PDA

View Full Version : Group wants cancer warning on Hot Dogs

e-man67
07-24-2009, 09:33 AM
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/158523.php

Saw this on the news this morning and had to find an article to post. What BS.

md4958
07-24-2009, 09:39 AM
There should be a warning on packages of Tofu.

WARNING: Eating to much of this product may make you smell like a hippie.

e-man67
07-24-2009, 09:43 AM
There should be a warning on packages of Tofu.

WARNING: Eating to much of this product may make you smell like a hippie.

Love it! Or "Warning the product you are about to eat has NO flavor"

stitch
07-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Why don't they just post a big sign in the sky ...
WARNING: Life is Dangerous to your Health.

vankleekkw
07-24-2009, 10:20 AM
I think that stupid people like this should wear signs warning the rest of us about the BS that might come out of their mouths.

adampc22
07-24-2009, 10:22 AM
my god what a silly thing to do

Ashcan Bill
07-24-2009, 10:32 AM
The people that are behind this one should have "Warning, contains itty bitty brain!" stamped on their foreheads.

TheTraveler
07-24-2009, 10:34 AM
:c

I'm just waiting for the ban on sex. If you follow this "legislate against anything with the slightest chance for harm" crap to its logical conclusion ........... birth ALWAYS ends in death, therefore we must stop all births, therefore no sex. It's logical.

I hate people sometimes. :mad:

To all the lawsuit-crazy hippy-commie-pinkos out there I say ..... EAT THE FU$#&IN HOT DOGS AND SHUT THE F#$K UP!!!

/rant

elderboy02
07-24-2009, 10:47 AM
You can take my hot dog from my cold dead hands :fu

hotreds
07-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Life guarantees death.

kelmac07
07-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Next it will be...CAUTION: Breathing may be hazardous to your health!! Give me a break!!

ucla695
07-24-2009, 05:09 PM
I just have to shake my head at this one. Utterly ridiculous. I'm most upset that my illusion of hot dogs being good for you has been shattered. I thought it was the perfect, well balanced meal. Protein, veggies, carbs. What's not to like. I guess I'll have to find another healthy substitute. ;)

Mr. Ed
07-24-2009, 06:38 PM
On a different vein, I wish they were more worried about putting what actually goes into the hotdog on the label rather than its evil dangers.

streetglide
07-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Homer: What about pork, bacon and sausage?
Lisa: Those all come from the same animal dad.
Homer: Sure Lisa, like there's this magical animal! :D

ucla695
07-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Homer: What about pork, bacon and sausage?
Lisa: Those all come from the same animal dad.
Homer: Sure Lisa, like there's this magical animal! :D

Magical indeed. :tu

markem
07-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Hal beat me to it, but here's a little story that I like to tell people who get hysterical over little things like, "did you know that the ionization you receive from your monitor while reading this message can create an imbalance in your free radicals who could (always 'could' or 'may') lead to an increased risk of death (especially when you use a fullsize monitor while driving).

Anyway, the story.

Researchers from many disciplines recently released the results of a decades long research into the primary cause of death for all peoples of all time. That's right, they now know the leading factor in all the deaths up to the present since the beginning of the species. While the findings still require a more detailed peer review, scientists around the world are already hailing the work as a masterpiece. Seems that scientists were able to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that every person who has died since the beginning of time has a common link. That link is 'birth'. Yes, it appears that the leading cause of death for our species (perhaps all species) is birth. Scientists are looking for a way to defeat this so-called 'birth' phenomenon now. The full article will be published next month in the respected "Mad Magazine" journal of medicine.

I've had people reply with weird answers because they see these things all the time and don't know if I'm joking.