PDA

View Full Version : Strange leaf in CAO Black VR

Mark
07-22-2009, 05:26 PM
My first cigar of the evening last night was a CAO Black VR Mural, just something light to get the evening going. I've been sitting on a box of these for a year or two now and they are smoking pretty well, but when I cut this particular stick I found something strange: one maduro (looking) leaf at the center of the filler. The leaf burned much slower than the rest of the filler/binder/wrapper and caused a pretty ridiculous cone, but I sill finished 'her off :D

Just thought I would share. Anyone had this happen before with a stick? Its my first time, and I was caught completely off guard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/iamkram/DSCF8102.jpg

-Mark

(PS - for any hebrew speaking brethren out there, the leaf had an uncanny resemblance to a stylized waw. :tu)

kzm007
07-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Huh...neat :)

BillyCigars
07-22-2009, 05:59 PM
That would almost certainly be the ligero leaf. Just looks a bit too tightly rolled is all. Other than the cone, did it smoke alright?

Mark
07-22-2009, 06:11 PM
That would almost certainly be the ligero leaf. Just looks a bit too tightly rolled is all. Other than the cone, did it smoke alright?

Does the Black VR have a ligero leaf? I have smoked a number of these and never seen anything like this :confused:

I'll smoke another one tonight and see if I can "reproduce the results".

adampc22
07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Does the Black VR have a ligero leaf? I have smoked a number of these and never seen anything like this :confused:

I'll smoke another one tonight and see if I can "reproduce the results".

i think all cigars have a ligero leaf just stronger cigars have more than milder cigars

Kreth
07-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Weird. I've smoked several of the VRs and never noticed anything like that. Those and the Brazilia are my favorites from CAO.