed a hole near the bumber. They fixed it with no questions asked. Good luck.