PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of dog rockets

dannyboy
07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Any suggestions?

I have an incoming shipment and need space, I have about 10-15 cigars that I will never smoke because they have no interest to me. They include Gurkhas, La Cuna, some fake CC, and other random sticks. I feel bad giving them away, as I would not smoke them myself. The question is, what do I do with them to get them out of the humi?

Emjaysmash
07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Send them to me! HA. or people you dont like.

Or even better, send thme to the troops. One man's dog rockets are another man's OpusX's.

pnoon
07-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Any suggestions?

I have an incoming shipment and need space, I have about 10-15 cigars that I will never smoke because they have no interest to me. They include Gurkhas, La Cuna, some fake CC, and other random sticks. I feel bad giving them away, as I would not smoke them myself. The question is, what do I do with them to get them out of the humi?

You have a couple of choices. Send them to macms or rrplasencia for the troops. Or pick an unsuspecting member and bomb them. :2

ChasDen
07-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Any suggestions?

:r One mans trash is another mans treasure.

I like Gurkhas never had a La Cuna and never seen a fake CC, so offer them up in the WTT/WTS forum, someone may want them :tu

Chas

TheBeard
07-27-2009, 06:07 PM
WTS/WTT, or bomb someone who has expressed interest in your sticks or some similar to yours. Or, of course, send to the troops :D

hotreds
07-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Troops!

Toasted Coastie
07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Troops dude....

heavyd
07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Give them to the troops and if they don't like 'em they can always bury them in the sand :tu

Old Sailor
07-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Troops!

:tu:tu

dannyboy
07-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. Troops was what I was thinking, but as I said, was unsure about sending cigars that I would not smoke myself. I think I will wait till the shipment comes in and throw in a few treats to make me feel better about sending them to the troops. Thanks again for the help!

Darrell
07-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Troops. :D

Don Fernando
07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I vote TROOPS too

tobii3
07-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I can tell you that the troops will smoke ANYTHING and EVERYTHING sent from home!!!

AD720
07-27-2009, 06:43 PM
I can tell you that the troops will smoke ANYTHING and EVERYTHING sent from home!!!

That is nice to know (especially from someone who has been there). I've been in the same boat as the OP, feeling like a heel for sending something that I wouldn't smoke.

Tenor CS
07-27-2009, 07:00 PM
I think the key point is the intent of the gift. There is nothing that says sticks you won't smoke are necessarily garbage sticks. The generosity of the giver is the key thing here.

When I first started in this hobby, I didn't have a lot of spare sticks to send out. I got an inexpensive bundle of 50 sticks and sent them to a soldier with whom I had struck up a friendship. I know that he appreciated them and shared them with his buddies.

As long as the intent is kind, the actual or perceived quality of the gift is, IMHO, secondary.

Volt
07-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. Troops was what I was thinking, but as I said, was unsure about sending cigars that I would not smoke myself. I think I will wait till the shipment comes in and throw in a few treats to make me feel better about sending them to the troops. Thanks again for the help!

As others have said - one's rocket is another's dream stick. I buy the Middleton's and Acids for the troops because the younger guys seem to love them. Neither would pass my lips. Never know what someone may find enjoyable.

rrplasencia
07-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I think the key point is the intent of the gift. There is nothing that says sticks you won't smoke are necessarily garbage sticks. The generosity of the giver is the key thing here.

When I first started in this hobby, I didn't have a lot of spare sticks to send out. I got an inexpensive bundle of 50 sticks and sent them to a soldier with whom I had struck up a friendship. I know that he appreciated them and shared them with his buddies.

As long as the intent is kind, the actual or perceived quality of the gift is, IMHO, secondary.
:tpd:think one of our troops once said "everything tastes better in the dessert"

tobii3
07-27-2009, 07:20 PM
As others have said - one's rocket is another's dream stick. I buy the Middleton's and Acids for the troops because the younger guys seem to love them. Neither would pass my lips. Never know what someone may find enjoyable.

No joke. The favorite cigar for the ladies?? The Acid Blondies. They LOVED them.

elderboy02
07-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Troops!

MedicCook
07-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I am also with the majority. Send them to the troops.

icehog3
07-27-2009, 09:25 PM

Excellent choice, Daniel! :tu