PDA

View Full Version : forbidden x

jerseystepup
07-31-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm posting this from my phone so I hope it goes through ok. I'm vacatioing with my GF in wildwood NJ. And tonight got into a herf with a few guys in the hotel. Long story short I was gifted by one of the guys I was smoking with a 2006 opus forbidden X. I believe a robusto. I in turn gave him a PSD4. Can anyone give me some info on this stick? I'm familiar with the regular opus only. Thanks guys

Scottw
07-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Um, that's freekin awesome! I tried the 04 and it was deelish. what a great gift!

sikk50
08-01-2009, 01:28 AM
I have one sleeping for my college graduation :tu

jerseystepup
08-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Yea this cigar looks absolutly amazing! What makes it different than the regular release? Anyone have any experience with this stick? How's the size? The year?

Stick
08-01-2009, 06:11 AM
http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-991

streetglide
08-01-2009, 06:11 AM
The website doesn't say how it's different, just that it's a limited release. They come 4 to a box at a very reasonable $150 a box.:( I hope they mean yen and not dollers. :r

Enjoy it. :ss

Doctorossi
08-01-2009, 07:13 AM
I don't have absolute certainty, but it's always been my understanding that the difference is in band and price-tag only. Enjoy!

jerseystepup
08-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Yea? Truth to this?

ucla695
08-01-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't have absolute certainty, but it's always been my understanding that the difference is in band and price-tag only. Enjoy!

I think the blend is slightly different and the tobacco is aged longer.

These cigars have a sun grown corojo wrapper, grown at Chateau d'Fuente; the wrapper is from the same plant (but from the top pruning) as the Ashton ESGs. These limited edition puros are slightly subtler than the Opus X, with tobacco that is aged up to 10 years, and is finished by curing it in Calvados barrels, imbuing a unique taste to the tobacco.

Doctorossi
08-01-2009, 09:35 AM
I think the blend is slightly different and the tobacco is aged longer.

That would be nice. I'm not so into the manufactured-exclusivity-for-exclusivity's-sake thang.

The Poet
08-01-2009, 11:57 AM
That would be nice. I'm not so into the manufactured-exclusivity-for-exclusivity's-sake thang.

:tpd: But then again, the only Opus, VSG, etc. I've ever smoked have been gifts, so WTF - if somebody else wants to pay the freight, that suits me just fine, thank you very much.

:ss

jerseystepup
08-01-2009, 10:05 PM
this stick also has the black opus label.. not sure if that has any signifigance

sikk50
08-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Other than looking totaly whicked, the Black label makes no difference other than distinguishing from standard opus

Pantherfan
08-02-2009, 10:41 AM
I smoked a forbidden X last year and thought that felt it was a bit "toned down" and smoother version of the Opus X. It definately tasted like it had a bit of age to it. It tasted slightly "sweet" to me.

Mirrorlure7m
08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I currently have 8 Forbidden X's left put away in my Vinotemp to sit for a few years to see how much better they can age. These cigars came in the 2008 release of Journey to Chateau de la Fuente around Christmas time the set had 4 Fuente Fuente Forbidden X, Toro 2004 in each box it was the "Black Box" and 1000 where released. I bought three of those Black Boxes . I have smoked 2of the Forbidden X's already with two of my good friends. The 2004 Forbidden X is alot different then an Opus X in my opinion. It is extremely smooth.

Mirrorlure7m
08-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I also have this link on some more info about the Journey to Chateau de la Fuente.. http://www.fuenteagedselection.com/main/product/journey2008.htm

Tio Gato
08-03-2009, 12:58 PM
The website doesn't say how it's different, just that it's a limited release. They come 4 to a box at a very reasonable $150 a box.:( I hope they mean yen and not dollers. :r

Enjoy it. :ss

I bought 4 from a B&M owner who got them from the Fuentes at an RTDA convention years ago. (15 bucks a piece:wo) I left two for some other brothers to buy, now I really regret that decision.
The bride bought me the 2008 black box, but I can't bring myself to smoke them.
I've smoked one of the older forbidden's, it definitely was flavorful and smooth. I can't tell if it's a different blend or just well aged. I'm thinking the later. As we say in Massachusetts, It was wicked good!