PDA

View Full Version : cabaiguan maduro

Uflbassin
07-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I hear that this is the same cigar as the triunfador, but under a different name. I've had the triunfador and loved it so i recommended the cabaiguan maduro to a friend. Is it the exact same cigar, or did pete johnson tweek the blend a bit when he re-named it? Thanks for the info.

Uflbassin
07-26-2009, 03:10 PM
For the record, I'm asking because i hear of the two as being described fairly differently as far as reviews go. And I haven't read that they are the exact same, just people posting "its pretty much the same".

DougBushBC
07-26-2009, 03:26 PM
They are rumored to be the same blend, although I don't find them to be that similar. This could have something to do with the size, being a lancero vs. a fat toro.

NCRadioMan
07-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Pete has said in interviews that the El Triunfador is, in fact, a Cabaiguan maduro in a lancero format.

Adriftpanda
07-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Pete has said in interviews that the El Triunfador is, in fact, a Cabaiguan maduro in a lancero format.

Woh that's pretty cool information. I actually had a few of the maduro cab and was very impressed with it, a few days later I had the el triunfador and wondered why it was similar. That is really ironic.