PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Patel Spring Collection Toro

bigloo
07-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I traded/won two of these cigars from RPGuy. As with most RP cigars the cigar is good looking with a somewhat dark Sumatra wrapper, I found one small vein, no big deal. The cut was a bit problematic, the head shredded a little but nothing that some touch up snips could not fix.There was just enough cap left to keep it together.

The draw on the cigar was right on so I went ahead and torched it. The first draws where very spicy (peppery spice, not sweet spice) with an almost dark chocolate/coffee undertone, not really my thing. It took about 0.25 inch in until this stopped. The next maybe 0.5 inch the cigar began to sweeten, the pepper remained but only slightly. The chocolate/coffee also remained but without the intense pepper this was actually more to my liking. About 1 inch in the smoke became thick and very creamy with definite coffee and maybe some cedar, but not much. The cedar slowly becomes more prominent with the coffee becoming the undertone as the cigar progresses on, and the sweetness also seemed to increase slightly (although switched from Coke to Bourbon halfway through which could effect this). The creaminess of the cigar remained unchanged in the last few inches and was very nice. I would call this a medium to maybe medium-full cigar.

I had no major burn issues but the damaged head unraveled half way through causing me to continue having to "lick to seal" the cigar. Apart from this annoyance, I liked the richness and creaminess of this cigar. If you like the RP sun grown and the vintage 92, I think you will really enjoy the spring collection. Whatever you rating for the sun grown and vintage 92 is, this would be the same (for me ~89).

90slow50
07-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Good review! I bought one of these a few weeks ago, and it is still sitting in my humi. I love his 90 and 92, so hopefully I will enjoy this one as well.

May smoke it today?

Giant & 49er Fan
07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Great Review.

Mr B
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Nice Review. I have the same issue w/ the head unraveling on the 92's.

BlackIrish
07-13-2009, 12:48 PM
A very nice review! Thanks for taking the time. :tu

scooter
07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the great review.