PDA

View Full Version : Stressed OUT!

kgoings
07-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I have had a rough couple days, through out my life I for the most part have been relatively stress free. I have a very very stressful job, but it doesn’t affect me. I know I do my best and that is all I can do, so even though my job is extremely stressful, it doesn’t stress me personally like some others. I have never really stressed out on much of anything, kinda an easy going guy. But lately I am super stressed out over the political climate in our country and now the Gates arrest case that is plastered all over the news.

My own personal relationships (friends) have disappeared due to something completely out of my control within the last year, some of you may remember a thread I posted about my best friend making a pass at my wife, that one thing has pretty much left my wife and I isolated and friendless. That is irrelevant to this post other then to state that I am venting here cause I have no other place to vent, you are all ‘My Only Friends’ right now.

This Gates thing has me royally pissed off! I think the initial issue kind of pissed me off, but then to have the President comment on the arrest without knowing the facts and basically call the police stupid put me over the edge.

I hate racism! I really do, I have seen it with my own eyes (not against me but I have witnessed it) and I have also witnessed a lot of vicimism which I think I hate more than racism because it just muddies up the waters.

No one knows what happened at that house but the people there. No one. But we do know a couple things,

1) The Police started out doing their job, they responded to a call about a possible break-in.
2) Mr. Gates at some point got pissed off.

We are dealing with people, people who respond to criticism, anger, and all other forms of verbal and body language in many many different ways.

I was once in a situation kind of similar to Mr. Gates. I was wrongfully accused of doing something and it pissed me off, NO WAY was I going to be accused of something that I didn’t do! Now to my knowledge Mr. Gates was not accused of anything at the time, that’s why I say a ‘similar situation’. I mouthed off to the Officers several times, because they just were not seeing “My Perspective” and it was really pissing me off. I got arrested, rightfully so, not for what I was originally accused of but for basically arguing and not shutting up.

I may be WAY off base; because like I said, I wasn’t there…therefore I don’t know exactly what happened. But I would personally be pretty irritated if there were a bunch of Cops in my house and they were asking me to ID myself. BUT that is their job, if it pisses me off or not.

And then Mr. Pres spouts off…what the F he know? I don’t give a damn if this guy is his friend or not. He should have not answered that question.

Can anyone remember a President being asked and commenting on a private police matter, so soon after it happened without knowledge of all the facts? Maybe I am just clouded right now….but VERY unprofessional!

*steps down from soap box*

G G
07-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Hang in there Kirk. I too am kinda dissilusioned about the political climate in our country right now. But we gotta keep on keeping on or lay down and die. Not sure if that helps, but we are in this together bro.:tu

Mugen910
07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
you know my PM mailbox if you wanna vent bro :D Just don't be mad when I fill yours right back with my own BS venting crap :r

kgoings
07-23-2009, 09:20 PM
you know my PM mailbox if you wanna vent bro :D Just don't be mad when I fill yours right back with my own BS venting crap :r

LOL that might make me feel better, then I can worry about your BS and not mine :r:r:r

Mugen910
07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
LOL that might make me feel better, then I can worry about your BS and not mine :r:r:r

:r