PDA

View Full Version : La Aurora 100 Anos Maduro?

DougBushBC
07-15-2009, 08:47 AM
So I found a box at a B&M not long ago of some 100 Anos PC sized cigars that were wrapped Maduro. I have smoked a lot of Cien Anos cigars before and never seen a maduro. I bought the last two in the box, and he said he was out. This was a few weeks back, and today I was reading about the 100 Anos line and noticed that no where on the Interwebs did it mention the Maduro version of this cigar. Anyone have any experience or know anything about this? I am a huge fan of this line of cigars and would love to know how this cigar came to be.

-D

Sauer Grapes
07-15-2009, 12:51 PM
My guess would be that it was just a darker color variation in the wrappers in that box. Could also have been fakes. Of course, there is always the possibility that you have yourself a couple very rare cigars.

Mr.Maduro
07-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Ask this guy. clicky (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/member.php?u=2537) He seems to be from La Aurora cigars.

Darrell
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
My guess would be that it was just a darker color variation in the wrappers in that box. Could also have been fakes. Of course, there is always the possibility that you have yourself a couple very rare cigars.

Fake 100 Anos? I really doubt it. The wrapper is a Dominican Corojo, I've seen some Corojo so dark it appeared to be a Maduro. However, their was never a 100 Anos Maduro produced.

la aurora
07-15-2009, 01:17 PM
:ss Guys, we never did a maduro, who knows if one day we take the same binder and filler put on a maduro wrapper, lets see if it works, what happen with these is that we used a top priming and they were very dark, keep in mind that Maduro is one thing an Oscuro is an other, to be honest the Corona was the best in my humble opinion, if you can find them buy because there very unique, enjoy and thanks for all your support.:tu

TomHagen
07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
:ss Guys, we never did a maduro, who knows if one day we take the same binder and filler put on a maduro wrapper, lets see if it works, what happen with these is that we used a top priming and they were very dark, keep in mind that Maduro is one thing an Oscuro is an other, to be honest the Corona was the best in my humble opinion, if you can find them buy because there very unique, enjoy and thanks for all your support.:tu

Cool. thanks for the info. glad to see you on here!:ss

Sauer Grapes
07-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Fake 100 Anos? I really doubt it. The wrapper is a Dominican Corojo, I've seen some Corojo so dark it appeared to be a Maduro. However, their was never a 100 Anos Maduro produced.

I think my comment was right on. I said that my best guess it was just a darker variation of the normal wrapper...

However, there is probably a reason the Cien Anos band was serial numbered. Remember, there have been fake Opus, Padron, etc. in the past.

Darrell
07-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I think my comment was right on. I said that my best guess it was just a darker variation of the normal wrapper...

However, there is probably a reason the Cien Anos band was serial numbered. Remember, there have been fake Opus, Padron, etc. in the past.

I was simply responding to YOU about the chance of a FAKE.

The rest of the comment was directed at the OP. :)

la aurora
07-15-2009, 03:09 PM
SG, your on the money, the bands were put on to keep control, also that the consumer would know it's a limited editon, as I wrote before all good things in life come to an end.

DougBushBC
07-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Here are some pictures to compare:

An Opus X, My "Maduro" Cien Anos, and a Work of Art Maduro

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_WzSZoBJDIGQ/Sl5FmxHHvoI/AAAAAAAADJY/t8B6XVHl6Mk/s800/DSCN1357.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WzSZoBJDIGQ/Sl5FwWu71iI/AAAAAAAADJc/CKlCl1h6RT4/s800/DSCN1358.JPG

Jbailey
07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
I found a box of these with really dark wrappers and thought the same thing (maduro). Bought one and tried it, not so good.

Sauer Grapes
07-15-2009, 03:15 PM
That IS really dark. I'm sure la aurora can comment on the color but I didn't expect it to be THAT dark. Wow.

DougBushBC
07-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I will also say the veiny-ness of this particular one is RIDIC, maybe it just slipped by QC.

la aurora
07-15-2009, 03:20 PM
SG, it's Oscuro wrapper from a top priming, you have to remember that wrapper gets darker when you age, I am a big fan of aging.:)

DougBushBC
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
More Pictures
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_WzSZoBJDIGQ/Sl5IqSS42ZI/AAAAAAAADJ4/PBkHfqBcEC0/s800/DSCN1364.JPG
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_WzSZoBJDIGQ/Sl5Itd0ZhKI/AAAAAAAADKA/nVsfuOJzXl4/s800/DSCN1365.JPG
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_WzSZoBJDIGQ/Sl5Ix97Q0zI/AAAAAAAADKE/d6hjiBn63-w/s800/DSCN1366.JPG

kydsid
07-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Wow that one has been at the B&M for a while. My last box was in the 90's.

la aurora
07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
DB, yours are about three years old, smoke on a great day.

DougBushBC
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Will do, thanks so much for making great cigars, I am enjoyin a Gold Tubo right now (cooking some wagyu beef steaks :-P)

NCRadioMan
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Wow that one has been at the B&M for a while. My last box was in the 90's.
The 100 Anos wasn't available in the 90's. :confused:

Oh, and it doesn't look like a maduro to me. Just a nice oscuro that it is. Enjoy! They be good! :ss

DougBushBC
07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
I think he meant the code number was in the 90s

NCRadioMan
07-15-2009, 05:19 PM

That makes sense. :tu

kydsid
07-15-2009, 06:08 PM
The 100 Anos wasn't available in the 90's. :confused:

Oh, and it doesn't look like a maduro to me. Just a nice oscuro that it is. Enjoy! They be good! :ss

Ya sorry for that confusion. Doug is right the numbering is in the 90k range.

la aurora
07-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Guys, any time you have any questions please let us know, we will try to give you straight and honest answers, have a great weekend.

TomHagen
07-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Guys, any time you have any questions please let us know, we will try to give you straight and honest answers, have a great weekend.

Thanks, is this Jose Blanco?

la aurora
07-17-2009, 12:33 PM
yes sir, have we met?:)

TomHagen
07-17-2009, 12:46 PM
yes sir, have we met?:)

Yes at an event on LI 2 years ago... but my father does trademark work for you guys, a great company.

la aurora
07-17-2009, 01:14 PM
:) Was it at a store, are you going to the show, you should come down to the ProCigar festival, if you ever would like to come and visit the factory your more than welcome, have a great weekend.:tu

TomHagen
07-17-2009, 01:51 PM
:) Was it at a store, are you going to the show, you should come down to the ProCigar festival, if you ever would like to come and visit the factory your more than welcome, have a great weekend.:tu

Thanks for the invite!! I may well take you up on it. To what show are you referring?

We met at J. Barbera. I do not typically frequent there, but my father's office is really nearby and we knew you were in town. I'll mention this conversation to my dad.

All the best.

la aurora
07-17-2009, 02:42 PM
The third Cigar festival in Santiago, you get to visit all the factories and fields, we will have seminars also, you can go to
procigar.org for information, let me know if you need any help.:)

TomHagen
07-19-2009, 10:17 PM
:tu good stuff!

Waynegro1
07-19-2009, 11:34 PM
The third Cigar festival in Santiago, you get to visit all the factories and fields, we will have seminars also, you can go to
procigar.org for information, let me know if you need any help.:)

I've been dying to make it to this. I'm working on the time off and I think things are going to work out this time. I emailed "the Doc" sometime ago, about this fest and it's sounds like the best place to go for any cigar fanatic. Thank you Mr. Blanco for being part of our little cigar community here. :tu

la aurora
07-20-2009, 06:11 AM
WN1, it is my pleasure to be able to post hear, if you need any information about the festival let me know, take care.:)

TomHagen
07-29-2009, 10:50 PM

I was at a convenience store with a HUGE walk-in that is about 20 min from my house that I know has some hidden gems lying around (old Oliva's, etc.) and pretty good pricing (for NY) and lo and behold...:wo
I found 1 Petite Corona with the darker wrapper lying on top of a box of 1495's on the shelf above 'regular' Cien Anos Petites and Churchills... and of course based on Jose's recommendation picked it right up!
band #296 101
:ss

la aurora
07-30-2009, 06:52 AM
:ss T.H from the # can tell you it's a 2006, enjoy it and let me know after you light up, take care.