PDA

View Full Version : Attention Red Sox Fans

The Poet
07-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Visit the Home Depot in Secaucus NJ this Saturday July 11th to meet and greet one of the most memorable names in all of Red Sox history - the incomparable Bucky Dent! The first 200 in attendence will receive an autographed baseball, which you will surely cherish for years to come.

Neither Bill Buckner nor Aaron Boone are currently scheduled, but you never know.

taltos
07-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Why don't you pay a visit to Massachusetts and plant a wet one square on my hairy butt? Yankee fans are bigger a**holes than their team.

The Poet
07-09-2009, 03:45 PM
:ss

md4958
07-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Visit the Home Depot in Secaucus NJ this Saturday July 11th to meet and greet one of the most memorable names in all of Red Sox history - the incomparable Bucky Dent! The first 200 in attendence will receive an autographed baseball, which you will surely cherish for years to come.

Neither Bill Buckner nor Aaron Boone are currently scheduled, but you never know.

To quote a friend of mine "This guy makes me miss Legend"

Bruins Fan
07-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Bucky bleepin Dent :r

Bruins Fan
07-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Why don't you pay a visit to Massachusetts and plant a wet one square on my hairy butt? Yankee fans are bigger a**holes than their team.
I concur :)

VirtualSmitty
07-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Kinda funny coming a Sox fan :r

BlackIrish
07-09-2009, 06:34 PM

To quote a friend of mine "This guy makes me miss Legend"

Absolutely. Legend was clueless, not evil.

dunng
07-09-2009, 07:47 PM
:fu2

MedicCook
07-09-2009, 10:12 PM

I would like to think there is an exception or two Paul.

kelmac07
07-09-2009, 10:19 PM
LOL!!!

taltos
07-10-2009, 03:22 AM
I would like to think there is an exception or two Paul.When dealing with the OP generalizations work better. You and Smitty are obviously exceptions but I have been to games at Fenway and at the old Yankee Stadium and opposing fans are treated much worse by the locals at the New York venue. The Yankee fans are probably the second worst that I have seen, close behind Philadelphia fans in general. I also agree with BlackIrish except that the op is not only evil but clueless also. I do appologize to any Yankme fan who is not an a**hole.

VirtualSmitty
07-10-2009, 07:55 AM
When dealing with the OP generalizations work better. You and Smitty are obviously exceptions but I have been to games at Fenway and at the old Yankee Stadium and opposing fans are treated much worse by the locals at the New York venue. The Yankee fans are probably the second worst that I have seen, close behind Philadelphia fans in general. I also agree with BlackIrish except that the op is not only evil but clueless also. I do appologize to any Yankme fan who is not an a**hole.

Gimme a break. I've made the trek with friends up to Fenway a couple of times to watch the Yankees/Sox and we caught plenty of flak.

I don't care what side of the fence your on, Yankees and Sox fans are the same. Both sides have plenty of die hards, a**holes, and front runners. Only Yankees fans are better behaved. When we win a WS we throw a parade and celebrate. When the Sox win Red Sox nation has a riot, sets cars on fire and busts up store front windows. Even Philly fans behaved better than the Sox when they won last year :r

taltos
07-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Gimme a break. I've made the trek with friends up to Fenway a couple of times to watch the Yankees/Sox and we caught plenty of flak.

I don't care what side of the fence your on, Yankees and Sox fans are the same. Both sides have plenty of die hards, a**holes, and front runners. Only Yankees fans are better behaved. When we win a WS we throw a parade and celebrate. When the Sox win Red Sox nation has a riot, sets cars on fire and busts up store front windows. Even Philly fans behaved better than the Sox when they won last year :rWrong, the riots are when the Pats win a Super Bowl. I have seen Sox fans getting beaten up in the upper deck of the old toilet bowl. I have never seen a Yankee fan get beaten up at Fenway. Lets not get started on Pats/Jets because both sides are wrong. I still enjoy busting balls with you.:D By the way, the Phillies fans were still in shock. First time that a Philadelphia fan has ever behaved.

VirtualSmitty
07-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Wrong, the riots are when the Pats win a Super Bowl. I have seen Sox fans getting beaten up in the upper deck of the old toilet bowl. I have never seen a Yankee fan get beaten up at Fenway. Lets not get started on Pats/Jets because both sides are wrong. I still enjoy busting balls with you.:D By the way, the Phillies fans were still in shock. First time that a Philadelphia fan has ever behaved.

Google Red Sox riots ;):D

The Poet
07-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Don't you Sox fans realize why Yankee fans yank your chain, and tease you like the little brother on the playground? Simple - you let us. Here you are, getting all bent over Dent, and a game that ended over thirty years ago! And there's no good reason for it, save that you let it bother you. First off, it's just a game - win or lose, there's another one tomorrow, or the next day, next week, next month, next year. Secondly, The Curse has ended. Your team has their rings, you should be happy now. Hell, all you said for three generations was "Just once before I die." Well, you got your wish, and you still act like petulant kids who dropped their lollipops. Get over it. You wanna shut us up? Then the next time someone mentions Bucky, Buckner, Boone, or Boggs riding that horse around The Bronx, just smile and shrug and say "Yes, that one still hurts." That's OK, that's just fine. But as long as you don't act like winners, and still act like the little brother on the playground, you will get yanked by Yanks.

Hey, I'm not trying to be nasty here - I mean this sincerely, one BOTL to another. And I am sure that all I'll get for my effort from most of you is a hearty :fu. But if even one of you stops and thinks, "You know, he may have a point here" then maybe we all can just sit back with a cold one and a stogie and enjoy the game. Take the word of a Yankee fan on this - it's a lot more fun that way.

cort
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Go Angels:banger

md4958
07-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Can we send this guy back and Legend???

The Poet
07-10-2009, 02:50 PM

Should be a good series, Gary - we'll see how it plays out. :ss

And I would reply to Moe's post too, but I don't speak fragmented gibberish. :confused:

cort
07-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Should be a good series, Gary - we'll see how it plays out. :ss

And I would reply to Moe's post too, but I don't speak fragmented gibberish. :confused:

Ya I hope our pitching will show up this series. We seem to do well against the Yanks for some reason so I am optomistic.

Be nice to Moe. He makes cookies.

The Poet
07-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Ya I hope our pitching will show up this series. We seem to do well against the Yanks for some reason so I am optomistic.

Be nice to Moe. He makes cookies.

Yeah, my boys always seem to have problems with youse guys, and I'll be happy with 2 of 3 - I know you won't, but hey. And as for Moe, cookies or no, I tried to be nice, but those guys are crazy-blind when it comes to their teams. That's why they're so fun to tease - you can probably see them turning red from there. :ss

cort
07-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Yeah, my boys always seem to have problems with youse guys, and I'll be happy with 2 of 3 - I know you won't, but hey. And as for Moe, cookies or no, I tried to be nice, but those guys are crazy-blind when it comes to their teams. That's why they're so fun to tease - you can probably see them turning red from there. :ss

I'll take 2 of 3 as well just the other way around.:tu

I am stayin far away from this NY-MA battle. I dont mind talkin **** when my teams play you fools. The best thing that could happen would be if when the sox played the yanks they would fill the staduim with fans give them a bunch of beers so they get all fiesty and then just call it a tie and see what would happen.

The Poet
07-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Except for the "tie" thing - google Bucky Dent if you don't understand - that's pretty much what happens every series, Fenway or the Bronx.

Bruins Fan
07-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Nice troll :rolleyes:

The Poet
07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Nice troll :rolleyes:

Hey, some of my best friends are trolls - and a few are Sox fans too. :ss

gnukfu
07-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I love it when my Yankee buddies have to refer back to ancient history.....this century has been a disaster for their dear Yanks......

The Poet
07-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Which was my point, George - why let ancient history get you all bent outta shape? It is our mutual history, Yanks and Sox, and should be celebrated, not a bone on contention. Baseball is a pastime, and needs to be viewed as that, no more.

md4958
07-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Can we send this guy back and Legend???

my apologies, I was in the car when I posted that.

It should have been: "Can we send this guy back for Legend???"

Lemme decipher that for you Tom:

Legend was the biggest asshat Cigar Asylum ever saw... UNTIL June 5, 2009.

I could care less about Dent, Boone or whatever other ass-clown you yankee fans drag up every time you're depressed about not winning a world series in this century.

I do find it hilarious that the yankee fan's greatest hero is now making appearances at Home Depots in New Jersey... awesome :tu:tu

Out of respect for the MODs I wont tell you how I really feel about you.

The Poet
07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Babe Ruth? Lou Gehrig? Joe DiMaggio, Dom's better brother? Yogi Berra? Mickey Mantle? Donnie Baseball? Or Jeter and Mo? Ever heard of these guys? Bucky Dent is NOT a Yankee's fan greatest hero - he's just the guy you hate the most - beside me, it appears.

joed
07-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I love it when my Yankee buddies have to refer back to ancient history.....this century has been a disaster for their dear Yanks......

even monkeys fall out of trees once in a while. It's a fact of nature. Now - if the red sox can keep it up for 10 or 12 centuries - they will have accumulated a comparable amount of titles and then we have something to talk about.

it's a great rivalry between the two teams - and fun to watch - the sox have kicked ass this year - and unless the yanks can beat this team in a heads up series, it doesn't matter which is first and which is the wild card.

neither are going to beat joe torre and the dodgers this year!

VirtualSmitty
07-10-2009, 05:24 PM
you're depressed about not winning a world series in this century.

2000 WS doesn't count?

gnukfu
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
2000 WS doesn't count?

That's last century - 2001 starts this century's World Series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century

cort
07-10-2009, 06:00 PM
:chr

gettysburgfreak
07-10-2009, 06:09 PM
i was in baltimore last summer watching an O's/ Red Sox game and this guy sitting in front of me was wearing a Yankee shirt and was attempting to talk sh*t to all the Red Sox and O's fans surrounding him. I have no problem with a yankee fan enjoying a game but when you show up wearing gear from a team not even playing and start running your mouth thats when I have an issue.

The Poet
07-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I have no problem with a yankee fan enjoying a game but when you show up wearing gear from a team not even playing and start running your mouth thats when I have an issue.

I could not agree more, the guy was a jerk, and if the Os and Sox fans had dragged him under the stands and beat the $#!+ outta him, then my feeling would be he asked for it. Let's face it - there are fans, and there are @$$holes. Despite what some think here, I am a fan - can all of them here say the same?

gnukfu
07-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I could not agree more, the guy was a jerk, and if the Os and Sox fans had dragged him under the stands and beat the $#!+ outta him, then my feeling would be he asked for it. Let's face it - there are fans, and there are @$$holes. Despite what some think here, I am a fan - can all of them here say the same?

Not me! I'm one of those fair weather fans. Only been going to Fenway since 1964! :banger...my parents could afford to bring the whole family for a weekend series which included a doubleheader and we stayed in the Fenway Motel.....box seats every year.....I was so spoiled and didn't realize it at the time....

cort
07-11-2009, 06:27 PM

VTDragon
07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Summer is here and Yankees and Sox fans are at each others' throats. Ain't it grand:dance:. One thing I do thank the Yankees for: rooting for the Sox would not be as much fun if we did not get to simultaneously root against the Evil Empire, Bucky freakin' Dent...aaarrrggghh!

The Poet
07-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Back-to-back Garys, hunh? Well, imprimis for Cort, your pitching was lousy this weekend - but mine sucked big time. As for VT, secundus, yes that's a good part of my whole point here - if nobody cared, it would be no fun. However, it should be seen as that - fun - and not a matter of life and death. It's just a freakin' game, boys.

yourchoice
08-13-2009, 08:34 PM
The Yankee fans are probably the second worst that I have seen, close behind Philadelphia fans in general..... I do appologize to any Yankme fan who is not an a**hole.

Even Philly fans behaved better than the Sox when they won last year :r

By the way, the Phillies fans were still in shock. First time that a Philadelphia fan has ever behaved.

Don't know what prompted me to click on this thread, but don't all of you ***holes (tongue in cheek) drag the reigning World Series Champions fans into your (it's getting old) tiff! :)

Generalizations suck, but it's part of what makes sports fun. Now all of you Yankme and BlowSox fans have a nice night and we'll see one of you in October!

Now where's my damn apology? ;) :r

The Poet
08-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Now where's my damn apology? ;) :r

I got your damn apology right HERE! :ss

gnukfu
08-14-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry you are a Philles fan....OK now that the apology is taken care of you should be happy!

yourchoice
08-14-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry you are a Philles fan....OK now that the apology is taken care of you should be happy!

And I am sorry that you are not. Whew, you're right, I do feel better. :)

Bruins Fan
08-16-2009, 12:06 PM
That's twice this season the Penny / Veritek combination has allowed eight stolen bases in one game. :td

blooz4u
08-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Buncha head hunters!! It will be interesting to see if there will be any retribution today from the Ranger pitchers!!