PDA

View Full Version : Review: Avo Legacy "Canto por la Vida"

RichardW
07-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Cigar: AVO Legacy "Canto por la Vida"
Size: (belicosa)) 46 x 5 7/8"
Vendor/Price: N/A
Hype: {from Bonita Smoke Shop}:
The Legacy cigars are Avo's newest ones in the previous tradition of the well known AVO Anniversary cigars. Avo Uvezian decided on the shape of this beautifully formed belicoso to harmonize with his music and passion for cigars.
[snip]
The Cibao Valley, which is one of the finest growing areas for tobacco, is where the music truly begins for this silken belicoso. He chose the Cibao Valley area tobacco especially to create one of his finest works of art
.....a true Masterpiece....Avo Legacy Cigars!

Beverage(s): ice water
Date: 7/6/2009

Appearance: This figurado has a beautiful, caramel-colored, flawless wrapper, and a pre-light aroma of light cedar and cocoa. Upon lighting, the cigar begins with a strong core taste of green peppercorn and a long, earthy, herbal finish. The second third calms down and develops complex medium-bodied tobacco flavors and a long, smooth, finish with a slightly sweet, herbal note (thyme?). The final third retains a core of slight spice and wood. A good nic. buz. Thank you John (PapaJohn67 -- who else?).

Canto por la vida -- I know so little about life and even less about these cigars. Avo Uvezian is a musician, but chairman of the company of cigars distributed by Davidoff. I've smoke the standard Avo line, but only recntly have been gifted some of the upper line which certainly have that Davidoff touch. Thanks you, John!! :tu

Ambience: I was at McMennamins' Edgefield in Troutdale Oregon and had been informed that the usual smoking areas are now off limits, thanks to the new smoking laws in Oregon. I found a little wooden enclave off the beaten path with a hewn wooden armchair underneath several cedar trees and surrounded by bushes and flowering plants. I was interrupted only by a hummingbird that swooped overhead, targeting the trumpet-shaped flowers nearby. I remained for about an hour or so, reading and smoking, and the hummingbird finally realized that I was not threat and calmly revisited every 15 minutes or so. Thanks again, John !! :ss

Joan
07-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Great review, Richard! Got to try these now. :D

kydsid
07-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Nice review, sounds like a good cigar and an even better smoking spot.

Giant & 49er Fan
07-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the review... The AVO 80th remains one of my favorites of all time. Which reminds me, I havn't had one in a while. Hmmmh! Time to locate a box. Great review and look forward to more. :ss

md4958
07-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Great review!

scooter
07-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the great review. Sounds like you found the perfect spot to enjoy a cigar!

BillyCigars
07-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Fantastic review as always Richard!! :tu:tu

RichardW
07-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Fantastic review as always Richard!! :tu:tu

Davidoff? Did he say Davidoff ??

:r :r :r

RichardW
07-27-2009, 10:42 PM
I forgot to post pics!! Sorry -- no review on the Ashoton -- also a wonderful smoke and gifted by the same bad penny :rolleyes: